Luis Enrique

serghei

Ok if players 'are supposed to be motivated' then why do you blame Lucho for today?

If you think manager plays no part then you cant blame Lucho.

This argument is worse than your last one by the way and makes no sense at all.

Why do I blame Lucho for today? Because he didn't set up the game well. Malaga wanted more to win than we did although the game was more important to us then to them. He didn't motivate the players. The team looked complacent in a very important game. That's why I blame him.

When did I say the manager plays no part? The manager must make sure his players are motivated and he must motivate them if they are not. Again, Pep left when he felt he could no longer motivate his players to work as hard as they did in the past.

But I won't give credit to a manager for doing what was his most basic job in the first place.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Why do I blame Lucho for today? Because he didn't set up the game well. Malaga wanted more to win than we did although the game was more important to us then to them. He didn't motivate the players. The team looked complacent in a very important game. That's why I blame him.

When did I say the manager plays no part? The manager must make sure his players are motivated and he must motivate them if they are not. Again, Pep left when he felt he could no longer motivate his players to work as hard as they did in the past. But I won't give credit to a manager because he did what was his most basic job in the first place.

I think Lucho told them to conserve energy and do just enough to scrape a win, in order to be fresh for City. It backfired because we conceded early due to Alves's brainfart and were unable to hit back immediately.

JamDav1982

When did I say the manager plays no part? The manager must make sure his players are motivated and he must motivate them if they are not. Again, Pep left when he felt he could no longer motivate his players to work as hard as they did in the past. But I won't give credit to a manager because he did what was his most basic job in the first place.

You said this week that Lucho takes no credit for motivating the player and that they will be motivated from a trophy less season.

You would give Lucho no credit for the players looking more up for it.

Now however they play poorly and you blame Lucho for them not being motivated. Whereas in the past you put this all being down to the players.

It is laughable how contradicting you are.

You manufacture these rules and change them constantly to suit your agenda.

I

instinct

Then why would you prefer a guys whose methods to motivate players were BBQs ? He was worse than Lucho in this regard. :lol:

serghei

You said this week that Lucho takes no credit for motivating the player and that they will be motivated from a trophy less season.

You would give Lucho no credit for the players looking more up for it.

Now however they play poorly and you blame Lucho for them not being motivated. Whereas in the past you put this all being down to the players.

You manufacture these rules and change them constantly to suit your agenda.

I don't give credit to a coach because he motivates his players. He's supposed to do that. A state of normality does not require praising.

I blamed the players. I've blamed Messi for his 6 km. run with Atletico a whole week last year. And I've also blamed Tata for giving up too early and not motivating his players. Why do you keep saying I blame only Lucho? In the match thread I said we didn't show up and that the players were woeful.

With lack of motivation the players and the manager are responsible.

I'll tell you what, you say in one comment where is the contradiction and I'll explain you why it's not a contradiction.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

I don't give credit to a coach because he motivates his players. He's supposed to do that. A state of normality does not require praising.

I blamed the players. I've blamed Messi for his 6 km. run with Atletico a whole week last year. And I've also blamed Tata for giving up too early and not motivating his players. Why do you keep saying I blame only Lucho?

Are you for real????

No credit to a coach who motivates their players as they are 'supposed to do that'?

Thats like saying 'I give no credit to a coach who wins games they are supposed to do that'.

Motivation of players is a huge aspect of being a coach and best ones are very good at it.

Anyway you are changing the argument again as your point before was not that Lucho was motivating the players but deserved no credit - it was that he wasnt motivating the players and it was all from themselves after a 'trophy less season'.

Crazy.

serghei

Anyway you are changing the argument again as your point before was not that Lucho was motivating the players but deserved no credit - it was that he wasnt motivating the players and it was all from themselves after a 'trophy less season'.

First of all, I never used the phrase "Lucho deserves no credit". That's way too radical. And the part where I said the players could motivate themselves after a thropy less season was more like an addition. It was never the foundation of my arguments as you claim it was.

Leo_Messi

How many times do you want to repeat you are a 'passionate fan'?

What is the inference of that? That the rest of us are not.?

Two times.

People were criticizing him for "giving up" on the team and "not being a real fan" in another thread. He congratulated RM for the League title in the Real Madrid thread.

It's dumb IMO. A loss like this, where we expected to win, will always hurt, especially immediately afterwards.

Which was obviously banter but 3 users did not figure it out despite it being plain obvious.

serghei

Are you for real????

No credit to a coach who motivates their players as they are 'supposed to do that'?

Thats like saying 'I give no credit to a coach who wins games they are supposed to do that'.

Motivation of players is a huge aspect of being a coach and best ones are very good at it.

I suppose this is the part where you tell me what I should give credit for now? I think a coach at Barca should be able to motivate his players. I'm not gonna praise a coach for doing something I expect him to do in the first place. Feel free to disagree.

JamDav1982

First of all, I never used the phrase "Lucho deserves no credit". That's way too radical. And the part where I said the players could motivate themselves after a thropy less season was more like an addition. It was never the foundation of my arguments as you claim it was.

Nope you completely gave Lucho no credit and said it was all about the players.

I

instinct

Two times.

Which was obviously banter but 3 users did not figure it out despite it being plain obvious.

Sorry for that. It's hard to understand irony, sarcasm and banter in the internet. I'd never doubt your commitment to the club, especially since you're one of the few socios here.

Leo_Messi

Sorry for that. It's hard to understand irony, sarcasm and banter in the internet. I'd never doubt your commitment to the club, especially since you're one of the few socios here.

I should have made it more obvious. I will use a smiley the next time. We are obviously all disappointed. Hard not to be. No need to apologize.

It's okay man, everyone's on edge. Just never go #FullTata :troll:

I could eat some asado now though.:tata:

In all seriousness then regardless of there being disagreements on whether Lucho is the right man, to what extend the 11-game winning steak is to be attributed to him or not we all have to agree that the real test is coming now.
What is left of this month and the next month will be absolutely crucial for how the season is going to end I feel. The team got the round of 16 tie against City in the CL, the return leg of the CdR semifinal at El Madrigal and the El Clásico at the end of March at the Camp Nou.

Lucho and the team has to show that they are champions. Unlike the pathetic attitude shown at the end of last season were the team capitulated before the league was even decided.

I really hope that they are up for the task. It would be hard to deal with another horror season once again.

Home of Barca Fans