Luis Enrique

ppxrare

Did he make mistakes ? sure Was he stubborn with his formations and having certain players play unnecessarily? yup

What he did do was give my best ever season in watching and enjoying football which was that treble year where we destroyed every team we came up against and lets not forget the best ever Barca match I ever watched which was the 3-0 over Bayern and the emotions which came with it. For that , I thank him.

GetIn

As much as I wanted the guy out this season for his shitty tactics, unwillingness to adapt, questionable lineups and lack of a definitive play style; now that he's well and truly gone, I can take a step back and assess his stint here properly.

He came here at a very difficult time, we were out of ideas, Messi seemed to be on the decline, we seemed don't to lack that killer instinct and we were coming of a trophiless season. The first half of his first season was pretty bad, we couldn't find our groove, MSN were lacking chemistry and Lucho kept experimenting with our lineups every single match. But, to his credit we came back with a roar in the second half and completely dominated the scene, going on to win the treble. Second year wheels started to fall off a bit, but we still managed to remarkably do the double and this season of couse speaks for itself.

He may not have been the best manager in the world tactically, but he came in here, tweaked our play style to include hitting teams on the counter and gave our seemingly dead squad a new lease of life.

Now that he's gone I strangely already miss him a bit, but this move was necessary, good luck Lucho in whatever comes next and Valverde will have a hell of a job on his hands if he is to top your stubborn ass.

Devils

Feels weird that Lucho is gone tbh and I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss him as well. He gave us some great memories and is an avid Cule. I'm looking forward to seeing him in attendance at our games next season.

It's the appropriate time to part ways, but I will look at Lucho in a positive light looking back on his time.

I'll never forget his quote after the first leg against PSG: "If they can score 4 in Paris, we can score 6 at Camp Nou"

Badass.

Last edited:

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Lucho's first months and his last season were really flawed (his biggest weakness choosing the right moments to rotate caused the biggest problems) but looking at his whole tenure it was a huge success. Now we are the only club in Europe with two Trebles, we added another double and arguably created the best attacking trio in football history.
It is impossible to win the league or CL every season and I would never underestimate Copa so even this season was not a failure in my eyes. It also brought two unforgettable moments: The biggest comeback in CL history and a moment that will be in every Messi highlight reel once his career is over.

I just hope we will be able to make the right transfers this summer. We need to because in the last years there have been some which were not satisfying at all and did not really help to improve the team. Chances for La Masia boys would be nice too.

Thx Lucho!

aaron101

So what's next for Lucho? Where does he go from here? I'm curious on which team will get him. It seems like he's gonna take a year rest.

khaled_a_d

So what's next for Lucho? Where does he go from here? I'm curious on which team will get him. It seems like he's gonna take a year rest.

He said he will take a year off which is probably the smart thing to do. Not many available positions out their in top clubs and he should be selective with the next club and don't do a Rijkaard and go for the next offer

Barcilliant

Tactics wise the best thing he did was expand our repertoire. Good to see us counter and play direct football at times.

His rotation policy was skewed though and cost us la Liga.

Also we declined badly in cl this season.

Overall though he has been a success. #ForeverLucho.

God Serena

Can't help but wonder what is wrong with people who said they already miss Lucho.

Like, it's a time to celebrate. We finally have a chance to returning to being a good team. Why would you miss him already?

Total-Football

The worst squad planning i have yet to see from a big club coach. 3 years and all he left to his successor is a 3 years older squad. Thats it.

Home of Barca Fans