Luis Enrique

F

Flavia

Wouldn't, no. So 4. But at least Pep discovered him rather than letting him fade into obscurity

Right. So then Lucho deserves some credit for Roberto's ressurgence too. Or not, because his name is not Pep.

JamDav1982

Wouldn't, no. So 4. But at least Pep discovered him rather than letting him fade into obscurity

Yeah, the previous board who were looking for Pedro and Busi to be moved on before Pep arrived.

If we are discounting Pedro and Busi as youth products. How many did Pep bring through to being starters?

Probably need to take away Puyol from being a product of La Masia as well as is often quoted.

FCBarca praises the likes of Pep and previous board while counting the likes of Puyol, Pique, Busi and Pedro as cantera...now the rules have changed though to suit him.

Last edited:

gasgas

I will only be happy with his rotations if we start seeing these players on the bench more often:
Messi Neymar Suarez Rakitic
Otherwise it is just make believe

I don't see Lucho benching Messi at all this season

Come end of season he is hit by fatigue
And we won't know what hit us

opjeoff

I will only be happy with his rotations if we start seeing these players on the bench more often:
Messi Neymar Suarez Rakitic
Otherwise it is just make believe

I don't see Lucho benching Messi at all this season

Come end of season he is hit by fatigue
And we won't know what hit us

Messi never gets benched, he never had problems with fatigue all those years.

gasgas

Messi never gets benched, he never had problems with fatigue all those years.

last season he experienced fatigue towards the key part of the season
The tata season he was overplayed after he was back from injury and once again he was fatigued in the key part of the season
The tito season we overplayed him despite his hamstring injuries and it kept recurring especially in the key part of the season

Those are three examples in recent years

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Right. So then Lucho deserves some credit for Roberto's ressurgence too. Or not, because his name is not Pep.

Another faulty conclusion, absolutely Lucho gets credit for Roberto's resurgence - most, including myself, wrote him off for the club...but not Pep, the man who actually debuted the player, told us that Sergi would surprise us all years ago

JamDav1982

Another faulty conclusion, absolutely Lucho gets credit for Roberto's resurgence - most, including myself, wrote him off for the club...but not Pep, the man who actually debuted the player, told us that Sergi would surprise us all years ago

Aye Pep who debuted him and barely played him before leaving.

Pep has complimented loads of players that didnt work out.

Pep complimenting him all those years ago doesnt mean he would never have given up on him anyway.

That is just irrelevant.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Irrelevant when he's right, suits the naysayer's pov

Debuted, played, trusted, praised and did not send him away, loaned or considered for sale. The difference when you have a cantera player as your coach

JamDav1982

Irrelevant when he's right, suits the naysayer's pov

Debuted, played, trusted, praised and did not send him away, loaned or considered for sale. The difference when you have a cantera player as your coach

No its irrelevant when right if you get it wrong a lot as well.

Means the predictions are not accurate or anything to rely on. Pep barely used Sergi Roberto.

Its like Luhco praising Alena or Samper, barely playing them and then getting credit itf they turn into players years down the line.

Lucho never loaned out Roberto either and relied on him when so many like yourself wrote him off.

F

Flavia

Pep left in 2012. It's 4 years down the road now. If not for Lucho, Bob could be gone. So yes, Enrique deserve credit. It's really impressive how you dismiss anyone else's work, if his name is not pep guardiola. It wasn't pep who transformed Bob into a right back. pep praises many players too. the lastest is kolarov.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
All the talk about the board or the coach not giving chances to youngster is just usual type of bull shit.... Barcaforum bull shit to be specific!

On one hand they claim that the board/manager don't think of the youngsters..... But we have the likes of Roberto emerging out of no where. They point out at the players being loaned out conveniently forgetting the likes of Rafinha emerging into the team. They point out at the youngsters being sold conveniently forgetting the likes of Denis earning their place in the team!

They claim that the board is using the youngsters as mere cattle when they are actually letting the youngsters leave for free because of good behavior! I don't know what else the board will have to do!!

At the end of the day no matter how many number of minutes the board/coach gives the cantera products, it all depends on the generation!

We also have to consider the presence of once-in-a-generation kind of players that we have right now in Leo, Iniesta and Suarez. Club would probably always want to make the best use of them..... Can't blame them for it either!

Folks around here should just take a chill pill I guess!

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans