Luis Enrique

F

FlaFCB

I am not really visiting other "spanish teams" forums, i dont bother going to their matches or bother specifically watching their games. I do not have home filled with other spanish teams stuff as well. And there is a big difference if u support a foreign or local team, because if it is local team, there are far more things that make you connect to the club, the local community, historical backround, most of your friends and all that. For a Catalan, supporting Barca (or well other catalan clubs) means alot more than it means for a random dude somewhere, who just likes the club because it has Messi, or had Ronaldinho, or players like Stoichkov, Romario, Rivaldo or how the team played when they were kids.
So no, i am definitely a barca fan.

A Barça fan who doesn't mind rm win titles? It's a strange kind. Even more because that's one of the core reasons to like football, competitiviness. And people connect to clubs for various reasons. And there's nothing to preventing anyone from that, especially nowadays, when the whole world is connected.

Past? This isn't wenger whos past glory is 10 years ago. He won a double last season and a treble before that. Sacking a manager even for a trophyless season after that will be forgiven in any club maybe even RM. Not to mention the season isn't even over yet and every one wants his head here. People have absolutely lost their minds here. Sacking lucho for this is going to make us look classless. I don't really care what people think about barcelona but this would really be classless and stupid to sack him after what he has done.

Now don't mistake me and think that I think he is a great manager. I have always considered him an average coach even after his achievements unlike most here who thought he was really good when we won so much silverware. When he came here we played shit for 6 months and turned god mode in the next six winning the treble. Then we played in god mode for the first 6 months of the last season and turned average suddenly for the next 6 and have been nothing special for these last 6 months too. Amongst all this time he has been the coach so is he great or is he bad? He is just a non-factor in our game and sacking him won't do shit unless you get a really really good coach which is not necessarry we will find.

Simeone, a top manager undoubtedly has always been great for atletico but like us atletico is right now way worse than us in the league and atletico have performed subpar for the last 6 months so should simeone be sacked? I know simeone is a much bigger influence for atletico but still.

Ups and downs are part of every team. For all you know we can turn god mode again and win a treble from here.

Fans are fickle, you just can't sack him like that after all he has given us.

"He won". No, he didn't. The team did, and honestly, it wasn't because of him. Licho is a good fitness coach, but he is bad tactically. And the worst point for me isn't a possible trophyless season, but seeing this team, that on paper should be good, playing so badly. Same mistakes done every week. Everything Barça always took pride in, out the window and the new "no midfield" tactic.

He had time and money to sign players, spent a lot, and we now have arda, gomes, denis, paco, vidal. I don't care about atletico, only Barça. What they do, or don't, don't really interest me. And sure, ups and downs are part of football, but playing this badly for a year isn't something to overlook. We almost lost the league last season, after being 10 points clear. We were bailed on individual brilliance, not team play. If we were at least playing somewhat well, and not getting the results, I wouldn't be this mad.

LeeRomeno

How did we deserve points? Based on what? We again had shitty performance and we basicaly didn't create a single chance entire game. So no, we didn't deserve a win yesterday. We got what we deserved.

You obviously saw a different game then and by chances i mean situations where on most of occasions MSN would have scored like going into counters 3v3 etc, having a clear shot position, but instead almost missing the ball like Neymar and Iniesta and so on. You cannot blame the coach if players cannot finish what they have been quite capable of finishing in the past.

A Barça fan who doesn't mind rm win titles? It's a strange kind. Even more because that's one of the core reasons to like football, competitiviness. And people connect to clubs for various reasons. And there's nothing to preventing anyone from that, especially nowadays, when the whole world is connected.

"He won". No, he didn't. The team did, and honestly, it wasn't because of him. Licho is a good fitness coach, but he is bad tactically. And the worst point for me isn't a possible trophyless season, but seeing this team, that on paper should be good, playing so badly. Same mistakes done every week. Everything Barça always took pride in, out the window and the new "no midfield" tactic.

He had time and money to sign players, spent a lot, and we now have arda, gomes, denis, paco, vidal. I don't care about atletico, only Barça. What they do, or don't, don't really interest me. And sure, ups and downs are part of football, but playing this badly for a year isn't something to overlook. We almost lost the league last season, after being 10 points clear. We were bailed on individual brilliance, not team play. If we were at least playing somewhat well, and not getting the results, I wouldn't be this mad.

