Luis Enrique

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Do you know what I fear?

That Lucho will resign at the end of the season and they appoint Unzue who will keep on the same stuff :troll:

God Serena

No, i absolutely despise the unnecessary "you must hate" bs for foreign fans. I have absolutely no connection to Catalans, i just happen to like a club in the region, have for a long time and thats it.
Just because i like 1 club does not make me "unlike" another club. I of course do not want them to succeed at times, as in most of cases it would mean Barca not succeeding, but in European competitions for example vs English clubs i almost always support any other Spanish clubs, because i just like the way football is played in La Liga alot more than in Premier league. And if Barcelona does not win a competition, i dont care if Real wins it, Atletico, Sevilla or any other club, it has no meaning to me.

It's called a rivalry. It exists in every sport whether you have a connection to the political side or not. You're hardly even a Barca fan saying stuff like this. Imagine a Chelsea fan rooting for Arsenal to win the CL against Juve just because they like English football more :lol:

What a joke.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
:lol: @ people selecting only part of the comment to ridicule Lucho..... "I would like to say that Barcelona has played badly but that is not the case"

Yes he said that, but he also said, "We created many chances against the team who has conceded the fewest goals in La Liga, although we were not as accurate as we could have been in the final metres." which is true! Villarreal did concede the least in the league and even Real Madrid who are playing like world beaters this season could not win against Villarreal at Santiago Bernabeu!! I mean they would probably do better in the return leg going by the looks of it, but yeah Villarreal are actully doing well this season.

So, Lucho is basically not as moronic as guys make him out to be.

However, I do have a bone to pick with Lucho. When he knew he had to rest Rakitic and Alba, I am not exactly sure why he played them against Bilbao in Copa del Rey when there was going to be a return leg in Camp Nou (so on paper, a bad result in the first leg was not the end of the world) and a much more important match was to be played just days later! Yes Digne did end up playing well but we did miss Rakitic!!

Last edited:
F

FlaFCB

:lol: @ people selecting only part of the comment to ridicule Lucho..... "I would like to say that Barcelona has played badly but that is not the case"

Yes he said that, but he also said, "We created many chances against the team who has conceded the fewest goals in La Liga, although we were not as accurate as we could have been in the final metres." which is true! Villarreal did concede the least in the league and even Real Madrid who are playing like world beaters this season could not win against Villarreal at Santiago Bernabeu!! I mean they would probably do better in the return leg going by the looks of it, but yeah Villarreal are actully doing well this season.

However, I do have a bone to pick with Lucho. When he knew he had to rest Rakitic and Alba, I am not exactly sure why he played them against Bilbao in Copa del Rey when there was going to be a return leg in Camp Nou (so on paper, a bad result in the first leg was not the end of the world) and a much more important match was to be played just days later! Yes Digne did end up playing well but we did miss Rakitic!!
Guess I saw a different game, because I don't remember those many chances created. His statement is still ridiculous, with that added part or without it.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Guess I saw a different game, because I don't remember those many chances created. His statement is still ridiculous, with that added part or without it.
We took 17 shots today man, 10 were on target...... Only one went in. We hit post once.

I am definitely not the type who only takes these statistics to give an opinion on a match but yeah we did create numerous chances today. I have never seen Iniesta taking so many long-range shots mans. I would say that it is a direct result of our forwards regressing a lot this season, especially Neymar and Suarez too actually. Misplacing so many easy passes, stupid touch and all!

I am not denying that Lucho is not really helping us, but the players are not doing much better either. I mean Neymar only has 6 goals to his credit this season! This is a guy who finished in Ballon d'Or top 3 just a year ago!! Suarez too had much better stats last season

F

FlaFCB

We took 17 shots today man, 10 were on target...... Only one went in. We hit post once.

I am definitely not the type who only takes these statistics to give an opinion on a match but yeah we did create numerous chances today. I have never seen Iniesta taking so many long-range shots mans. I would say that it is a direct result of our forwards regressing a lot this season, especially Neymar and Suarez too actually. Misplacing so many easy passes, stupid touch and all!

I am not denying that Lucho is not really helping us, but the players are not doing much better either. I mean Neymar only has 6 goals to his credit this season! This is a guy who finished in Ballon d'Or top 3 just a year ago!! Suarez too had much better stats last season
Only 7 of those shots were on target. Most were just desperate long range attempts, as nothing was working. Chances weren't being created. Team is playing poorly for a long time, and nothing is improving.

