Luis Enrique

Ursegor

World Champion
You're so far off it's not even funny. Lucho changed a couple of things and that is very good, that doesn't mean he didn't made some mistakes in the first part of the season. He's managed to fix them apparently, great, but to say they didn't exist is twisted.

Barca with Alexis and Cesc won the league with 100 points brother and played 2 Champions League semifinals back to back, one of them unjustly lost. :lol: Your point is?

It doesn't bother me Barca looks the strongest, long it may continue. That's a pretty dum thing to say.

lol And who did that? I was one of the first to criticize the guy. Here is my post from September (!): http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/605-Luis-Enrique?p=1332257&viewfull=1#post1332257

However I also don't have a problem to change my opinion and move on if I see changes, in football especially things can change quickly in short timeframes. Others stubbornly maintain their initial stance no matter what just so they can say that they predicted it all along or some other ego shit.

Yes, Barca won the league with 100 points with Alexis. In a season in which Alexis managed to score his first league goal in March. Well done to his contribution to that trophy.

All you did this season is tell us how Lucho with his "Italian football" (still no clue what that was all about, Italian football is traditionally very tactical, never heard that in a negative context before) will do worse than Tata, how the squad with Cesc and Alexis was superior, how Alexis the € 60M player :)lol:) is equal to Suarez etc. Seems like it does bother you a bit because the players and the coach you liked were thrown out yet Barca is playing its best football in years. Your first post in this thread after a comfortable 5-0 win and 11 consecutive victories is a sarcastic post about Enrique being a genius. Says it all.

Lucho is a magician to turn a shit squad into the strongest, most in-form team in Europe now! :pep:

;)

Last edited:

i_bleed_blaugrana

Personally, I think this team resembles more of a hybrid between Pep's 2009 system and Rijkaard's midfield setup. Lucho likes a more physical midfield and more direct attack but the way our front three plays is very reminiscent of Henry-Eto'o-Messi. He isn't a revolutionary coach, but I think a system like this is ideal for this team going forward. It will make it easier for foreign players to express themselves without being overwhelmed by the tactical changes they have to make mentally to fit into the team.

Honestly, I think everyone, the press, people on here and even I were too quick to judge him, especially without Suarez in the mix because without him, this team was always going to look a little funky but now that he has found a system that works well with him in the line-up, its no wonder that his team's confidence is growing.

I think the only difference between Lucho and Tata is that Lucho actually had a pre-season to prepare the team and get them setup the way he wanted and he also got the players he wanted. Tata got a month and no transfers to get the team going and the fact that we were that competitive in the beginning is testament to his quality.

It just shows that with all things equal, a coach in control of the sqhuad, limited off field controversies and a normal season how much this team can do and how much the team was affected in the past by off the field distractions. Its just a shame, this team could have been playing like this two season ago with players like Cesc and Alexis still bossing it up here but a lack of cohesion and direction from the board and coaching staff let saw this team suffer a bit when they shouldn't have.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Barça (110 in 36 games) now scored more goals than Madrid (108 in 38) in all competitions this season.

On Jan. 5, we were 22 goals behind!

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Tbh, it's too much to ask for a revolutionary coach every time we get a new manager. What Lucho has done so far is finding elements of older systems and implemented them on the current team, which is completely fine. I'm more than happy with that.

Siberia

The biggest difference with Lucho and tata is not just the style of play but the hunger of our players. With Tata, we didnt press, we looked dull and werent motivated. With Lucho, that's completely different. We look hungry again, press and are willing to do everything to win titles this year.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
i don't get it. is serghei happy or unhappy with what lucho is doing so far?

Serghei is a little confused and overwhelmed at this moment. He made a weird comment in chat (something like "tactics mean shit, it's all about attitude"), he was called out on it by virtually everyone, and he has been scrambling to recover a bit of his argument ever since, but still failing.

Right now, we don't even know what he's arguing anymore.

Frankly, I thought he was saved by the mods closing the chat, he could have just let the matter rest. Don't know why he had to come to this thread and re-ignite the argument he was losing with another weird statement.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Lucho has turned it around and it shows on him too. He looks very comfortable in his job now and active on the sideline now. Before he would sit on his ass the entire match with Unzue delivering the messages. Now he looks happy, intense, jumping up and down. Good to see.

A dialogue with the team seem to have sorted it out.

Credit to him for sticking in and realizing his mistakes and learning from then.

JamDav1982

Serghei takes the idea of a spoilt Barca fan to a new level.

Winning is not enough..... the team must be perfect in all ways and think of revolutionary ways to win each and every time.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Serghei is a little confused and overwhelmed at this moment. He made a weird comment in chat (something like "tactics mean shit, it's all about attitude")

Idk what the hell the 'tactics don't make a difference' bit was all about. I mean Lucho is no tactical genius but the adjustments and changes he's made (both systemic and in response to our opponents) have been very astute recently. He's still a young manager and if he's capable of epiphanies like the post-Moyes one, I'm sure he'll grow to become a very mature and reliable tactician in the future.

JamDav1982

It was interesting today just after half time the team were cruising a bit and not playing with much intensity. Lucho came out from the bench and started barking orders.

The result?

The players clearly upped their game and for five ten minutes played some of the best football in years. The crowd responded and the rest of the game was a joy.

I wonder if Luchos distance from the players mean they react more to him when he does that type of thing and it makes the players take more notice.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I wonder if Luchos distance from the players mean they react more to him when he does that type of thing and it makes the players take more notice.

So like:

"I'm not your friend. I'm your goddamn coach! You do as I say!"

Instead of BBQ party throwing Gerardo "Grandpa" Martino.

Home of Barca Fans