0-0-0-PIQUE-0-0-0
MASCH-0-0-0-0-0-UMTITI
0-0-0-BUSI-0-0-0
0-G/R/R/D-0-0-0-INIESTA-0
0-0-0-MESSI-0-0-0
VIDAL-0-0-0-0-0-NEYMARDA
0-0-0-SUAREZ-0-0-0
[/formation]

I'd at least give this a try. It could fix the problem with the right side, Messi would roam free, and that could help fix Vidal's bad defending skills.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
So Lucho said Aleix Vidal is ready now.

Good.

Time for a huge comeback for the league title.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
http://www.espnfc.co.uk/barcelona/s...-luis-enrique-aleix-vidal-has-proved-me-wrong

"Based on the way he's trained for the last few months, Aleix is ready to play," Luis Enrique said in his postmatch news conference.

"He's proved his manager wrong and he's ready to compete. He was excellent today.

"With the exception of Jordi Masip, he's the player who's had the least minutes this season. Physically he's in great shape and that allows him to come in and play at such a high level."

xXKonan

That's good to hear that Vidal worked his ass off to get back into Lucho's favor.

I hope Lucho doesn't go back on his word and keeps leaving him out of the squad like he has been. I mean considering how dead our right hand side has been through out this season it's worth the risk playing Vidal more often for Sergi who while started off great but started to falter as the season went on.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I hope Sergi don't have the Cesc Fabregas syndrome.... coz we cannot rely on Vidal who's not good defensively, despite his work ethic or never-say-die attitude to win back the manager's trust

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
[formation=barca,9]
MAtS
0-0-0-PIQUE-0-0-0
MASCH-0-0-0-0-0-UMTITI
0-0-0-BUSI-0-0-0
0-G/R/R/D-0-0-0-INIESTA-0
0-0-0-MESSI-0-0-0
VIDAL-0-0-0-0-0-NEYMARDA
0-0-0-SUAREZ-0-0-0
[/formation]

I'd at least give this a try. It could fix the problem with the right side, Messi would roam free, and that could help fix Vidal's bad defending skills.

3-3-1-3 Bielsa style. Worth a shot. Sergi at this point is running on empty. Vidal would be great to give Sergi rest so he can get back to the heights he was showing earlier. Hell Vidal might even show that he can be a better RB for us than Sergi.

Mido

[formation=barca,6]
Ter Stegen
Mascherano-0-0-Busquets-0-0-Umtiti
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-Rakitic/Rafinha-0-0-0-Iniesta-0
Vidal-0-0-0-0-0-Alba
0-0-0-Messi-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-Suarez-0-0-0-Neymar-0
[/formation]

Might be very risky but could maybe pay off against teams such as Sociedad. And we may anyway go back to the 4-3-3 if things don't work out. Anyway I can hardly imagine if Barca can play worse than last time at Anoeta. There seems to be some wide spaces left in the midfield when Sociedad put on high pressure

Last edited:

xXKonan

Busi as a Sweeper/CB? Yeah that's not going to work he would get eaten alive.

For that to work you would have to have Pique in the Center of a 3 man Backline and have Busi play over Rakitic in a double Pivot with Iniesta. I doubt Lucho would bench him in this game. assuming you want to fit in Vidal.

Mido

Busi as a Sweeper/CB? Yeah that's not going to work he would get eaten alive.

For that to work you would have to have Pique in the Center of a 3 man Backline and have Busi play over Rakitic in a double Pivot with Iniesta. I doubt Lucho would bench him in this game. assuming you want to fit in Vidal.

Might be true what you are saying, but I can hardly imagine him performing well in a double pivot. And he is indeed crucial in big games imho.

One of our main objectives should be to make them pay their high pressure tactics and force them to either park the bus or concede lots of occasions.

Due to the intensity they can bring and the probable pitch conditions, we need a flexible system that allows us to adjust to the opponent's pressure.

Athletic Bilbao, Sociedad, and Atletico Madrid have succeeded, to some extent, to break Barca's construct in midfield. Imho we either have to go back and improve the good old golden style Guardiola has set, and that seems to be extremely hard with the current squad, or bring more tactical variety and play more vertically when needed.

I wouldn't be against the idea of trying to find an alternative " gala 11" for these special kinds of opponents. I remember last season there were phases when we made a real exhibition vs Bilbao. Now Barca is huffing and puffing against Bilbao.

Just my personal opinion, but I wouldn't be surprised if the likes of Rafinha, Gomes or even Vidal ascend significatively in the team's hierarchy

We should take heed of Sampaoli's Sevilla's amazing performance against Real Madrid last week-end. With an inferior but well disciplined and very versatile 11. they outplayed them and had possession. They seemed to be more dominant than Barca last Classico

Rotations would even make more sense and Barca would become less predictable with a more malleable system

https://youtu.be/nQdX0aSa7A4

Pure class what they're doing with their Squad

xXKonan

Theirs the 4-2-3-1 but the only time I seen Iniesta recently in a double pivot was vs Leganés away when we used the 3-4-3, he did alright but he's 32 and it really limits his strengths.

Maybe a 4-1-4-1 like this? Messi with a free role and Vidal and Roberto covering up his lack of Defensive work rate.

E0ohcUb.png

Meh.

Messi983

I think we could be exposed through the middle with that formation.

[formation=barca,6]
Ter Stegen
Mascherano-0-0-Busquets-0-0-Umtiti
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-Rakitic/Rafinha-0-0-0-Iniesta-0
Vidal-0-0-0-0-0-Alba
0-0-0-Messi-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-Suarez-0-0-0-Neymar-0
[/formation]

Might be very risky but could maybe pay off against teams such as Sociedad. And we may anyway go back to the 4-3-3 if things don't work out. Anyway I can hardly imagine if Barca can play worse than last time at Anoeta. There seems to be some wide spaces left in the midfield when Sociedad put on high pressure

Why would you play Busquets as CB instead of Pique?

https://youtu.be/nQdX0aSa7A4

Pure class what they're doing with their Squad

It would be interesting to see video analysis of different formations they used this season.

Home of Barca Fans