Luis Enrique

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
That's because Barca are more reactive than proactive.

Always waiting for a disaster to happen before changing something.

raki

That's a great cover from Sport. It couldn't be anymore true.

We've abandoned all the great ideologies and values Johan instilled upon this club. He'd be disgusted if he saw he score today and he'd be even more disgusted if he saw how we played today.

94 CL Final? 4.0

opjeoff

Busquets was asked about what happened, he answered truthfully. Pique was asked about it earlier this season, he answered truthfully. The press asked Lucho about us not playing well earlier this season, he kept coming up with excuses and rejected that belief. He refused to see what the players, the press and many of the fans saw.

Do you think the players should carry the blame when they seem to have been concerned with the tactics and match preparation all season? It might make it worse, but eventually frustration gets you. Players are blamed for a lot, but they cannot be blamed for lack of proper preparation and tactics. They cannot be blamed for not having been the right tools to play at their ultimate best as a team.

The manager/coaching position in football is vital. You can have a great team and a bad coach and get bad results.

Nothing wrong with the media blaming the manager for a tactical fuck-up but when its the players who are instigating thats when there is a problem. My problem is that he made it seem like it was solely the tactics fault while he was utter shit out there. Tactics doesnt stop you from remembering basic defensive skills which he lacked out there today. As a player, you should be critical of yourself before the manager. If you have a problem with tactics, do it privately and sort it out, doing it publicly places the manager in a terrible position and after the fuck-up he had today, it didnt help.

But this just depends on how you view Lucho, doesnt matter if he turned into Gandhi, there are people here who would still see wrong in his actions.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
That's because Barca are more reactive than proactive.

Always waiting for a disaster to happen before changing something.

I understand, but that didn't happen with Tata who was questioned since day one, even if the results were decent until we finally imploded... What bothers me is that they're both guilty of the same crime, with the added bonus that at least Tata knew what he wanted, but with Lucho I don't really know what he's trying to accomplish...

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I understand, but that didn't happen with Tata who was questioned since day one, even if the results were decent until we finally imploded... What bothers me is that they're both guilty of the same crime, with the added bonus that at least Tata knew what he wanted, but with Lucho I don't really know what he's trying to accomplish...

Tata was an outsider. Lucho is a Barca great so the media will always be more lenient when it comes to him. He was criticized heavily after his scuffle with Messi and Moyes beat us, but after winning those trophies they've given him the benefit of doubt. I guess the most prominent journalists believed he could turn it around like he did in 2014-15, but this time the issues just run deeper.

Nothing wrong with the media blaming the manager for a tactical fuck-up but when its the players who are instigating thats when there is a problem. My problem is that he made it seem like it was solely the tactics fault while he was utter shit out there. Tactics doesnt stop you from remembering basic defensive skills which he lacked out there today. As a player, you should be critical of yourself before the manager. If you have a problem with tactics, do it privately and sort it out, doing it publicly places the manager in a terrible position and after the fuck-up he had today, it didnt help.

But this just depends on how you view Lucho, doesnt matter if he turned into Gandhi, there are people here who would still see wrong in his actions.

I understand what you're saying and that he could be diplomatic about it, but isn't that what many people detest? That players, coaches and others don't give proper answers? That they're very diplomatic, politically correct about many things?

We've played bad the entire season and the players have taken a big share of the blame from the press, sometimes frustration just gets you and if the coach just isn't willing to listen or change then the players just give up on him and you see these sorts of statements. This one was actually true though and speaks volumes about how Lucho went from saying he knew PSG were going to pressure us to probably preparing the team for a PSG parking the bus which they never do.

Last edited:

opjeoff

If we get rid of him, who do we replace him with? I think we should change manager only if the next one will actually make a difference. it shouldnt be done to get rid of lucho but to help the team.

F

FlaFCB

Busi didn't say the problem was only tactical.

[tw]831622830613737472[/tw]

If we get rid of him, who do we replace him with? I think we should change manager only if the next one will actually make a difference. it shouldnt be done to get rid of lucho but to help the team.

Right now? Unzue takes over. Any change would do good for this squad.

In the summer, Sampaoli would be great, but it will be Valverde or Koeman.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Getting rid of Lucho is helping the team on it's own... You can call players unprofessional all you want, but it's clear they're not happy working with him, so there's that...

bismp

Busi didn't say the problem was only tactical.

[tw]831622830613737472[/tw]

Right now? Unzue takes over. Any change would do good for this squad.

In the summer, Sampaoli would be great, but it will be Valverde or Koeman.

Valverde is a good coach imo

BBZ8800

Sport says that players gave up on Lucho.
They are angry for some time and they are playing without motivation because of Lucho.
The anger exploded after tonight's defeat since now both La liga and a CL are lost.
Also, the locker room knows that Lucho will leave at the end of a season, so to some extent that is also causing problems.
Lucho wants to hand his job to Unzue next season :/

Sport:
http://www.sport-english.com/en/news/barca/cope-barcelona-dressing-room-has-given-luis-enrique-5838584

The painful 4-0 defeat Barcelona suffered in Paris seems to have provoked a 'before and after' in the relationship between the players and coach Luis Enrique.

According to El Partidazo de COPE radio show, the players think the Asturian is incapable of changing the current situation and, on top of that, are convinced that Luis Enrique will leave at the end of the present season.

According to COPE the disillusionment the players feel with Lucho multiplied after the PSG defeat but it started long ago. It seems key players are unmotivated by how the team are doing and don't think the coach is capable of finding solutions to fix the situation - fine in the Copa, but critical in La Liga and almost certainly done for in the Champions League.

Recall that SPORT already reported that the dressing room thinks Luis Enrique will leave that the end of the season and that his assistant Unzue is who he wants to take over.

Home of Barca Fans