Page 595 of 771 FirstFirst ... 95495545585593594595596597605645695 ... LastLast
Results 8,911 to 8,925 of 11560

Thread: Luis Enrique

  1. #8911
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    10,574
    Quote Originally Posted by jamrock View Post
    As I said, some people understand the nuances of what pep was doing back then, others can do a google search and point to "stats".

    As it relates to luis, as I said If he shows real faith in Alen and kamptoum, by giving them real minutes in real games, they don't have to start 1,000,001 games, then he would have deserves credit for giving them there start, for showing faith in them, even if it's another manager that fully promotes them and develops there talent.

    It's not rocket science.
    Nice trying the 'I understand Barca better' card when nowhere else to go. Clutching at straws.

    You said Pep had given Gai Assulin a chance by giving him one game.

    What real minutes in real games did Pep give to likes of Bartra and Roberto?

    1 min in a classico?

    Give me the 2/3 games Pep placed his trust in Roberto?

  2. #8912
    SiempreBlaugrana
    KingMessi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    Posts
    12,275
    So if Guy A starts a project and leaves during the initial phase, and Guy B comes in and finishes the project, adding his own improvements to the initial scope as well, Guy A deserves the credit for the project if it becomes a success? That makes no sense.


    Suarez, Neymar, Messi. SNM. Show No Mercy.

  3. #8913
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    10,574
    Quote Originally Posted by KingMessi View Post
    So if Guy A starts a project and leaves during the initial phase, and Guy B comes in and finishes the project, adding his own improvements to the initial scope as well, Guy A deserves the credit for the project if it becomes a success? That makes no sense.
    Apart from when guy A is LVG or Rijkaard giving a player their debut and trusting in them.

    If manager B who then develops them further is Pep he gets all the credit.

    Bascially if manager A or B is Pep he gets overblown credit at expense of others.

  4. #8914
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,649
    Quote Originally Posted by JamDav1982 View Post
    Nice trying the 'I understand Barca better' card when nowhere else to go. Clutching at straws.

    You said Pep had given Gai Assulin a chance by giving him one game.

    What real minutes in real games did Pep give to likes of Bartra and Roberto?

    1 min in a classico?

    Give me the 2/3 games Pep placed his trust in Roberto?

    That's because I do understand barca better, daah, my barca knowledge it's restricted to google searches. Lol

    If you hAve to ask what games he gave bartra chances in, you clearly don't know much about barca.

    Do another Google search to find out and then come and highlight how little minutes they were, again ignoring the nuances of the situation, because you probably didn't watch any of those games.

  5. #8915
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    10,574
    Quote Originally Posted by jamrock View Post
    That's because I do understand barca better, daah, my barca knowledge it's restricted to google searches. Lol

    If you hAve to ask what games he gave bartra chances in, you clearly don't know much about barca.

    Do another Google search to find out and then come and highlight how little minutes they were, again ignoring the nuances of the situation, because you probably didn't watch any of those games.
    Nah you dont.

    This 'google' angle you are taking is weak and clueless.

    Just trolling really.

    When you claim Gai Assulin is a good example of player given a chance I think you need to read up more if taking such a lofty position.

    You wont answer the Bartra question as you dont have a clue.

  6. #8916
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,649
    Gai like the list of other players, I gave and many I didn't, is an example of a manager who will give a player a chance to prove himself, not all these players will be the next messi.

    But it serves to illustrate that, said manager is very interested in giving young players an opportunity to see what they can do, in the constructs of the first team.

    How this some idea seems so difficult to grasp, I don't know.

    I think gai played in some shitty copa game,away to some team, no Google search needed for that because I actually watched that game.

    Again gai like the 20 other players he gave a chance , it's not about the player him or themselves.

    But about the larger philosophy.

  7. #8917
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    10,574
    Quote Originally Posted by jamrock View Post
    Gai like the list of other players, I gave and many I didn't, is an example of a manager who will give a player a chance to prove himself, not all these players will be the next messi.

    But it serves to illustrate that, said manager is very interested in giving young players an opportunity to see what they can do, in the constructs of the first team.

    How this some idea seems so difficult to grasp, I don't know.

    I think gai played in some shitty copa game,away to some team, no Google search needed for that because I actually watched that game.

    Again gai like the 20 other players he gave a chance , it's not about the player him or themselves.

    But about the larger philosophy.
    If one game is the marker of being given a chance then lots have been given that and more in recent year.

    You did google Gai. Fair play as yesterday you didnt even know if he had played one or two.

    Googling to get more accurate stats is fine anyway. Unless you claim to know all stats off top of your head. Which I doubt as you were not sure on likes of Assulin.

    Google away. Unless you want to keep away from facts and be opinion based only which I suspect you might.

    There will easily be close to 20 players given debuts in last four years by Barca. Maybe not quite as many but will be close and Pep had a poorer squad hen he took over to try and integrate players into anyway.

    Still waiting for the big important minutes that Batra and Roberto got....

  8. #8918
    Bojan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Posts
    22,728
    Blog Entries
    1
    What are you arguing guys?
    Pep gave more trust in Barca youth. Lucho on the other hand is about immediate impact.

    Having said that Pep had the best Barca generation in Valdes, Puyol, Xavi, Iniesta, Messi already starters. He basically stood on Rijkaards's shoulders just as Frank did on Van Gaal's. Big credit to Pep for trusting Pique and Busi and thus adding his touch to that great generation.

