Luis Enrique

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I'm not sure we have enough money and the board has enough sense to have the changes we need in the summer.

We need a new coach but I don't know if there is any good option out there

We need a right back but I don't see any options out there

We need to sell arda, gomes etc but they are on long term deals and are arrogant counts who will happily rot the bench and pick up cash

We need to start thinking about replacing the core of the team (guys like iniesta, pique and even suarez, messi) as they are on the wrong side of 30 at the end of the season

Also I don't know if umtiti is the long term solution at centre back

Last edited:

opjeoff

I'm not sure we have enough money and the board has enough sense to have the changes we need in the summer.

We need a new coach but I don't know if there is any good option out there

We need a right back but I don't see any options out there

We need to sell arda, gomes etc but they are on long term deals and are arrogant counts who will happily rot the bench and pick up cash

We need to start thinking about replacing the core of the team (guys like iniesta, pique and even suarez, messi) as they are on the wrong side of 30 at the end of the season

Also I don't know if umtiti is the long term solution at centre back

We dont need to sell Gomes or Umtiti, they've been here for half a year and you already want to ship them out? Gomes has soon potential and Umtiti had his worst game for us yesterday, he's still good enough. We've already spent plenty of money, we dont need to spend more, too many players would unbalance the team. All we need is a really good manager and one or two signings.

opjeoff

Long shot but I see a few people suggesting Sarri from Napoli to be our new coach. What do you guys think?

Does he fit our style? He's a break from the norm, much like Tata aswell. However, on the other hand, he is quite good tactically it seems. Also, I think he would be a good option for about the same time as Lucho before his personality and identity of football starts to collide with the clubs.

I'd go for Sarri.

But I have to say that Barcelona must accept not being in the top three teams in Europe for the next 5 years. Reason being, you don't just throw out players like Busquets and Iniesta and Messi, even if its quite clear that they are not fully motivated.

xavi_the_Boss

Any more details about his 'spat' with that journalist? Seems hard to believe he'd actually almost hit him. Any official reports? i.e. other than twitter.

Seems like it didn´t happen.So she pretty much just made all that up to have a Story...

Last edited:

BBZ8800

For a man that prioritizes health and fitness a lot where was this yesterday? We got beaten not only on tactics but beaten on the Physical and fitness aspect. they out ran us, they out muscled us and we looked absolutely dead.

Look at our 6 playmakers (3 midfielders and 3 forwards):
1. Messi, tired, played 13 matches in the last 40 days, 12 times 90 minutes. Played 90 minutes 3 days ago in a 6:0 win, lol
2. Suarez, played all the time
3. Neymar, also (that's the beauty of MSN, they want to play all the time and they are not at 100% in key knockout matches).
4. Iniesta, at the verge of retirement and just returned from an injury
5. Gomes, a turtle, still learning movement of our team
6. Busi, a turtle, plus returned from an injury

Teams like Raeal, Bayern, Psg, Chelsea have midfielders who are both strong and technically good.
We?
We always relied on short midfielders blessed with technique (Xavi-Iniesta).
The problem is that Xavi is gone, Iniesta is almost gone, and our midfield is still physically way weaker than midfield lines from our opponents.

So, our current midfield isn't too technically gifted.
And yet, they aren't physically strong either.
Iniesta is physically weak and old.
Busi is tall, but weak and slow.
Raki is the slowest player in our team.
Gomes is the 2nd slowest player in our team.

In the past, our midfield was physically weak, but we were Goats in a technical area.
Currently we are still poor in a physical area and technically we are poor to average also.

As the article which Flavia posted said: this team is mess tactically, physically and emotionally.

Lucho is guilty for a lot of things, but a lot can also be said about technical, physical skills and current emotional/motivational levels of our team.

Last edited:

Diogo28

We dont need to play as Pep used to play, we need a gameplan and we simply dont have one. Our goal kicks were more threatening to us than a corner and that shows bad preparation and lack of a plan. They knew who and how to press when we regaind the ball and we didnt know how to keep it apart from the times were somehow we did pass their defensive line and passively started playing between the CBs.

BBZ8800

A user commented in a CL topic, but I will reply here since it is more suitable here, imo:
PSG didn't smash us, they are barely any good in ligue 1. we simply played the worst game by a top team that i've seen in the last few years. only game that comes close is rafa's real v us in that 0-4 loss. remember those pics circling around of gaping holes in madrid's midfield? yeah we outdid that.

That's an alibi.
If you think that yesterday was just a bad match that happens once in 10 years.

If we will get through, we will lose again 4:0 by Bayern or Real easily.

About a worst match from a top team:
Barca during Tito vs Bayern=a horror show
Barca during Tata vs Atletico=a comedy, we couldn't create a shot or score a goal even if match would last 2000 minutes
Barca during Lucho vs Atletico=a horror show again
Barca during Lucho vs Psg=a new level of horror show

When you look at Barca after Pep, in 4 out of 5 CL campaign's we more or less lost in the same way: we were utterly horrible, without an ability to create a shot. Bayern, almost no shots. Atletico both times, we couldn't create anything in 11 vs 11. Psg yesterday, it was like 10:1 in shots, right?
We were outran all 4 times and each time it looked as if the opponents are: stronger than us, faster than us, have more stamina.
Our "technique" couldn't do anything against teams who ran more (and smarter) than us.

We had one good in 5 seasons (2014/15).
For example, I wouldn't say that we were much worse yesterday than against Atletico in 2013 or 2016.
The only difference is that PSG knew how to score a few goals.

About users who say that we don't need an overhaul, when you dig deeper into stats, it seems that our CL form in the last 5 years was very poor.
Considering that we had Messi in those 5 seasons, Neymar in 4 seasons and MSN in 3 seasons.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

A user commented in a CL topic, but I will reply here since it is more suitable here, imo:

That's an alibi.

Barca during Tata vs Atletico=a comedy, we couldn't create a shot or score a goal even if match would last 2000 minutes

When you look at Barca after Pep, in 4 out of 5 CL campaign's we more or less lost in the same way: we were utterly horrible, without an ability to create a shot. Bayern, almost no shots. Atletico both times, we couldn't create anything in 11 vs 11. Psg yesterday, it was like 10:1 in shots, right?
We were outran all 4 times and each time it looked as if the opponents are: stronger than us, faster than us, have more stamina.
Our "technique" couldn't do anything against teams who ran more (and smarter) than us.

For example, I wouldn't say that we were much worse yesterday than against Atletico in 2013 or 2016.

About users who say that we don't need an overhaul, when you dig deeper into stats, it seems that our CL form in the last 5 years was very poor.
Considering that we had Messi in those 5 seasons, Neymar in 4 seasons and MSN in 3 seasons.

well both results wise and performance wise, the only direct comparison to the 4-0 from yesterday is 4-0 v bayern. the two atletico ties, yes we didn't create much, but it's not we were played out the park. it was a dogged affair both times. now with regards to the PSG game v bayern's. versus bayern, we actually had control of the ball, and played like some semblence of the barca side that people know us to be. but messi wasn't fully fit and bayern were a football machine that season and bullied us in midfield and hit us on the counters. versus PSG, we basically didn't play football, couldn't pass 5 yards to save our lives, had non existent pressing and if you look at the one of the heat maps a person posted, the right side was completely absent and the midfielders were all along a horizontal line. that's why i'm hesistant to credit PSG too much, sure they should be credited for the clear win but i don't buy into them being a genuine top side.

opjeoff

That's an alibi.

Lucho's record vs Atletico has been pretty amazing to be honest. I agree with everything you've said though.

Home of Barca Fans