Luis Enrique

Total-Football

If anyone has stats from the match, my commentator said that they killed on us possession (before minute 80), and that in one moment during a 2nd half, Betis ran 5 Kms more than Barca.

Commentator said that such numbers usually come when one team is playing with 11 vs 10 players.

But we played with 11 vs 11 and ran like shit.
(MSN dead tired after Cdr, Rakitic can't run, Arda can't run).

That's probably those 5 kms less.

Atletico outrun us by 10 km when they played us in the champions league ,does that make it 9 vs 11 ?:lucho:

serghei

Then he's sending a bad message to the team and disrespecting all the fans who come to the Camp Nou every game to support the team. That's a sackable offense. Giving up when we have some sort of momentum and Real Madrid are struggling? At this rate we'll end 3rd behind Sevilla.

Prioritizing doesn't mean giving up. We don't depend on ourselves in the league, but have 3 games to win the Copa going into the Atletico game. It's becoming increasingly difficult to catch Madrid and the refs.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Prioritizing doesn't mean giving up. We don't depend on ourselves in the league, but have 3 games to win the Copa going into the Atletico game. It's becoming increasingly difficult to catch Madrid and the refs.

Prioritizing the CDR ahead of the League is almost close to giving up.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Well, I'd rather take the CDR than nothing.

Obviously the same here, but I don't think it's that difficult to be a bit smart about it as it just seem to be so random right now. Lucho could have rested more players against Sociedad at home if he wanted to keep some of the players fresh for the Copa games.

More than anything we still can't seem to put up two good performances in a row. That's very disappointing and the coach has to take some responsibility too.

serghei

Obviously the same here, but I don't think it's that difficult to be a bit smart about it as it just seem to be so random right now. Lucho could have rested more players against Sociedad at home if he wanted to keep some of the players fresh for the Copa games.

We could have risked going out to Sociedad. The first game lead wasn't big enough. We could have lost the game just like Madrid lost at home to Celta.

F

FlaFCB

[tw]825692097328058369[/tw]

"Positive" :lol:

Also, they were better for 80 minutes, not half an hour.

Sorin

[tw]825692097328058369[/tw]

"Positive" :lol:

Also, they were better for 80 minutes, not half an hour.

Is there a more deluded man than Luis Enrique? He's approaching Mourinho level of denial.

I'm beginning to dislike like him.

Total-Football

The best and most effective way of resting players is moderate rotation. This masterplan of throwing a Frankeinsten monster team every 3 days is not a strategy, it's extream randomness. Guardiola created -arguibly- the best team of all time because he established dynamics between the lines, Jupp Heincks did the exact same thing with inferior players ( so no doesn't have to be xavi iniesta or nothing) , we see 5 to 6 new faces everymatch eliminating any possibility of harmony. If we win laliga come the end of the season, it would have been a massive fail by real Madrid and nothing else. we already dropped enough points.

we are oversaturated with players. This is called overquality in management, and it's as bad as lacking quality, i may dare saying getting rid of some players should be a priority in our next merkato before even thinking of recruiting.

I used to think Lucho deserved a lot of credit for turning things around in 2014 2015, and into 2015-2016, but it's becoming more and more evident that he had little to do with it.

BBZ8800

Atletico outrun us by 10 km when they played us in the champions league ,does that make it 9 vs 11 ?:lucho:

In 2016?

I wanted to write: well, we lost in a CL without a bullet, but at least we saved the energy for CDR and won that "trophy" :facepalm:

I will try not to write about that crap anymore.
It sounds as trolling, but it is so stupid from Lucho.

This is NOT Pep's Barca.
We currently have only 3 attackers, MSN, who will be dead tired if you play them in 3 competitions, and we are in danger to lose key trophies La Liga and a CL because of that.
In midfield, we have more players, but none of them is playing well currently and Iniesta is out.

I have a feeling that if there were another, random, 5 trophies available (Trophy of Catalonia, Trophy of Southern part of Spain, Trophy of Barcelona and Monte Carlo etc), that Lucho would play MSN in every single game, 5 times a week if needed.

This guy just don't understand priorities.
He thinks that every game is as equally as important.
Or even worse, he doesn't look which competition are we playing next, he just looks at an opponent.

Just remember how he played with 6-7 new players against Alaves in La Liga, to "save" key players for "a mighty" Celtic at home in a CL :facepalm:

I can imagine this situation in Lucho's head:
Saturday in May: CL Final against let's say Porto (a weaker team)
And then 3 days later: CDR Final against RM.

I can seriously imagine Lucho resting 5-6 players in a CL final and playing Denis, Rafinha, Mathieu, Vidal, Arda, Digne, Vidal etc.
And then playing with all guns in a CDR Final BECAUSE he plays against Real Madrid, lol.

Lucho, it is NOT about the opponent, it is ABOUT a competition in which you play.

I mean, even this week, he played with Pique-Umtiti-Alba-Roberto against Sociedad in a 2nd game (and we won the 1st one already) at HOME.
And then, against Betis away, he plays with Mathieu (4th pick CB), 2nd pick Vidal and 2nd pick Digne.
Plus Denis-Arda-Rakitic midfield.

He really has no clue what match is more important and when/how to rotate players.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans