Luis Enrique

F

Flavia

First, I read that it was just interest and they decided not to follow up. Second, with our bench so thin with transfer ban we might convert Lucho into playing coach.
What is the suggestion? Lucho is a moron who keeps useless players and trying to get rid of the talented ones?
The interest was real, it was stupid not to let him go. He's always injured, anyway, and way past it too.
The suggestion is simple, Enrique made a mistake blocking his exit, and the club with offering him an extension.

I would like it more if we bought a back up LB in summer
Don't get me wrong ,I like Grimaldo and think we were unfair to him .but he has a lot of Montoya in him tbh .he is good overall player but lack being gr8 in something that would translate in highest level .

i rarely watch B team games but agree in spirit. However, Alba is rarely injured and young players always have the off chance of a surprising breakthrough (e.g.: roberto) at top level. We can do with Grimaldi for six months and look at another LB in the summer.

F

Flavia

No, I am not. Adriano has until March to answer if he accepts the renewal. Look for Enrique's interviews about it, in the official site. Not a unknown site. Or check Adriano's thread, there are plenty of links there. He convinced Adriano to stay, and the club offered him a renewal.

If he doesn't accept it, he'll leave for free now. Considering the amount of minutes he's had and will have, it was a huge mistake to not let him go in June.

mssarm

No, I am not. Adriano has until March to answer if he accepts the renewal. Look for Enrique's interviews about it, in the official site. Not a unknown site. Or check Adriano's thread, there are plenty of links there. He convinced Adriano to stay, and the club offered him a renewal.

If he doesn't accept it, he'll leave for free now. Considering the amount of minutes he's had and will have, it was a huge mistake to not let him go in June.

In the current situation, you consider it's wise to let a player to leave until January. Especially universal player like Adriano? Maybe he is not in his best form, nevertheless we don't have many players left. God knows how many players will get injured until January. Can you blame LE for not taking the gamble? As for Adriano not accepting the transfer, he could have rejected the transfer in June. We don't know the details of the offer, all the details surrounding that transaction, but let's blame the coach for not doing the reckless move and selling the player during the transfer ban.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
In the current situation, you consider it's wise to let a player to leave until January. Especially universal player like Adriano? Maybe he is not in his best form, nevertheless we don't have many players left. God knows how many players will get injured until January. Can you blame LE for not taking the gamble? As for Adriano not accepting the transfer, he could have rejected the transfer in June. We don't know the details of the offer, all the details surrounding that transaction, but let's blame the coach for not doing the reckless move and selling the player during the transfer ban.

Yet we sold Pedro :)

Maybe we should blame the coach for making a reckless move and selling our best sub for the trio?

Fact: Roma interested in Adriano, made an offer to Barca for him. Adriano was interested in playing for them. Lucho blocked the move.

And didn't you say Adriano is a player who plays games against 3rd div teams? Could have easily played any youth player in that position then....or even signed an okay LB back-up option. The transfer ban didn't hinder us signing Arda and Aleix.

F

Flavia

Yes, I blame him. He's not a god, he makes mistakes, and this was one. Adriano barely played this far. And he already got injured 2x this season. The club didn't accept to sell him to Roma, and Adriano wanted to go. That is not a secret, his agent was pretty open about it. Now he'll choose if he accepts the renewal, or leave for free. Roma wanted to pay 4m for him. And for the 185 minutes Adriano played so far(90 against a segunda b side), Grimaldo could had been used. Then sign someone in January, or use Vidal if needed. Enrique preferred to play Mathieu as LB ahead of Adriano so far, anyway. There's really not a single good justification for not letting him go.

mssarm

Yet we sold Pedro :)

Maybe we should blame the coach for making a reckless move and selling our best sub for the trio?

Fact: Roma interested in Adriano, made an offer to Barca for him. Adriano was interested in playing for them. Lucho blocked the move.

And didn't you say Adriano is a player who plays games against 3rd div teams? Could have easily played any youth player in that position then....or even signed an okay LB back-up option. The transfer ban didn't hinder us signing Arda and Aleix.
Pedro wanted out. Can't hold a player against his will. At least not in Barca.
If I were in LE position I would do the same, otherwise next substitute might him or Unzue. You are wrong to criticize the coach. Period. Coach gets to decide the players he needs for the team, not you nor someone else from Barcaforum. Right or wrong we will see at the end of the season.

F

Flavia

If I were in LE position I would do the same, otherwise next substitute might him or Unzue. You are wrong to criticize the coach. Period. Coach gets to decide the players he needs for the team, not you nor someone else from Barcaforum. Right or wrong we will see at the end of the season.

So did Adriano. Everyone can criticize the coach, it's not up to you to set any rules... this is a forum, and people can discuss this freely.

xXKonan

Luis Enrique: "Sergi Roberto? Very complete game, he's in great form. Neymar? Unique player, greay dribbling, he'll keep on getting better."

Luis Enrique: "Busquets is a key player for us. For me, he's the best midfielder in the world." #fcblive

Luis Enrique: "I feel like we've played a very complete game."

Luis Enrique: "Neymar to be leader? I never ask players according to their contribution that they have to give more."

Luis Enrique: "Did you plan the second goal? everything is planned....including that ball that hit the corner flag"

Luis Enrique: "Neymar is unique in all aspects. He gives us goals, assists, defensive work... He'll continue to grow"

Cule4life

The Culest

Hello Lucho I didn't know you were on barcaforum...

Home of Barca Fans