Luis Enrique

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
But come on, do you expect we're going to play like Peak 2014-15 again? Is that your only definition of 'getting it right'? There is no time left to 'get it right' that way now. We're nearly in March with a bit more than a dozen games left to play.

Because mine is doing better than previously and not looking like small kids out there. He'll leave at the end of the season anyway. Atletico have some serious firepower and most of their chances still came through our own defensive faults, three players attacking one ball, and their gazillion crosses.

When you're forcing a team with Griezmann, Carrasco and Gameiro on top with that midfield press to boot it up and in the box all the time then you're obviously doing better than when Betis played us out of the park.

No one is saying we did great or very good. Just that we did better compared to previous performances. There's one thing to concede chances through crosses and your own faults, and there's another thing to get OUTPLAYED.

Last edited:
F

FlaFCB

Barca missed chances in first half as well.

Oblak had three good saves, Messi blasted on over from edge of area and so did Suarez.

Controlling the ball and creating chances in this game was far better than previously.

MAtS made 5 crucial saves in the 1st half. And 2 in the 2nd. Atletico played a game midweek, they got tired faster. We weren't outplayed like at Camp Nou, but still not the best this team can offer.

JamDav1982

MAtS made 5 crucial saves in the 1st half. And 2 in the 2nd. Atletico played a game midweek, they got tired faster. We weren't outplayed like at Camp Nou, but still not the best this team can offer.

He never had five crucial saves. Unless you are just counting anything on target and when he cut out the cross.

Barca had as many good chances in first half. Actually had better chances.

Atletico did tire in second half but this was still a much much improved performance with things to work on.

F

FlaFCB

He never had five crucial saves. Unless you are just counting anything on target and when he cut out the cross.

Barca had as many good chances in first half. Actually had better chances.

Atletico did tire in second half but this was still a much much improved performance with things to work on.

Saving that cross wasn't crucial? It was a goal if it went past him. Barça's chances weren't better. Our first goal was lucky too.

JamDav1982

Saving that cross wasn't crucial? It was a goal if it went past him. Barça's chances weren't better. Our first goal was lucky too.

It was and he read it brilliantly.

That and one other great save first halft. Oblak had three very good saves and Messi as well as Suarez put two over the bar when in positions Atleti hit the target.

Barca chances were better for me.

JamDav1982

We still played like shit.

Dont agree.

There was a spell in first half where they got a lot of balls forward early that caused concern but after the first thirty minutes or so Barca were better side and overall an improvement on recent weeks against one of best sides in world away from home on a shit pitch.

Not perfect at all but good enough to win today.

FC B

Barca played a decent game by putting a serios collective and individual effort but still tactics were as poor as before. I also don't thnik they'll mentain this kind of motivation agains poorer sides so the issues remain.

BarcaOG

Banned
sure, it wasnt an ideal performance. but we got an important win and, crucially, it was a set piece that led to Atleti's goal. that at least a good sign.

Barcilliant

It is basically March and Lucho still doesn't know his best formation or players.

In 2015 Lucho finally settled on a playing Eleven and the rest is history. He continues to tinker here and puts Raineri and Benitez to shame.

I think it's a combination of many factors that have made us so disjointed. Iniesta is past his prime, Busquets out of form for ages, Roberto is no RB and the other young midfielders are mediocre. Combine this with Luchos hare brained rotation and tactics and we simply haven't been able to develop any momentum or confidence whatsoever.

xXKonan

I felt like there was improvement. While it's true it's still a far cry from this team's best I felt like today however it was better than what we have been experiencing for a long time now. Still a lot of work to do but I hope Lucho at least persists with this formation more often and let the players get more and more accustom to it.

kilian

[Tw]835912684491005953[/tw]

Still a mess. We were lucky mats made so many crucial saves.

Does anyone remember a team even remotely similar to this? Gk having ball at his feet like he is a deep lying playmaker, central midfielders acting like wingers, leaving the middle of the pitch empty. Really weird.

And this passing and position network really shows how it is, because you see it during the match that our game is completely based on the flanks. Almost no passing in the middle. Who plays like that, ffs.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Does anyone remember a team even remotely similar to this? Gk having ball at his feet like he is a deep lying playmaker, central midfielders acting like wingers, leaving the middle of the pitch empty. Really weird.

And this passing and position network really shows how it is, because you see it during the match that our game is completely based on the flanks. Almost no passing in the middle. Who plays like that, ffs.

Lucho modeled it after English teams from the 60s. Boot the ball and play to the flank. Only there's no final piece - crossing to box.

kilian

No worries. We`ll buy Fellaini for headers and then just pump the ball into the box. Sergi Roberto 20 assists incoming.

behindbrowneyes

We were lucky that Atlético didn't score some of the chances while they dominated us. It was a bit like PSG dominated us with the difference that MAtS was in god mode and Atlético was once again very lousy with turning their chances into goals.

We won the game more or less with Real Madrid-tactics. Shit tactics with a mentally strong team. Not that I suppose us to be very self-confident atm, which we are not. It is just because that the team believes again in winning La Liga since Madrid lost vs Valencia. It is not that they believe in Lucho again, it is more that they are in the same boat with him.

Apart from this, I don't consider this 3-4-3 to be bad. We have no RB but suitable CBs for a 3-4-3 so I get the idea behind this formation. We got ripped by top-tier teams on our right-side all the time since playing Bob as RB. Although having one more player on the right side in midfield Atlético and especially Filipe Luis still managed to hurt us there. Despite having one more player in midfield our midfield was once again very poor. These 4 were not a factor offensively and this wouldn't change with 5 either. We won't fix our problem in midfield with Lucho.

Still, playing 3-4-3 we need a player who forces the opposing left back to stay behind more instead of having fun in our half. Gomes could suit this role very possibly. Allowing him to play more offensively, making longer runs on the right side instead of losing balls in a very tight midfield. I'm not talking about opponents who park the bus, I'm talking about better teams who like to attack like Madrid where Marcelo is more or less their playmaker. I know, it is hard to claim a player who has performed bad, but I truly think that Gomes could succeed in such a role.

Home of Barca Fans