Luis Enrique

L

linetty

From twitter: The past few years practically always the line-ups were leaked a day before the game. Lucho wants to completely cut off the team from the media so that nothing leaks out.

mazp

From twitter: The past few years practically always the line-ups were leaked a day before the game. Lucho wants to completely cut off the team from the media so that nothing leaks out.

Taking a page from Guardiola's playbook.

Tomchin

Would be very good news indeed. I never understood why Tata always leaked his line-up 1 day before the game to the press.

barcanuck

Would be very good news indeed. I never understood why Tata always leaked his line-up 1 day before the game to the press.

Awesome indeed!

We were so predictable last 2 years even we knew the lineups without the newspapers telling us. We now can switch Rafinha, Masche, Rakitic into our midfield along which will throw teams off. Our midfield was the most predictable, either Cesc, Iniesta, Xavi or all 3 would play with Busi every single big game. Now that's about to change as Iniesta and Busi now have competition for their spots and Xavi is almost done.

Ursegor

World Champion
What is this Callejon rumour I'm reading about? Did he suffer from a sunstroke during one of his Sahara marathons?

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
What is this Callejon rumour I'm reading about? Did he suffer from a sunstroke during one of his Sahara marathons?

Napoli's president apparently confirmed that the club approached inquiring about Callejon.

The club is probably looking around for bench forwards to cover until Neymar/Suarez can play. They probably, stupidly, forgot that Callejon used to play for Real because he was a benchwarmer :D. Either that or they confused him and Dries Mertens.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Barça is beginning a new era with Luis Enrique, who you know very well. Is he the answer to the team’s needs?

Yes. After Guardiola and Tito were at the helm, this season was very difficult, because of all the things going on. The team didn’t win any important trophy, and I think that the arrival of Luis Enrique will be very positive, as he knows the club inside out; he was the captain for many years and imposes respect amongst the players.

From the years you spent under his orders, what are your memories?

He was a coach who liked to have the ball, who did his homework. He liked to play three at the back, with wingbacks. He liked to study the rival extensively, and he used to show us videos on how to defend and how to attack. He also liked to organise many activities for the team, like barbecues, paintball matches, bumper car races…and that, whether you believe it or not, helped us form a good bond between us to win promotion to the Liga Adelante.

That explains why nobody motivates like Luis Enrique…

Right. When things weren’t going very well, he told us not to worry, to have trust in him, I’m sure that he’ll do exactly the same thing with the first team. Besides, he has many things to prove at Barça.

In one word, how would you describe him?

A born fighter.

Part of an interview with Muniesa that I read on totalbarca

Another example of how I feel Lucho has shades of Simeone in him when he really clicks with his team as a coach. I've seen so many Atletico players saying that Simeone is a god to them and that "if he told us to jump off a bridge, we'd follow". That kind of team unity and passion is a massive part of what made them work so well as a collective, same with how we were during Pep's era at the club. A great team is like a family and having someone at the helm who can rally everyone together will be crucial to change from what we were recently.

I just hope that the barbecue thing is as far as it goes in terms of similarities between him and Tata. :lucho:

I

instinct

Zubizarreta: "We expect Enrique's Barca to play beautiful attacking football with intensity and pace"

Stric

I'm afraid that the fact that we have so much time in between his appointment and the start of the season will make everyone go crazy with expectations and get disappointed later... It's already begun, frankly. Expect nothing, wait and see. Hell, Tata seemed awesome for the first few months, even.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I'm afraid that the fact that we have so much time in between his appointment and the start of the season will make everyone go crazy with expectations and get disappointed later... It's already begun, frankly. Expect nothing, wait and see. Hell, Tata seemed awesome for the first few months, even.

I fully agree. We all clearly see the promise that Lucho and this new project has, but it's very easy to jump the gun from optimism to expectation given how badly we want to get back to the top. This is a long term vision and needs steady improvement and a lot of stability. It's weird to think that the team has played under its 3rd manager in 3 seasons, 4 if you count Roura's spell (though short, was during an important time of the campaign).

We'll have our ups and downs with Lucho but it's important that this time we have some patience. Unfortunately, that's a very big ask given how both the media and many fans share the same mob mentality.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Pre-Season officially starts tomorrow. First match on Saturday against Recreativo de Huelva at 22.00 CEST(Local Time).

Home of Barca Fans