Luis Enrique

xXKonan

Luis Enrique: "I was happy with all of the youth players, congratulations to all four."

Luis Enrique: "Mascherano? They are 2 matches that serve us to improve and in the future we will try to avoid this type of action"

Luis Enrique: "Adriano, Captain? "The criteria is the player who has been on the first team the longest, if not it would have been Bartra"

Luis Enrique: "Alves, Alba, Rakitic didn't play? I have to manage the playing time of the squad. I thought it was better they didn't play."

Luis Enrique: "Players who don't play a lot lack some rhythm. Now the return game will decide.

Luis Enrique: "It was a hard-fought game. We were in control, but didn't create many chances, only suffered at set pieces. I'm satisfied."

El Flaco

Quotes from Luis Enrique during pre-Getafe press conference during yesterday

"We're expecting to face the usual type of game when dealing with a Fran Escribá team: they're a complicated team."

"Getafe is a team with good structure, can defend well and have quality forwards. It will be a good test for us."

"There are players who showed on Wednesday that they deserve more playing time? Yes, several did."

"Iniesta and Sergi Roberto haven't been out for long. If they're in the squad, means they can start tomorrow."

"We all know Adriano, his level and his performances. His statements were disrespectful to anyone."

"Douglas is being unlucky. After getting injured he played for 85 minutes, shows how eager he is to play. He deserves respect"

"Munir and Sandro? They've been given playing time, they're growing. I'm happy, but they can still improve."

"Messi recovery? The only thing we want is for him to be 100% fit. There's no expected return date."

"Getting to the first Clásico level on points with Madrid or lower or higher is irrelevant. What I want is to win the league."

"The UEFA fine started with something minor and it's growing more and more, like a snowball. I don't know how this ends."

"A part of the injuries we've had are due to knocks the players get and that has a bit to do with luck."

---

Sources from Grup14 and Barcastuff.

I read a french translation. He's saying he doesn't have to prove anything to anyone and intends to continue at barça. (such an arrogant thing to say from a player who wouldn't start in any biggish team)

Enrique's quote translation about respect must be totally incorrect. Lucho must have defended Adriano, not blamed him.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Of course he doesn't need to prove anything. The management keep trusting him and playing him despite of him being mediocre while other promising players are on their way out of the club. That says it all. Why should Adriano care? He's gotten the incentive to be like this.

mssarm

Of course he doesn't need to prove anything. The management keep trusting him and playing him despite of him being mediocre while other promising players are on their way out of the club. That says it all. Why should Adriano care? He's gotten the incentive to be like this.
Management trusting him? He only plays when there's no one else. They trusted him to play against third division team with Barca B players because they have to keep 70% of the first team on the pitch. Adriano used to be good player for us, scored some great long distance goals. He is getting old now, no one was interested to buy him in the summer, we had the transfer ban and extended his contract.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Management trusting him? He only plays when there's no one else. They trusted him to play against third division team with Barca B players because they have to keep 70% of the first team on the pitch. Adriano used to be good player for us, scored some great long distance goals. He is getting old now, no one was interested to buy him in the summer, we had the transfer ban and extended his contract.

Has he been extended? Sorry I've been out of the loop a bit due to the workload at university.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Has he been extended? Sorry I've been out of the loop a bit due to the workload at university.

No, we're waiting for the Lord's decision, he has till March apparently.

I think his extension includes a pay-cut that might be effective immediately (or before his actual contract's expiration), that's why it's all still unclear what's gonna happen.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

That's simply not true.

Roma were interested in buying him. He wanted to leave. Lucho blocked the move.

F

Flavia

Wrong, there was a team interested in him. Roma wanted to sign him. Made a bid of 4m, iirc. He wanted to leave, Enrique wanted him to stay.

khaled_a_d

We should ship him out in january and promote Grimaldo.

I would like it more if we bought a back up LB in summer
Don't get me wrong ,I like Grimaldo and think we were unfair to him .but he has a lot of Montoya in him tbh .he is good overall player but lack being gr8 in something that would translate in highest level .

Galning

At the end of the season Grimaldo is gone, there's no point in even talking about him anymore as a possible substitution.

mssarm

Wrong, there was a team interested in him. Roma wanted to sign him. Made a bid of 4m, iirc. He wanted to leave, Enrique wanted him to stay.

First, I read that it was just interest and they decided not to follow up. Second, with our bench so thin with transfer ban we might convert Lucho into playing coach.
What is the suggestion? Lucho is a moron who keeps useless players and trying to get rid of the talented ones?

Home of Barca Fans