Many players are supposedly underperforming, and I don't buy it anymore. That is a clear reflection of the poor gameplay and lack of tactics. And not the other way around.

mssarm

The rumor in the press is that Rakitic did not play because he's planning to leave Barca for City.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Can we send Lucho there instead. He can be Pep's assistant coach and perhaps learn a thing or two about tactics. Although both are stubborn as hell.

Perhaps all the rumors about Xavi taking control of the team in the Treble season was true after all :thinking:

In fact, perhaps this guy simply is a cheerleader. A motivational guy. A manager, but not a coach, whose effect of his skills have worn out. Because is it seriously possible to fail this bad and not see the warning signs for such a long time? He cannot even make any major adjustments in a game. Throws in a player. Postition for position. Sometimes even takes off the best performer.

It's not like Celta are doing badly without him is it? In fact I would argue they got better. They got better tactically and played better football with different players too. And it's not like Roma did worse when he left after just a season right?

I'm probably going OTT since he after all won a treble with this team and just ranting right now, but hey. At least it's something to think about :lol:

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Can we send Lucho there instead. He can be Pep's assistant coach and perhaps learn a thing or two about tactics. Although both are stubborn as hell.

Perhaps all the rumors about Xavi taking control of the team in the Treble season was true after all :thinking:

In fact, perhaps this guy simply is a cheerleader. A motivational guy. A manager, but not a coach, whose effect of his skills have worn out. Because is it seriously possible to fail this bad and not see the warning signs for such a long time? He cannot even make any major adjustments in a game. Throws in a player. Postition for position. Sometimes even takes off the best performer.

It's not like Celta are doing badly without him is it? In fact I would argue they got better. They got better tactically and played better football with different players too. And it's not like Roma did worse when he left after just a season right?

I'm probably going OTT since he after all won a treble with this team and just ranting right now, but hey. At least it's something to think about :lol:

Perhaps he is like many coaches (and every one in the game) will have his bad moments and that doesn't take anything from what he achieved?
Coaches are just like the players,they can't retain their performance all the time.
Wenger was once a coach that every club in the world were after him,now he is at least half decade of being hated by a good portion of his fans and other clubs making jokes of him.
SAF went dry around 2003-2006. Many Manu fans wanted him out saying he was gr8 but outdated and reached a point that he can't give them anything any more,rebounded and had his best time afterwards. We had that too with Crujif,Rijkaard,LVG. Pep was smart enough to know he was on this way and even admitted his last year was mistake and should have resigned after 3rd year. It isn't like Pep is doing better at City right now nor that Lucho didn't out coach less than 2 years ago and even win the group with him this year while Pep spending zillions with City on Stones ,Sane and glass man Gundogan.
Simple as it is,being bad now doesn't mean you weren't gr8 before.

serghei

I thoght we played OK vs Villareal as well. The goal was down to players' individual mistakes. We created several big chances to score. Players are to blame as well. Ref denied us 2 pens. Team showed ambition so Lucho sort of has a point. Several games this season when ref mistakes, and bad finishing cost us massively, where Madrid seems to score exactly when they need to.

Gaudi

While in long term BBZ is right, we'll need overhaul this is unacceptable. We can talk about future, about this or that position but when you have: Pique, Masch, Busi, Iniesta and MSN in the team you can not play this bad for such a long time. Ok, let's say there are 2,3 great teams but I watch L'pool playing a good game with a plan and with guys like Origano (wathever the name), Milner, Klein...(of course they have some good players) but would any of those be in our team?
We are clueless, we defend badly we attack badly, we basically lack in every tactical aspect.

Second part is also worrying, even more...this is not only Lucho but entire sporting managment. I don't understand our plan? Do we even have any? So we had Xavi-Iniesta, and only some years ago Cesc-Thiago being set as their replacament. Then Thiago went for Cesc, then we let Cesc go??! Maybe those 2 weren't the deal but at least there was a plan! Then we bought Rakitic to add some steel, even though he is not much faster then Cesc, but fine, then suddenly he is out but we bought or brought back 5 simillar players (not by position, but by being squad players), now they are all changing for that one spot and neither is bringing anything to the table. At the end Rafinha looks to be in the best form at least but also he looks to be last in picking order.
I truly don't understand the logic then with bringing Turan, Raki, Gomes, Rafinha, Suarez but they getting Samper on loan and so on. What the hell is our plan?

Home of Barca Fans