Luis Enrique

snowy

We should take heed of Sampaoli's Sevilla's amazing performance against Real Madrid last week-end. With an inferior but well disciplined and very versatile 11. they outplayed them and had possession. They seemed to be more dominant than Barca last Classico

Rotations would even make more sense and Barca would become less predictable with a more malleable system

Spot on m8

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
[formation=barca,6]
Ter Stegen
Mascherano-0-0-Busquets-0-0-Umtiti
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-Rakitic/Rafinha-0-0-0-Iniesta-0
Vidal-0-0-0-0-0-Alba
0-0-0-Messi-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-Suarez-0-0-0-Neymar-0
[/formation]

Might be very risky but could maybe pay off against teams such as Sociedad. And we may anyway go back to the 4-3-3 if things don't work out. Anyway I can hardly imagine if Barca can play worse than last time at Anoeta. There seems to be some wide spaces left in the midfield when Sociedad put on high pressure

Dude that is essentially our current 4-3-3 when attacking: Busi drops deep, fullbacks go forward and Messi occupies the middle. Formations are not rigid, 4-3-3 looks like 3-4-3 when attacking quite often.

Mido

Theirs the 4-2-3-1 but the only time I seen Iniesta recently in a double pivot was vs Leganés away when we used the 3-4-3, he did alright but he's 32 and it really limits his strengths.

Maybe a 4-1-4-1 like this? Messi with a free role and Vidal and Roberto covering up his lack of Defensive work rate.

E0ohcUb.png

Meh.

That's quite interesting but I highly doubt that Neymar would accept staying wide. When he doesn't bring his A-game , it can hurt us when he gets inside and plays "à la Messi". Turan is certainly not the player Neymar is, but he seems to be more effective. But let's stop the comparison there as it would be silly to go further into it.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I think it is pretty clear that Luis Enrique can't get much out of our players any more, or our players would not maximize their potential under Luis Enrique. Many of his decisions are head-scratching and even reckless, one may argue. And game after game, I saw individual brilliance bailing us out and carrying us forward, for the most part.

After the end of this season, regardless of the result, we need a change.

Last edited:

Total-Football

I hope this is the last time we execute that dumb "sacchi" off-side trap, we have used it way too many times and we took off its' element of surprise. Today a hilariously bad call from the sideline ref denied their theam a 90 % goal.

Mido

It seemed, in the last 15 minutes I watched from the first half, that there was a lot more to take when Iniesta was on the pitch.

I was quite surprised to see Iniesta getting subbed off. I think Lucho wanted to bring defensive stability but that may have cost us a second goal.

It's quite scary to see the decline in quality in midfield since 2014/2015. Something has to change against these types of opponents when Iniesta is not playing. Playing 30 minutes in a quarter/semi-final of the champions league without Iniesta, against a team such as Dortmund could be very tricky.

Being probably the number 1 supporter of Xavi and his mentality in this forum, I advocate a more vertical style. Stylistically, teams such as Dortmund can really hurt us if our midfield doesn't shine

As crazy as this might seem to be, I believe playing in a "reverse" triangle 4-3-3 without Iniesta and Busquets can bring more intensity :

[formation=barca,6]
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-Rakitic-0-0-0-Turan-0
0-0-0-Gomes-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
[/formation]

[formation=barca,6]
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-Gomes-0-0-0-Turan-0
0-0-0-Rafinha-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
[/formation]

Lucho should use every game against "smaller" teams as an opportunity to try to make adjustments. Psg won't be a walk in the park !

Mido

I would have wished to praise the team for its offensive performance but I must admit that , eventhough our passing game was weak for Barca's standards, the team delivered a solid defensive performance.

I have no clue of what can be done to improve the players' technique but Gomes might still be young enough to improve his passing game. I hope they have highly intensive technical training sessions.

We shouldn't write Rafinha off.

Turan should definitely be sub number 1 for MSN.

snowy

D-FENS did ok but these casual, reckless passes in the danger zone are fast becoming trademark Barca. Playin with fire ...
which might work since the 2017 is a Fire Rooster year! Maybe Lucho's been studying the charts :thinking:

off to กรุงเทพมหานคร, ciao ciao

Home of Barca Fans