Luis Enrique

Barcilliant

But Messi is too central. And the rw stays empty for most of the game. I think it's because there isn't anyone he can really associate with there. So he goes closer to Iniesta to try to make combinations. He's missing Alves a lot.

Perfect analysis!

Id like to see Srna in the short term and maybe Cancelo signed later. Roberto doesn't combine or attack well enough.

BusiTheKing

Has anyone else been playing with the thought of what Joachim Löw would do with his 4-2-3-1 at Barca? Something like this:

-------------------Suarez/Paco-----------------
Neymar/Denis-------Messi--------Dembele/Dybala
-----------------Busi--------Samper/Sergi Berto
Alba-----------Umtiti--------Pique-------Vidal/Sergi Berto

Edit: I'm retarded at posting line-ups.

Last edited:

xXKonan

During the treble season we used Masche-Busi as a double pivot frequently but most of the time our performances on the field were pretty bad.

Busi feels more comfortable as a lone pivot than having someone next to him.

NorthernVictory

During the treble season we used Masche-Busi as a double pivot frequently but most of the time our performances on the field were pretty bad.

Busi feels more comfortable as a lone pivot than having someone next to him.

Spain was a counterexample, though. Busi + Xabi Alonso was fantastic.

xXKonan

Busi probably works better with a B2B/CM than a Destroyer DM like Mascherano then if we were to use a double pivot again.

I wouldn't be surprised if Lucho tries a Busi-Gomes double pivot eventually with either Denis/Messi as a #10.

gasgas

xXKonan18 said:
Busi probably works better with a B2B/CM than a Destroyer DM like Mascherano then if we were to use a double pivot again.

I wouldn't be surprised if Lucho tries a Busi-Gomes double pivot eventually with either Denis/Messi as a #10.

Good idea

.................Busi Gomes
Mahrez...........Messi.........Neymar
........................Suarez

i_bleed_blaugrana

Has anyone else been playing with the thought of what Joachim Löw would do with his 4-2-3-1 at Barca? Something like this:

-------------------Suarez/Paco-----------------
Neymar/Denis-------Messi--------Dembele/Dybala
-----------------Busi--------Samper/Sergi Berto
Alba-----------Umtiti--------Pique-------Vidal/Sergi Berto

Edit: I'm retarded at posting line-ups.

Iniesta>Dybala, Dembele, Mahrez etc.

Always been my problem with doing a double pivot, Iniesta gets benched for what, so we can play like Mourinho? Messi just needs to get on his wing more. It'll force markers out wide that'll open up more space for the rest of the team as well as when he does drift in because there will be more space for him to exploit. He just doesn't want to do all the dirty work when the ball comes wide right and he feels the need to offer control in the build-up.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
You put Messi on the (Dembele/Dybala) position and play Iniesta in Messi's position in that 4-2-3-1.

But then I really don't like that system.

gasgas

Iniesta>Dybala, Dembele, Mahrez etc.

Always been my problem with doing a double pivot, Iniesta gets benched for what, so we can play like Mourinho? Messi just needs to get on his wing more. It'll force markers out wide that'll open up more space for the rest of the team as well as when he does drift in because there will be more space for him to exploit. He just doesn't want to do all the dirty work when the ball comes wide right and he feels the need to offer control in the build-up.

Stop dreaming, Messi will not play wing again.

Since the treble season, Messi has been moving more and more towards the center and I think he's there to stay

jamrock

If you play that formation, you have to play iniesta beside busquets

If Barcelona plays a double pivot, it can't be a conventional system with two someone defensive players.

Iniesta can do it too, he and busquets would kill any team building the play from deep. And as he pushes forward and busquets sits back and cover, he would link up with messi.

What more would u need

Home of Barca Fans