Luis Enrique

mssarm

We should play a game, take quotes from this forum now and from 2014 end of season and then make people guess, which quotes belong to current year and which belong to the season we won the treble. Here are some:
Yea, those quotes are from treble season. Fans like those are disgrace to this club.

I always envy the fans of clubs like Celtic, Borussia , Valencia... Their team not always winning silverware and they have ups and downs, but their fans roar every time we play against them. Our fans "5-0 is misleading score, we did not dominate them enough..mommy I want Barca to score 12... Lucho out". SMH

LeeRomeno

So according to some members not supporting LE is a disgrace to the club?! Interesting...

Its not about supporting LE, its the immature calling names, freaking out when it is not even half a season and lacking even some sense to see that this is exactly the carbon copy of the first season Lucho was here one of our best seasons ever to remind you.
Many have stated that one of the last things that differentiates us from Real (the big evil wolf) is the fact that we do not sack our managers as we please, yet for fans this bares no meaning whatsoever. Omg we are 4 points behind Real in November, SEASON IS OVER, WORLD IS ENDING, get a fcking grip

serghei

Against Chelsea 1st leg: 6 attempts on target,13 off target
Against Chelsea 2nd leg: 5 attempts on target,12 off target
Against Malaga today: 8 attempts on target,13 off target
And Malaga is as good as any team you can face on the defensive end.
And today we failed to even convert a single attempt of those,referee fucked us and we missed our most creative midfielder and two of the MSN

We had one big big chance and that was Neymar's header in the end. Compare that with the amount of great chances we had vs Chelsea, including 4 or 5 posts over two legs, and a missed penalty. We had much clearer chances against Chelsea.

Malaga is a so-so team from La Liga. Just weeks ago they received 4 goals against Atletico. They seem good if you let them look good. And we did just that by putting in an abysmal first 11 and just playing without any ideas.

Last edited:

Raketa10

Its not about supporting LE, its the immature calling names, freaking out when it is not even half a season and lacking even some sense to see that this is exactly the carbon copy of the first season Lucho was here one of our best seasons ever to remind you.
Many have stated that one of the last things that differentiates us from Real (the big evil wolf) is the fact that we do not sack our managers as we please, yet for fans this bares no meaning whatsoever. Omg we are 4 points behind Real in November, SEASON IS OVER, WORLD IS ENDING, get a fcking grip

Their decison last year to sack Benitez was best they ever did, it saved their entire season.

I am not saying we should sack Lucho in the middle of the season I never said that. I am grateful to him on last two years but he was never on Pep's level. My opinion is that he is doing really bad managing this year and even if we win a treble I will not change my mind but I am sure we can not win anything if we continue playing like this.

One of the things that diferentiates us from Real is also how we play and under Lucho we totally lost that this year. I am afraid this will end up like Rijkaard last year.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

We had one big big chance and that was Neymar's header in the end. Compare that with the amount of great chances we had vs Chelsea, including 4 or 5 posts over two legs, and a missed penalty.

Malaga is a so-so team from La Liga. Just weeks ago they received 4 goals against Atletico. They seem good if you let them look good. And we did just that by putting in an abysmal first 11 and just playing without any ideas.

Seriously? Malaga can play one of the toughest defense you can face in a season. They have showed this many times b4.the only teams we failed to score in the treble season and they had continued their gr8 defensive display today. You aren't giving them enough credit man.
And actually the amount of chances we had is very comparable to that against Chelsea,hell the last few minutes in the game today we should more urgency than we did against Chelsea in both games. Kameni had ton of savings and the referee fucked us too.
Yes Lucho messed up but this game with a little luck could have been won easily if we used our chances.

spark

I always envy the fans of clubs like Celtic, Borussia , Valencia... Their team not always winning silverware and they have ups and downs, but their fans roar every time we play against them. Our fans "5-0 is misleading score, we did not dominate them enough..mommy I want Barca to score 12... Lucho out". SMH

I take your point but the Mestalla is one of the most fickle stadiums in Spain.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Time for him to look over what he has done instead of having his head firmly planted in Unzue's ass. Or vice versa.

First need to break the Anoeta curse and win the Clasico. Then we need a Real Madrid-esque winning run of at least 10 games.

And it's not like we're magically going to dominate the CL if we lose the league. The league got to be the first priority right now.

serghei

Seriously? Malaga can play one of the toughest defense you can face in a season. They have showed this many times b4.the only teams we failed to score in the treble season and they had continued their gr8 defensive display today. You aren't giving them enough credit man.
And actually the amount of chances we had is very comparable to that against Chelsea,hell the last few minutes in the game today we should more urgency than we did against Chelsea in both games. Kameni had ton of savings and the referee fucked us too.
Yes Lucho messed up but this game with a little luck could have been won easily if we used our chances.

