Luis Enrique

Neymessi

He would have to resign now, or not renew. If it's up to this shitty board, he'll stay.

This board is shitty, but no board would ever fire him,maybe not even RM. He deserves to get fired though, but after those trophies he just can't be sacked.

Best case scenario is the board saying officially to let him continue but silently pressurize lucho behind curtains to resign himself rather than making it ugly for everyone.

F

FlaFCB

This board is shitty, but no board would ever fire him,maybe not even RM. He deserves to get fired though, but after those trophies he just can't be sacked.

Best case scenario is the board saying officially to let him continue but silently pressurize lucho behind curtains to resign himself rather than making it ugly for everyone.

Floper fire people all the time. He fired ancelotti for way less. Best scenario is enrique realizing his time is over by himself. But he'll probably see out his contract, that ends this June.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
With the League as good as gone unless Real Madrid choke and collapse, I hope Lucho can stop his stupid experiments and go full throttle for the last two competitions we're in.

xavi_the_Boss

Floper fire people all the time. He fired ancelotti for way less. Best scenario is enrique realizing his time is over by himself. But he'll probably see out his contract, that ends this June.

How?
They ended up not winning anything in his 2nd season besides CWC.

Altomonte

What is quite disturbing is our sloppy defending of set pieces. You have to blame the Coach for letting RM equalize or letting Betis score such a simple goal, with both defenders and Suarez watching. There is no excuse for conceding such a goal. As to the rest of the season, we still have a chance to win the CDR and to do well in the CL. We still have a very strong attack if Neymar starts converting all the 1on1 chances he regularly seems to miss. Can't he practice those situations?

xXKonan

Lucho's downfall comes down to his own system he created.

What worked during the second half of the treble season and the first half of the Spanish double was no longer working as of 2016. It was a flawed system to begin with as Lucho sacrificed the midfield which was considered the strongest aspect of Barcelona and had the creativity duties come down to Alba-MSN-Alves for the most part.

This season he tried to use Mats as an additional creative outlet which was apparent in the Bilbao match in the earliest part of the season while we sat back and Umtiti and Pique were clearly instructed to pass to Mats where he can boot it up field to break Bilbao's high press and create a counter attack opportunity for Arda, Suarez and Messi.

The use of long balls by Umtiti, Masche and Pique to try and create chances for MSN/Arda as well. while he tried to evolve his system in a couple of areas he still refused to address the glaring problem and that was the Midfield.

I'm convinced even he doesn't know what he's got and what to do to bring out the best in guys like Gomes,Rafinha,Denis,Rakitic etc. He's having them all play the same Generic role. aka pass it to MSN as quick as possible and play as makeshift Fullbacks so Alba-Roberto-Vidal-Alves move forward and do the attacking.

Perhaps I'm stubborn but I'm waiting for a new coach to implement new ideas and to see how guys like Gomes,Denis etc would perform in a different system before throwing them to the wolves this early.

khaled_a_d

Lucho's downfall comes down to his own system he created.

What worked during the second half of the treble season and the first half of the Spanish double was no longer working as of 2016. It was a flawed system to begin with as Lucho sacrificed the midfield which was considered the strongest aspect of Barcelona and had the creativity duties come down to Alba-MSN-Alves for the most part.

I don't agree that it was flawed system tbh,our midfield in the treble season was one of the best in Europe but after years of people getting obsessed with Pep type of midfield they thought it this way. What Iniesta,Rakitic & Busquets were doing was amazing and they didn't get half of the credit they deserve while playing in the shadow of MSN.
In fact I would say it is the gap in quality of midfielders in the triple season and now is the reason of what we are seeing.
Iniesta is aging and injured now and Busquets hasn't been in top form,no one other proved himself as a sort of play maker midfielder even like 35 years (and well rested) Xavi
The result is Argentinian NT type of midfield,that fails to get ball to their attack against stronger teams,all what coach has to do is to isolate midfielder from attack and they destroy us.

George_Costanza

breakingbadburied8_copy.jpg

F

FlaFCB

I don't agree that it was flawed system tbh,our midfield in the treble season was one of the best in Europe but after years of people getting obsessed with Pep type of midfield they thought it this way. What Iniesta,Rakitic & Busquets were doing was amazing and they didn't get half of the credit they deserve while playing in the shadow of MSN.

He changed that system after Xavi left. He began implementing his ideas in the 15-16 season, and the midfield deteriorated progressively, until the point in which they're now.

Home of Barca Fans