Luis Enrique

Neymessi

Every time we conceede a goal he is always looking at the assistant coach covering his mouth and talking something. WTF he talks about?

MIXA

Every time we conceede a goal he is always looking at the assistant coach covering his mouth and talking something. WTF he talks about?

"Unzue, did you update the rotations app? I asked you to update the app. Why are the rotations not working?! I think it's time to switch to Android."

Messi983

I don't like it either, but Lucho shouldn't try to make it sound like we're playing great. Acknowledge that we're not doing well, that the team is not doing well and that HE HIMSELF is not doing well. Those fans pay a lot to watch the games in a not very economically stable time in Catalunya and Spain. The least Lucho can do is to man up and say it as it is. I think people would be far less annoyed if he did that.

Maybe I've missed something but where/when did he say we played great or at least good. Only thing I've read is that this win will get us some confidence back which I think it's true. No matter how bad we looked it's always better for team morale if you win after a hard loss.

I would like for a reporter to ask him 1 simple question.

What reason do you have to rotate the team given

1. We are basically out of the CL
2. We are already in the cup final
3. We are almost out of the league
4. The players needed a moral boosting Victory
5. It's the middle of February! All the rotating was before now was go ensure we could play our best xi for the business end of the season

What heavy rotations are you talking about? Busquets was suspended because we wanted to have him for Atletico game next week. Pique was on the bench for the same reason. Iniesta is probably not 100% fit yet after injury and well, if we can't win at home against Leganes without him then it's something really wrong. He was constantly rotating Alba and Digne before and the Frenchman always looked at least solid. I don't think it would make much difference yesterday if Alba started ahead of Digne anyway.

So considering all those factors I don't think Lucho really over-rotated himself yesterday like he did in some other games before. It's just that team morale and confidence is on a very low level after PSG game and it showed yesterday. On a bright side I think struggling to win yesterday could acutally help us longterm better than if we'd crush Leganes so players would think everything is ok again. Now they know they'll have to work harder to win even against bottom table teams let alone against top teams like Atletico next week.

Yes, we can blame Lucho for many things but players also have their responsibilites. And I want Lucho gone after season too (because let's be real, we won't sack him before that) but I will continue to support him and team until we have at least small chances to win anything this season.

Horatio

You're welcome
No matter how bad we looked it's always better for team morale if you win after a hard loss.

In most cases I would agree with you but I don't think this victory will do the team morale any good. I expect the expectations of the players after that hard loss were that they would go all out and win comfortably to redeem the previous loss. But when they don't even manage to do that(even though they won), it can act as affirmation that they are really in bad shape and will effect the motivation in a really bad way.

Devils

Lucho's man management quality y'all.

[tw]833645835338539008[/tw]

[tw]833647027552735232[/tw]

[tw]833647164890963969[/tw]

[tw]833648054406377472[/tw]

Messi983

In most cases I would agree with you but I don't think this victory will do the team morale any good. I expect the expectations of the players after that hard loss were that they would go all out and win comfortably to redeem the previous loss. But when they don't even manage to do that(even though they won), it can act as affirmation that they are really in bad shape and will effect the motivation in a really bad way.

Of course we can look at this from different perspectives and probably both can be right. Different teams will react different in those circumstances, we don't know yet how we'll react but we'll see next week at Calderon.

But from a pure psychologycal perspective I still believe that any win will have a better/positive effect than a draw or loss, no matter what your expectations were before the game started. Of course Messi's reaction after penalty showed that he (and most likely whole team) wasn't happy with just a win but after they've overslept this game I think they'll all be more pleased today that at least we got the expected win and didn't lose another 2 points at home.

What I think would crush team morale more would be if we'd played great but couldn't execute our chances and then fail to win. But if you can get a win even after playing well below your normal/expected level then I think this will give you positive influence that you obviously need after a hard loss.

jamrock

Wins are irrelevant right now, as seen by Messi's reaction and comments coming from the team

The players want to feel like they are playing proper football again, they are slowly realizing that Luis tactic of no midfield is a heap of you know what

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I think Alves is talking about the board, but Lucho certainly could have kept him if he wanted to. He demanded Aleix to be signed as Dani's replacement ---> Sends Aleix to the stands for months and doesn't sign a new RB

F

FlaFCB

I would like for a reporter to ask him 1 simple question.

What reason do you have to rotate the team given

1. We are basically out of the CL
2. We are already in the cup final
3. We are almost out of the league
4. The players needed a moral boosting Victory
5. It's the middle of February! All the rotating was before now was go ensure we could play our best xi for the business end of the season

Also, the players look tired.

Lucho's man management quality y'all.

[tw]833645835338539008[/tw]

[tw]833647027552735232[/tw]

[tw]833647164890963969[/tw]

[tw]833648054406377472[/tw]

This is disgraceful. But we all know it's been like that for a while. Look at how the board talk about Messi's renewal. Says it all.

Devils

I think Alves is talking about the board, but Lucho certainly could have kept him if he wanted to. He demanded Aleix to be signed as Dani's replacement ---> Sends Aleix to the stands for months and doesn't sign a new RB

I really believe it is Lucho who calls the shots on the team.

The board are obviously idiots who know very little in regards to football and they trust Lucho to keep the team afloat. Why else would they agree to sign every player that Lucho demanded? We've spent astronomical amounts of money during Lucho's tenure here.

The way that I see it, the board isn't going to incentivize the contract renewal of a player who Lucho doesn't value. Dani fell into that category.

I'd be very surprised if Lucho had actually gone to the board and demanded to keep Dani and they rejected it. It was more likely that Lucho just said whatever and left Dani out in the cold.

Nevertheless, these Dani comments are shocking and they have immense negative impact on Barca's image. No club legend should be treated in such a terrible way. Even Iker never had negative comments like this towards Madrid.

Last edited:
F

FlaFCB

I really believe it is Lucho who calls the shots on the team.

The board are obviously idiots who know very little in regards to football and they trust Lucho to keep the team afloat. Why else would they agree to sign every player that Lucho demanded? We've spent astronomical amounts of money during Lucho's tenure here.

The way that I see it, the board isn't going to incentivize the contract renewal of a player who Lucho doesn't value. Dani fell into that category.

I'd be very surprised if Lucho had actually gone to the board and demanded to keep Dani and they rejected it. It was more likely that Lucho just said whatever and left Dani out in the cold.

Nevertheless, these Dani comments are shocking and they have immense negative impact on Barca's image. No club legend should be treated in such a terrible way. Even Iker never had negative comments like this towards Madrid.

Given the way he treated Vidal, Montoya and others, that wouldn't really be surprising.

JamDav1982

Lucho has a massive air of arrogance about him and others like Bojan Krkic have commented in past about his lack of understanding with players.

More than that though it seems the tactics the players are fed up with his tactics. Just look at Busi comments after PSG game.

No freedom for midfield to go and try and dominate the game. Not enough quality out from back or options for them and a front three that looks like they dont believe the midfielders or the system can provide much for them and almost play as their own unit.

An arrogant manager who is poor at communicating becomes a much bigger issue if the players are unhappy on the pitch.

Home of Barca Fans