  9. #8919
    Senior Member
    serghei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Bucharest
    Posts
    8,264
    Quote Originally Posted by JamDav1982 View Post
    Pep never promoted Bob and barely gave him more minutes than Samper has and far far less than Munir has.

    If Alena or Samper go on to great things under another manager and all Lucho has done has debuted them and gave them some minutes will he get credit?

    Kamptoum has played. That is a chance according to you.
    This. It's amazing how little you have to play a player in order to assume a lot of credit for his development. Pep never thought about Roberto as more special than Jeffren or other players. He didn't think Roberto will become better than those players probably, because otherwise he would've insisted more with him. The only reason Roberto is not Jeffren II for example, is because Lucho trusted him on a consistent basis, actually being his go to young player, his no1 project since he took over. Everybody was shocked when Alves got injured on San Mames and Lucho had this exotic idea of playing Sergi as RB. Roberto stopped being a talented player from La Masia under Lucho, and become our no1 RB, to the extent that Lucho doesn't want a RB because he fully trust Sergi. And he might be rewarded for that, because Sergi Roberto can be Lucho's masterstroke at Barcelona the same way Busquets was for Pep almost. It's not out of the realm of possibility judging by his recent performances at RB.

    This is what should be given the most credit to, not some few minutes that the past managers distributed to a wide range of players 5 years ago.
    Last edited by serghei; 2nd September 2016 at 04:12 PM.

  10. #8920
    Bojan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Posts
    22,728
    Blog Entries
    1
    Lucho barely played him until there was noone else to play.
    Hardly a sign of trust.

    He got lucky. Just as he got lucky when Messi decided to return to the wing and let Suarez play his natural role.

  11. #8921
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    10,574
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojan View Post
    What are you arguing guys?
    Pep gave more trust in Barca youth. Lucho on the other hand is about immediate impact.

    Having said that Pep had the best Barca generation in Valdes, Puyol, Xavi, Iniesta, Messi already starters. He basically stood on Rijkaards's shoulders just as Frank did on Van Gaal's. Big credit to Pep for trusting Pique and Busi and thus adding his touch to that great generation.
    Pep trusted in the brilliant home grown generation that was in the squad when he took over and gave them complete trust.

    He also showed a lot of trust to Pedro and Busi from his B team as had worked with them so closely.

    My argument is beyond that Pep was not handing out huge chances to every B team player going as some make out. He was quite cautious with B team players beyond Busi and Pedro with maybe only Thiago breaking that.

    To the point that in Peps last summer he spent huge money at the expense of home grown players as well.

    Basically Pep was a genius who revolutionised the whole club and put it back at feet of La Masia but not all the young players came through after that with bug trust or big game time.

  12. #8922
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    10,574
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojan View Post
    Lucho barely played him until there was noone else to play.
    Hardly a sign of trust.

    He got lucky. Just as he got lucky when Messi decided to return to the wing and let Suarez play his natural role.
    In Luchos first season he played him quite a bit and last season he told him at start of that season he couldnt leave as needed him and I am sure read that was when full back role was discussed.

    The layers Lucho doesnt trust leave. Roberto didnt as Lucho relied on him.

  13. #8923
    Improvin' Perfection!!
    Aryagorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    7,415
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojan View Post
    What are you arguing guys?
    Pep gave more trust in Barca youth. Lucho on the other hand is about immediate impact.

    Having said that Pep had the best Barca generation in Valdes, Puyol, Xavi, Iniesta, Messi already starters. He basically stood on Rijkaards's shoulders just as Frank did on Van Gaal's. Big credit to Pep for trusting Pique and Busi and thus adding his touch to that great generation.
    All is correct. But Lucho deserves some more time before we come to the conclusion that he does not want to give minutes to Cantera products and only want to sign stars. He made Bob a starter for one, and shows tremendous patience in Rafinha and if it weren't for his freakish injury last year we probably wouldn't even have signed Gomes!

    And he seems to be interested in integrating Sergi once he returns from loan, Palencia and definitely Alena as well!
    Last edited by Aryagorn; 2nd September 2016 at 04:52 PM.

  14. #8924
    Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    289
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojan View Post
    Lucho barely played him until there was noone else to play.
    Hardly a sign of trust.

    He got lucky. Just as he got lucky when Messi decided to return to the wing and let Suarez play his natural role.
    I disagree, there was no luck involved. This is Bob in an interview last season ;

    "Luis Enrique initially suggested the change to right-back casually during the summer and then put me in this new position while we were on our tour," said the midfielder.
    "He told me how he was signed as a striker and ended up playing full-back, midfield and just about everywhere else. Previously, I was always an attacking midfielder for Barça and had never played full-back in my life. But I'm adapting well and am fine with it now."

    Saying he got lucky that Messi decided to return to the wing is like saying Messi decides where he plays and the coach has no say in the matter.

  15. #8925
    Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    289
    Quote Originally Posted by FCBarca View Post
    It would be if Pep promoted Bojan but you'd know that if you knew just a little about Pep, the club, Bojan, etc.
    You're right, I was wrong about Pep promoting Bojan but he was responsible for developing him at the very least.

Tags for this Thread