Luis Enrique

If Lucho was ever to step down now it's definitely Unzue who would lead, which at this point can't hurt our chances.

It would also be good to see what Unzue is about since he has been rumored to be on the shortlist for next coach. We either dodge a bullet for next season or create a new Zidane :lol:

gasgas

Not sure it's true. They had their share of failed transfers as well. As for CL, both could have just as easily been losses to Atletico. And it's not that hard to win The CL when you play Roma, Wolfsburg and City with the return leg at home each time. Overall we have been superior to them and out dominance in La Liga proves it.

Just look at their squad and look at ours.
It's night and day difference

They have bought players that they can call upon whenever they need them, they can count on their sub players in big games.
El classico for example, they can afford playing without Pepe, Kroos, Casemiro, Bale and still get a result

Can you imagine us get a result in a big game without Mascherano, Busquets, Rakitic and Neymar all at once

Look at how we struggled in Iniesta's absence. Kroos absent? no problem throw Isco in

They have had flops. Every team has those. Though it is hard for me to remember their flops in the past 3/4 seasons

But they have been buying useful players

It's hard for me to recall total flops from them

BBZ8800

Our forum is facing a lot of depression in the future.

Sadly, while reading this, over 90% of posters still think that this is mostly on Lucho and that his poor tactics are the main reason of our poor form for Months.
I'll repeat one more time:
1. our all key players have won too many trophies, we have zero motivation
2. new guys are either not good enough, too young or not ready to fit in yet
3. we don't have a GK
4. we don't have a RB
5. you can't bench MSN, no matter how bad they play, or no matter how tired or unfit they are
6. we don't have a plan B since Larsson probably
7. La Masia is dry

We can buy a new Gk, some new players. But still, what we will do with MSN and how we will improve motivation of players?

My prediction:
1. people will whine ONLY about Lucho till the end of this season and we won't win any trophies
2. then we will turn all our hopes into a next coach, who should magically fix all the current problems
3. then a new season will start, and if we will still play with MSN, Iniesta, Rakitic and Busi=we will be equally as horrible and without motivation as today, even if we hire 82 new coaches.

There is a long, long, long, long, long road or a recovery/overhaul infront of our team.
Lucho is just a tiny piece of a problem, but you'll see it over time.

Last edited:

BarçaBarça

Sadly, while reading this, over 90% of posters still think that this is mostly on Lucho and that his poor tactics are the main reason of our poor form for Months.
3. we don't have a GK
4. we don't have a RB
5. you can't bench MSN, no matter how bad they play, or no matter how tired or unfit they are
7. La Masia is dry

We can buy a new Gk, some new players. But still, what we will do with MSN and how we will improve motivation of players?

My prediction:
1. people will whine ONLY about Lucho till the end of this season and we won't win any trophies
2. then we will turn all our hopes into a next coach, who should magically fix all the current problems
3. then a new season will start, and if we will still play with MSN, Iniesta, Rakitic and Busi=we will be equally as horrible and without motivation as today, even if we hire 82 new coaches.

There is a long, long, long, long, long road or a recovery/overhaul infront of our team.

Some of the problems you suggest are not that pressing, but others clearly are: You are right, that a new coach can't be expected to fix all our problems.
I think we should plan for Iniesta having a Xavi-2015-like role, so we are better suited when he is missing and not that dependent on his and Messis brilliance in each and every game (and then he can play the biggest role possible, but we need to have alternatives).
But Lucho holds a big responsibility for your first reason: motivation of players. I don't buy that players get tired of winning, but of course we shouldn't have the same start-11 nailed in stone, so everyone gets complacent, and the MSN-can't-be-benched is a real problem. Even Zidane has managed to get Ronaldo to accept the bench from time to time - it can be done! Clearly MSN is better than BBC, but Modric/Kroos are just so much Barca-profile it hurts a little. James and Isco are levels above Gomes and Denis right now.

The biggest problems is Luchos own lack of motivation and lack of tactics combined with the new guys not doing good enough. It is a huge problem that we don't have subs who can put games to bed, but are nervous as hell. That Paco misses a sitter in the last second yesterday is a good example. Gomes has not made a big difference either, Digne and Suarez are lesser problems. IMO we don't need the famous plan B, but a better backup than what Paco and Arda are to MSN right now.