Man, I've said between the match that we will be in trouble when I saw the line-up and it ended 0-0. It's not about Malaga. I suppose Alaves is this great side as well, and Granada, which we barely beat 1-0 is also very good defensively, no?

Thing is we didn't even try to play between their lines. All we did was play it wide non-stop and try to do something from there. We could have even lost the game like against Alaves if that guy from Malaga wouldn't have missed with an empty net in front of him.

khaled_a_d

Man, I've said between the match that we will be in trouble when I saw the line-up and it ended 0-0. It's not about Malaga. I suppose Alaves is this great side as well, and Granada, which we barely beat 1-0 is also very good defensively, no?

Thing is we didn't even try to play between their lines. All we did was play it wide non-stop and try to do something from there. We could have even lost the game like against Alaves if that guy from Malaga wouldn't have missed with an empty net in front of him.

And I didn't argue against that,but you people are acting like Pep years were perfect without flaws and that even his last season was better than Lucho. That isn't true and Pep team was frustrating to watch at times and the team continued decline when they tried to stick to it after him until Lucho came.
And btw,Pep is our greatest ever coach,you can't put him as the standard.
Every one has his cycle as BBZ love to say and Lucho was the right man for the last couple of years while Pep understood that his cycle was over and even admitted it was mistake to stay the 4th year IIRC. Lucho cycle might be over (we will see whether that is true or not in May) but there is a trend of underestimating what Lucho has done after every defeat of mistake.

SeloBarca

Dont really think we played that great even when we won the treble. Its was mostly MSN managing to do everything.
We didnt play that great football as a team.
After that, when teams noticed we have absolutly nothing except that have had an easy way to stop us.

serghei

And I didn't argue against that,but you people are acting like Pep years were perfect without flaws and that even his last season was better than Lucho. That isn't true and Pep team was frustrating to watch at times and the team continued decline when they tried to stick to it after him until Lucho came.
And btw,Pep is our greatest ever coach,you can't put him as the standard.
Every one has his cycle as BBZ love to say and Lucho was the right man for the last couple of years while Pep understood that his cycle was over and even admitted it was mistake to stay the 4th year IIRC. Lucho cycle might be over (we will see whether that is true or not in May) but there is a trend of underestimating what Lucho has done after every defeat of mistake.

I don't expect us to be as good as with Pep. No one is asking that. Lucho has done a good job, but let's not overreact here. He has 3 players that score around 120+ goals between them in a season. Remember, Tata Martino came in on short notice, without any transfers, and as bad as he was according to people here, he was two games short of making a domestic double. Fine margins.

gasgas

So much this.
When I said this
I got shunned because well it's gasgas
I don't expect us to be as good as with Pep. No one is asking that. Lucho has done a good job, but let's not overreact here. He has 3 players that score around 120+ goals between them in a season. Remember, Tata Martino came in on short notice, without any transfers, and as bad as he was according to people here, he was two games short of making a domestic double. Fine margins.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Luis Enrique is tactically deficient. At this point to argue otherwise is to ignore the facts. He may have other strength, which may or may not have influenced the team's 5 major titles in the last 2 years, but he has two huge weaknesses that are, at this point, very evident: He is incredibly stubborn; and he is tactically deficient.

He has done a piss poor job this season with a bigger pool of players with very varied skillsets. The team is completely fractured from defense to attack by a midfield who has talent, but has no effing clue what it's playing.

You have midfielders playing out of position. AMs playing CMs. CMs playing AMs. Both playing some weird positioning very advanced up the field that only results in getting in the way of forwards, eating at their space to operate and asphyxiating their movement. Because of this you have CBs and the DM being the playmakers, the ones with the ball at their feet and their head up looking for passing lanes. I mean look at this.
S7XeRCi.png

That is an utter mess of a formation. Arda and Rafinha (7 and 12) practically playing on top of each other. Pique, Mascherano and Busi (3, 14 and 5) all bunched up in the center circle, very separated from the midfield.

And this is an average position. If I were to take an image of a basic Barca possession today, you would see the right midfielder on the wing to the right, the left midfielder behind the CF, and the CB duo with Busquets all alone in the center circle looking for passing lanes. Utter shambles.

Lucho better reevaluate and restructure the way he has this midfield playing or this league season could be very well lost in the next two La Liga games.

serghei

Great post [MENTION=15731]Sumlit[/MENTION]. We don't always agree, but this time we see eye to eye. I think the problem is Lucho has a simple by-the-numbers tactic against team that defend deep. That is bomb them from the wings. Instead of trying to get our game organized and to unlock them with quick and precise passes, we use a by-the-numbers approach, thinking that more players in the box automatically means a better game. Which is plain dumb.

That progression of passes in our midfield has dissapeared. Everybody is doing runs, but no-one except Messi is doing any passing. We're abusing the pass on the flanks, which is exactly the route that our opponents are trying to direct us to.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans