Luis Enrique

Horatio

You're welcome
post about pass

Messi still does those passes, just not as frequently and chances created are not finished by fellow players as much.

FlaFCB posted a twitter post stating only ~5% of chances created by Messi get converted.

Was the same last season. A shitton of Messi's trademark diagonal cross were bottled/not finished.

He barely ever attempts it anymore as there is no space to run into at the left flank.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I made a mistake by calling Lucho pragmatist.
Any reasonable coach would mix things up by now.
He is just too stubborn.

Horatio

You're welcome
I made a mistake

giphy.gif

xXKonan

I made a mistake by calling Lucho pragmatist.
Any reasonable coach would mix things up by now.
He is just too stubborn.
Lucho is one of those guys who sticks to his guns no matter how much criticism he gets. and he would rather die on that hill than change it.

What I'm surprised is that you don't hear any rumors of the Captains being bothered by the system. MD posted article a couple of days ago on how Messi,Iniesta,Busi,Masche will respect Lucho's decision if he wants to stay or leave.

Horatio

You're welcome
What I'm surprised is that you don't hear any rumors of the Captains being bothered by the system. MD posted article a couple of days ago on how Messi,Iniesta,Busi,Masche will respect Lucho's decision if he wants to stay or leave.

Those questions are rhetorical though. It's not like any of those players when asked about it would say 'I want Lucho to leave'.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
That article was just a small hint by the board, that they think Lucho will leave at the end of the season and take a sabbatical.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Lucho is one of those guys who sticks to his guns no matter how much criticism he gets. and he would rather die on that hill than change it.

That's because they are "choir boys".

giphy.gif

Galning

I personally don't think he will continue, just a feeling. I also wouldn't mind a new coach as it seems like the performances have been getting worse the longer he stays.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Pique, Mascherano out, Lucho doesnt bring a defender from B team but picks Alena.
Alright, Alena is here. We are 6 up and Lucho decides to bring in Roberto for Gomes :facepalm:
Yeah, rest Gomes while MSN is on.

Sorry, I am not fooled by 0-6 at all. It's pretty much all down to the team and Messi. Lucho is lost.

Mido

Everyone now has an opinion, everyone is a tactical expert, everyone knows better yet nobody is qualified to do the job and ,very probably, nobody in this forum will ever train a top team (unless someone is hiding here lol)

The current situation seems to be a natural consequence of changes we encouraged two seasons ago and we have to deal with it.

I am really asking myself if some critics are genuine o if it is just their egos that are hurt because the results contradict their complaints.

Unlike us, Lucho has clear ideas that he tries to implement. And I think he does a great job considering the players he has. And hopefully we'll start to see the end results of this season's work.

#extremeingratitude

F

FlaFCB

Everyone now has an opinion, everyone is a tactical expert, everyone knows better yet nobody is qualified to do the job and ,very probably, nobody in this forum will ever train a top team (unless someone is hiding here lol)

The current situation seems to be a natural consequence of changes we encouraged two seasons ago and we have to deal with it.

I am really asking myself if some critics are genuine o if it is just their egos that are hurt because the results contradict their complaints.

Unlike us, Lucho has clear ideas that he tries to implement. And I think he does a great job considering the players he has. And hopefully we'll start to see the end results of this season's work.

#extremeingratitude

Maybe you're mistaken about where you are, but this is a forum. The purpose is the exchange of ideas and opinions. If you're bothered by those that are different to yours, maybe you're in the wrong place. Just saying, because for some, like you, criticizing the basics of this place has become a trend.

People can and will have an opinion. Unlike you, I don't see any clear ideas coming from Lucho. And the purpose here is to discuss ideas, not the users.

Home of Barca Fans