Generally speaking you are right: We have a problem which is bigger than Enrique - our whole squad is not good enough compared with our biggest rivals RM. I think many links this summers transfers with Enrique, and therefore partly blame him for Paco/Gomes not helping our team the way we need. That holds some truth, imo. Therefore we can hope that a new coach brings new ideas about player-profiles as well as refreshing new tactics.

jamrock

Yea the players walk in the pitch and or like yeah I don't want to win anymore, I wanna lose against inferior opposition on a regular basis. Man please.

It's lucho's fault we can't get the best out of MSN, because from day one there was no real plan, he just left it up to them to figure it out.

It's his fault we have no right back

It's his fault some of the players that came in is crap

It's his fault we don't have a plan B.

It's his fault we sent what are at the very least comparable players who understand how to play Barca football away only to replace them with average players

It's his fault he doesn't even look at Masia, so even if it was a river flowing over, we would not know.

BBZ8800

Yea the players walk in the pitch and or like yeah I don't want to win anymore, I wanna lose against inferior opposition on a regular basis. Man please.

So, basically, it was Rijkaard's fault when Ronaldinho lost motivation?

Ok, see you in upcoming years regarding this problem.

jamrock

So, basically, it was Rijkaard's fault when Ronaldinho lost motivation?

Ok, see you in upcoming years regarding this problem.

Nnone of our players are anywhere near ronaldinho level and I coould argue it wasn't about Ronnie and more about teams finding out that system and injuries.

If I remember correctly he hand like 20 goals and 20 assist in his last season.

But what happen with Ronnie, was not lack of motivation, just a distructive life style

Also I didn't say it was lucho's fault, I was saying the players haven't lost motivation in the way, you are trying make it, they still want to win.

The team is just playing crap, the team is getting stale, the board and lucho should have known this in the summer and brought in 1/2 top players to fresh things up, everyone knows he have to sprinkle a bit of sauce on a team every 3/4 seasons, he and the board failed to do this correctly

ceco322

Yes, the new coach talk should get serious now...

So, considering our board and staff, they should look at ex-Espanyol players and coaches, Pocchetino sounds good, but giving a Tamudo a shot at coaching seems interesting... Or we could scout Valencia's past coaches; Nuno, Neville, Ayestarán or even Voro could do the trick, after all they have already coached half of our squad... I wouldn't discard Mourinho, even though he's improving with United...

Seriously, fuck this shit!

Out there have plenty of good coaches like Ronald Koeman, Frank de Boer, Laurent Blanc, Didier Deschamps, Antonio Conte, Roberto Mancini, Gerard Lopez. Klopp, Marcelo Gallardo, Vincenzo Montella, Thomas Tuchel, Rudi Garcia, Eusebio Sacristán, Sampaoli, Oscar Garcia, Pochettino, Roberto Martinez, Phillip Cocu, Giovanni van Bronckhorst, Patrick Kluivert, Marcelinio, Unai Emery, Marcelinho, Brendan Rodgers, Manuel Pellegrini, Unzue ...
I think that our club will choose one of this for so many reasons like style of play, experience, philosophy...
1. Ronald Koeman, 2. Frank de Boer, 3. Laurent Blanc, 4. Didier Deschamps, 5. Antonio Conte, 6. Roberto Mancini and 7. Gerard Lopez. 80% i am sure that this top 7 coaches are very good for us and they are one of the best really. One is sure we need of change , time for change!

Zebulun

3. we don't have a GK
4. we don't have a RB
7. La Masia is dry

My prediction:

1)i disagree that our key player lost motivation, by key players i mean, busquets, messi, pique and iniesta, neymar. they give everything. sure they lose form sometimes since they're humans but they give everything.

2)we need a coach! there's no way you can have barcelona playing pub football for a year and blame that on the players. The players don't pick themselves, the players don't buy themselves. Imagine suarez admitted in an interview in the treble season, that Messi told him to play CF as lucho had him on RW game after game. there are so many more situations where lucho showed his arrogance over proper decision making etc selling grimaldo to buy digne, munir for paco, slowpoke Gomes. Lets be real, no one was raving about gomes' ability. but he was part of a euro winning team and age 22. fuck if he's compatible or any other logic.