Sure, but as an Estonian it is really hard for me to find some sort of special connection to Catalan club and culture to start hating some club in the middle of Spain because of some history thing. And it is not correct to say i dont mind RM winning titles. Sure i do mind, i always mind if it is not Barcelona who wins, i just dont care what club does once its out of our reach. Maybe it is strange, but for me it makes all the sense in the world.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Why did we not attend the stupid FIFA ceremony? To show our disapproval of Madrid getting a favorable decision regards with their ban?

F

FlaFCB

According to sport, it was the players decision. The captains, plus pique. Pique was the first to suggest it, and it wasn't only because of the game, but also to protest against the board.

LeeRomeno

As people are freaking out and calling beginning of season disastrous i decided to look at how we have fared in league during Luchos time to see if things are really that horrible, league is gone for good and everyone should be sacked/sold and everyone else bought instead. Here are top 4 teams points and goal difference after same period (17 rounds + 1 less played for either Barca/Real to play in Club World Cup.
Stats are in order of 2014/5; 2015/6 and current table

Real Madrid
39p 56-15 (1 game less played)
36p 45-16
40p 45-14 (1 game less played)

So Zidanes superseason has in reality managed to gain him 1 point more than Ancelottis superseason and with considerably worse goalratio, which for me indicates that they have not really been that dominant at all.

Barcelona
38p 41-8
38p 40-15 (1 game less played)
35p 42-17

So in reality our worst season of all times is actually just 1 win difference from best Lucho managed. I guess team has been really in downfall indeed, i mean whopping 3 points less

Atletico
38p 34-15
38p 24-8
31p 31-14

I wonder if Atletico forum is asking for Simeones head? They should, this season is way way worse in comparison vs our seasons

Sevilla
33p 26-17
26p 23-19
36p 36-21

Instead of Real, i believe everyone should actually praise Sevilla and Sampaoli as they are the only team to be really massively improved this season.

Point is, it is not even midway. We all know how 2014-5 went and how last year went.

Zebulun

As people are freaking out and calling beginning of season disastrous i decided to look at how we have fared in league during Luchos time to see if things are really that horrible, league is gone for good and everyone should be sacked/sold and everyone else bought instead. Here are top 4 teams points and goal difference after same period (17 rounds + 1 less played for either Barca/Real to play in Club World Cup.
Stats are in order of 2014/5; 2015/6 and current table

Real Madrid
39p 56-15 (1 game less played)
36p 45-16
40p 45-14 (1 game less played)

So Zidanes superseason has in reality managed to gain him 1 point more than Ancelottis superseason and with considerably worse goalratio, which for me indicates that they have not really been that dominant at all.

Barcelona
38p 41-8
38p 40-15 (1 game less played)
35p 42-17

So in reality our worst season of all times is actually just 1 win difference from best Lucho managed. I guess team has been really in downfall indeed, i mean whopping 3 points less

Atletico
38p 34-15
38p 24-8
31p 31-14

I wonder if Atletico forum is asking for Simeones head? They should, this season is way way worse in comparison vs our seasons

Sevilla
33p 26-17
26p 23-19
36p 36-21

Instead of Real, i believe everyone should actually praise Sevilla and Sampaoli as they are the only team to be really massively improved this season.

Point is, it is not even midway. We all know how 2014-5 went and how last year went.

"As people are freaking out and calling beginning of season disastrous i decided to look at how we have fared in league during Luchos time to see if things are really that horrible"

for the people who have eyes and actually watch games, yes it is. Stats can be twisted to support any agenda, only your eyes cannot be fooled.

F

FlaFCB

This is Barça's worse league start since 07/08. And more than points, the way the team is playing is there for anyone to see. No midfield, no right wing, long balls. Totally disjointed.

serghei

This is also one of the hardest 1st half schedules we've ever had since I've started watching Barca. In those conditions we payed a great price for those wasted points to Alaves and Malaga. And then add all the bad luck and the possibly corrupt referees and you get pur current situation. And the clasico which we should have won. Not all of it is down to our poor form and Lucho.

I blame Lucho for going overboard with rotations too early which costed us valuable points, points that we absolutely needed considering the schedule.

Last edited:

God Serena

This is also one of the hardest 1st half schedules we've ever had since I've started watching Barca. In those conditions we payed a great price for those wasted points to Alaves and Malaga. And then add all the bad luck and the possibly corrupt referees and you get pur current situation. And the clasico which we should have won. Not all of it is down to our poor form and Lucho.

