Luis Enrique

F

FlaFCB

It is all down to who they hire as the next manager as they clearly put a lot of trust in that person for transfer etc.

Million miles away from Gaspart era. Even with this squad a top manager would have Barca close to treble success. Luchos arrogance has fucked him more than squad available.

Which top manager, Jam? Unzue or Valverde? With robert keeping gomes and signing bellerin? We're not there yet, but I'm getting gaspart vibes since April 2016. That's where we're headed, if this board keep going as they are.

JamDav1982

Which top manager, Jam? Unzue or Valverde? With robert keeping gomes and signing bellerin? We're not there yet, but I'm getting gaspart vibes since April 2016. That's where we're headed, if this board keep going as they are.

I dont like either of them just the point being that there is still team now that should be competing better than have this season.

All this was said couple years back and then went on to win 5 of the 6 next bigger trophies available.

Folk over react and there is still a lot of quality for next manager to work with. With a few transfers def needed.

Devils

The end of the era will come when Messi can no longer carry Barca anymore. He's still doing that today.

We should be realistic about this season:

-In no way shape or form were we good enough to win the Champions League. We don't have the squad, motivation or hunger to compete with the best.
-We should have won La Liga, but were the architects of our own demise dropping tons of points to teams that should have been easy wins
-We should win the Copa

This team was good enough to win the domestic double this season, but didn't because of Lucho's ridiculous tactics and rotations.

The team is very much in the 2013-2014 state where it needs some top signings to resurrect it again.

Devils

Carried it to what? A 0-3 defeat? He can't do anything on his own.

He did carry the team today. Not to a win but to basically any positive opportunity we had in the match. The guy was basically the entire midfield and attack.

My point is Messi is still by far the most elite player in the world today and will lift Barca to a level above anyone else in Europe. We can still build around him and have him elevate Barca again with a few more signings.

It has to be done in the same way we made signing in the 2014 summer.

Carried it to what? A 0-3 defeat? He can't do anything on his own.

To be honest, I have started to respect Zidane's strategy more than previously. I thought Zidane was too cautious/boring but it seems that the secret these days is to achieve balance. Real Madrid's defence is also poor just like us but they never seem to lose by 3 goals.

JamDav1982

To be honest, I have started to respect Zidane's strategy more than previously. I thought Zidane was too cautious/boring but it seems that the secret these days is to achieve balance. Real Madrid's defence is also poor just like us but they never seem to lose by 3 goals.

Real do have better defenders.

Carvajal, Ramos and Marcelo are better than what Barca have.

Meatball

Real have a much better defense than us n their rightback n lelfback also attack a lot better than ours!

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
More than that, they have two midfielders who would easily walk in to ours.

Modric and Kroos

A more balanced team

JamDav1982

He did carry the team today. Not to a win but to basically any positive opportunity we had in the match. The guy was basically the entire midfield and attack.

My point is Messi is still by far the most elite player in the world today and will lift Barca to a level above anyone else in Europe. We can still build around him and have him elevate Barca again with a few more signings.

It has to be done in the same way we made signing in the 2014 summer.

If Messi is to play central then need a proper RW.

When MSN were unstoppable they stretched teams and both he and Ney got space on opposing wings as teams couldnt leave one open. Now teams are flooding the middle and left again where all three are primarily found.

Sign a RW and better CM to partner Busi further back and open it up again and cover for Messi lack of defending. Cant see any other way to do it.

DonAK

I know all this talk about Italian coaches in La Liga/Barcelona and Barca DNA, but if Allegri still is considering leaving Juventus then we better think about it

gasgas

Good post. Which makes me even more depressed :(

Maybe Xavi can turn things around when he comes back as coach? Normally I wouldn't put so much trust in someone with no coaching experience but he definitely has the footballing IQ to pull it off.
I doubt it
We lost 7-0 to Bayern and the guy was busy saying how we had more possession

Devils

If Messi is to play central then need a proper RW.

When MSN were unstoppable they stretched teams and both he and Ney got space on opposing wings as teams couldnt leave one open. Now teams are flooding the middle and left again where all three are primarily found.

Sign a RW and better CM to partner Busi further back and open it up again and cover for Messi lack of defending. Cant see any other way to do it.

After what we've seen this season I think we need two midfield signings. That or get one and hope Roberto develops into a top CM.

Unfortunately it looks like Rakitic was very much a one season wonder and Iniesta clearly can't do what he used to.

God Serena

I would honestly sell most of our midfield and bring in as much young quality I can, and promote several La Masia players as well.

If we're going to suck at least let it be with an eye to the future.

DonAK

I doubt it
We lost 7-0 to Bayern and the guy was busy saying how we had more possession

He also keep backing Lucho and this Barcelona football despite believing in a different type of football.

Xavi just backs the team/coach whichever way he finds. It's not a testament of his coaching ability.

Home of Barca Fans