3)we need proper management from the top, bartomeu can fuck right off. him allegedly forcing the purchase of Arda Turan fucked us over. 40 million and no return, selling fucking thiago.

5)i blame this on decision making as well, we paid for first options on Gabigol and Gabriel Jesus. we spent more for paco because of his liga experience, how has that helped us so far?

Some of us whined about lucho from day one, treble did not change a thing since he eliminated our midfield, everyone knows it. but he isn't alone, its him, robert, braida and barto need to fuck off.

Last edited:

LeeRomeno

1)i disagree that our key player lost motivation, by key players i mean, busquets, messi, pique and iniesta, neymar. they give everything. sure they lose form sometimes since they're humans but they give everything.

2)we need a coach! there's no way you can have barcelona playing pub football for a year and blame that on the players. The players don't pick themselves, the players don't buy themselves. Imagine suarez admitted in an interview in the treble season, that Messi told him to play CF as lucho had him on RW game after game. there are so many more situations where lucho showed his arrogance over proper decision making etc selling grimaldo to buy digne, munir for paco, slowpoke Gomes. Lets be real, no one was raving about gomes' ability. but he was part of a euro winning team and age 22. fuck if he's compatible or any other logic.

3)we need proper management from the top, bartomeu can fuck right off. him allegedly forcing the purchase of Arda Turan fucked us over. 40 million and no return, selling fucking thiago.

5)i blame this on decision making as well, we paid for first options on Gabigol and Gabriel Jesus. we spent more for paco because of his liga experience, how has that helped us so far?

Some of us whined about lucho from day one, treble did not change a thing since he eliminated our midfield, everyone knows it. but he isn't alone, its him, robert, braida and barto need to fuck off.

Holy Batman, what a post here. Someone who has been in a coma for last 10 years wakes up, reads this and thinks, well damn, my favorite club is in a really bad shape :(
Then check outs and finds that in last 10 years it has won 24 major trophies, thats 2,4 trophies on average per season for last 10 years.
Well i guess Real Madrid has won even more and that 24 trophies is not really comparable. Then finds out Real Madrid has won 12 in same timeperiod. 1 La Liga in last 9 years.

But hey, unless we win every single trophy, but not only win it, but win every single game in every single competition and hey, not just win it, but demolish our opponents by at least 3 goals, there is still reason to whine. Isnt there...

Raketa10

Out there have plenty of good coaches like Ronald Koeman, Frank de Boer, Laurent Blanc, Didier Deschamps, Antonio Conte, Roberto Mancini, Gerard Lopez. Klopp, Marcelo Gallardo, Vincenzo Montella, Thomas Tuchel, Rudi Garcia, Eusebio Sacristán, Sampaoli, Oscar Garcia, Pochettino, Roberto Martinez, Phillip Cocu, Giovanni van Bronckhorst, Patrick Kluivert, Marcelinio, Unai Emery, Marcelinho, Brendan Rodgers, Manuel Pellegrini, Unzue ...
I think that our club will choose one of this for so many reasons like style of play, experience, philosophy...
1. Ronald Koeman, 2. Frank de Boer, 3. Laurent Blanc, 4. Didier Deschamps, 5. Antonio Conte, 6. Roberto Mancini and 7. Gerard Lopez. 80% i am sure that this top 7 coaches are very good for us and they are one of the best really. One is sure we need of change , time for change!

Frank de Boer?!?! Montella?!?! Sacristan?!?! Cocu?!?! Kluivert?! PELLEGRINI?!?!?!? etc.... WTF!?!? What are you on!?

Some people on this forum are really out of their minds. Frank de Boer is arrogant idiot who couldn't even manage Inter. He basically lost players respect after 10 days there and you want him here?!?! WHAT THE FUCK?!

I AM OUT OF THIS SHIT!

Right now there are only two good solutions and that are Sampaoil or Pochettino. I also like Conte and Klop but I don't think we can get them now. Regarding Koeman I am not sure, he is ok but I do not think he would add anything new.

And one more thing I am not defending Lucho I also want him out in the end of the season but yesterdays game came after MSN were 2 weeks out and first game after the break is always difficult so I will start to judge him again after Villareal game. This season our main goal is clearly CL but that could be dangerous since in CL you need only one bad game and you are out.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans