Luis Enrique

Cool

Well, we can't bitch about him treating Vidal wrong and not playing him at RB, he knew his limits and kept him against low to mid-level clubs.

slk123

But wasn't Vidal one of the signings he requested?

tbf his options amidst the transfer ban were probably rather limited

EDIT: I also always had the feeling about lucho that he was kind of a heartless bastard when it comes down to discipline :lol: theres that story about him, kluivert and puyol from way back, which kinda tells a lot about his character (aswell as puyols)

Last edited:

Barcelona Fan

With Luis Enrique I always felt that he understood very quickly who was good and who wasn't. For example he had Deulofeu available in preseason and sent him out on loan after a few training sessions before giving him even 1 official game. Valverde on the other hand started him in a Clasico.

Same with the ostracism of Vidal. Lucho didn't trust him at all. Valverde starts him in a Clasico. 2 players who are definitely not worthy of the shirt - and Lucho received a lot of hate for both decisions.

"Midfielders too far apart because Lucho doesn't build around the midfield." Well, so far 0 difference. Look at the heatmap from yesterday. Messi in the middle, Iniesta and Rakitic very far apart.

xXKonan

Pep requested Ibra too and didn't have a problem kicking him out of the club. It is one thing to see a player and another to deal with him on daily basis.
That's true. I guess Lucho was hoping to forge him into a solid RB but as you can see it didn't happen.

Arkk

Lucho had MSN to bail him out.. Valverde has a huge mess with a clusterfuck of a board at the worst its ever been.

mark1nhu

Lucho had MSN to bail him out.. Valverde has a huge mess with a clusterfuck of a board at the worst its ever been.

Valverde also has to deal with the detrimental play/system/philosophy Lucho ingrained inside the players' head during his tenure.

Barcelona Fan

Valverde also has to deal with the detrimental play/system/philosophy Lucho ingrained inside the players' head during his tenure.

I'm sorry but football is not a language that you teach little children and after many years you suddenly pronounce words completely differently and they are confused. Grown up men can surely follow simple instructions like: "Leo, stay on the right more, you are leaving the right flank completely empty."

mark1nhu

I'm sorry but football is not a language that you teach little children and after many years you suddenly pronounce words completely differently and they are confused. Grown up men can surely follow simple instructions like: "Leo, stay on the right more, you are leaving the right flank completely empty."

You're out of your mind if you think players don't need to readapt themselves to a new/different system after 3 years following Lucho's vision of football.

Home of Barca Fans