I blame Lucho for going overboard with rotations too early which costed us valuable points, points that we absolutely needed considering the schedule.

You can't count Alaves and Malaga as setbacks, and say we should have won the Clasico, and then say it's not all on poor form and Lucho. Those two factors combined are the reason we lost points to those three teams. Hardest schedule or not there's no logical reasy why we should be so far behind Real Madrid in the table.

[MENTION=17987]LeeRomeno[/MENTION]

As a reminder to you, barca's first half of 14-15 la liga isn't representative of the success that later went on to define this season. At that point in time, after earning 3 points more than we have now, Lucho and the board were in serious danger.

serghei

You can't count Alaves and Malaga as setbacks, and say we should have won the Clasico, and then say it's not all on poor form and Lucho. Those two factors combined are the reason we lost points to those three teams. Hardest schedule or not there's no logical reasy why we should be so far behind Real Madrid in the table.

No, actually. We did enough to beat Malaga at home, the players couldn't put the ball in the back of the net. And when they did, the ref. pulled it back. As with Madrid, the manager can't teach Neymar, and then Messi, how to score in 1 vs 1, especially Neymar. As with Villareal. 2 pens. not given, one post, and other great chances, while Vilareal score at one of their few chances, probably their only big chance.

The game suffers? Sure. So does Madrid's, except everyone else acts as if Madrid is playing sublime and we are playing shit. Hardly so. Madrid are just picking up the points, while we waste them. Both teams have problems with how the games are going. Difference is Madrid win, and we don't. And the reasons are clear, they are more clinical, have more weapons to break down theams that defend deep, and the refs. aren't against them.

Last edited:

Raketa10

No, actually. We did enough to beat Malaga at home, the players couldn't put the ball in the back of the net. And when they did, the ref. pulled it back. As with Madrid, the manager can't teach Neymar, and then Messi, how to score in 1 vs 1, especially Neymar. As with Villareal. 2 pens. not given, one post, and other great chances, while Vilareal score at one of their few chances, probably their only big chance.

The game suffers? Sure. So does Madrid's, except everyone else acts as if Madrid is playing sublime and we are playing shit. Hardly so. Madrid are just picking up the points, while we waste them. Both teams have problems with how the games are going. Difference is Madrid win, and we don't. And the reasons are clear, they are more clinical, have more weapons to break down theams that defend deep, and the refs. aren't against them.

Madrid had a lot more problems with injuries than we did so even without Ronaldo, Bale, Modric, Kroos, Benzema, Ramos etc. they werent droping points so I really don't see your point. When we were without Iniesta our midfield was bellow any possible level and now even with him it's just a little bit better. Real is better than we are at the moment and that is the fact not to mention Zidane is rotating much smarter than Lucho is.

And stop with refs already it's on us and Lucho's disasterous tactics. Basically if we do not get panalty we can't score, I would say this is embarrassing with MSN in the attack. I can't believe someone is still out there who believes Lucho is a good manager.

Last edited:

serghei

Madrid had a lot more problems with injuries than we did so even without Ronaldo, Bale, Modric, Kroos, Benzema, Ramos etc. they werent droping points so I really don't see your point. When we were without Iniesta our midfield was bellow any possible level and now even with him it's just a little bit better. Real is better than we are at the moment and that is the fact not to mention Zidane is rotating much smarter than Lucho is.

And stop with refs already it's on us and Lucho's disasterous tactics. Basically if we do not get panalty we can't score, I would say this is embarrassing with MSN in the attack. I can't believe someone is still out there who believes Lucho is a good manager.

Of course Lucho is a good manager. That is not even in consideration. He is not a great manager, and that's a different story alltogether.

Madrid has had so many problems as well with their football. Only beat Gijon because an idiot skied his penalty. Barely beat Deportivo at home in the dying seconds, barely took an underserved point in the clasico, again, in the last seconds. Barely beat Bilbao with a late goal after Inaki missed a lot of great chances. Barely beat Celta at home as well. Ended up 2nd in their CL group, and received 3 goals from a CL debutant. The difference is they got the results, and we didn't. But hey, if you think Real is great and we are shit, fine.

I saw them in the clasico, and people said they will beat us badly. Guess what, they couldn't have been happier to get a point.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans