Luis Enrique

hardyboy

Going back through our seasons under Pep/Tito/Tata it looks like the most games we won in a row was 10 under Pep.

Lucho going to have 12 for sure! That's pretty epic, unless my research was wrong of course.
We won 11 games back to back under Pep.

hardyboy

Luis Enrique: "many rotations? Part of the plan. Happy with performance today. We could see we have a large squad. This win strengthens us."

JamDav1982

No, you said I'm having a nightmare because I said his tactical moves weren't revolutionary or anything.

Yes I did because not one person was trying to say he was revolutionary tactically, but has changed tactics for the good.

In your opinion - who are the revolutionary tacticians out there?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Tactical geniuses are born once in a decade.
And not even Pep was considered one after 5 months of coaching Barca.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Lucho's recent work has been brilliant. He's managed the players extremely well, they all play with desire and they work with a very high amount of professionalism (very unlike recent years). Tactically speaking, he has fixed the right flank issue with Alves now acting as a midfielder and Rakitic in a very comfortable support role that brings the best out of him, not to mention Messi playing at his best level on the right. We've also got awesome variations in our play and our transition is unpredictable. We can go long, short, fast, patient, wide, central, pretty much anything. We excel with all options now and can change at will on the pitch. Barca have faced both high pressure and parked buses in the recent months and have had answers to just about anything.

His relationship with the players interests me. People have noted that he deliberately keeps a distance and uses his psychologists as a medium for communication with individual players, which I agree with. To me, the motive for this is to build a trust mechanism. Lucho has not been the most well liked coach and has had a shaky overall time here (pre-January). If he can keep things calm and professional right now then the players will rally and keep up with things. If he can build at least a somewhat long career at Barca (>1-2 seasons) then I think the 'distance' will reduce because he'll be trusted more and looked towards by the players for answers. It's easier to build comfort with players as a coach when you have merit and I think Lucho is slowly acquiring that. It's unlike Tata who left himself vulnerable to a lack of response from the players because they didn't take him as seriously and work with the same level of focus or professionalism. More results=more coaching merit=more trust=better relationship with players=better response=more results. An awesome positive cycle can be built from this and Lucho seems to have figured that out.

JamDav1982

Nice comment from Lucho. Let's hope he can convince Pedro to stay.

Pedro has to stay.

He reminds me of the guy in the film 'Rudy'... his attitude and work rate are a bench mark to the other players.

Having said that couldnt grudge him moving on as he has been a phenomenal servant to the club.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Lucho's recent work has been brilliant. He's managed the players extremely well, they all play with desire and they work with a very high amount of professionalism (very unlike recent years). Tactically speaking, he has fixed the right flank issue with Alves now acting as a midfielder and Rakitic in a very comfortable support role that brings the best out of him, not to mention Messi playing at his best level on the right. We've also got awesome variations in our play and our transition is unpredictable. We can go long, short, fast, patient, wide, central, pretty much anything. We excel with all options now and can change at will on the pitch. Barca have faced both high pressure and parked buses in the recent months and have had answers to just about anything.

His relationship with the players interests me. People have noted that he deliberately keeps a distance and uses his psychologists as a medium for communication with individual players, which I agree with. To me, the motive for this is to build a trust mechanism. Lucho has not been the most well liked coach and has had a shaky overall time here (pre-January). If he can keep things calm and professional right now then the players will rally and keep up with things. If he can build at least a somewhat long career at Barca (>1-2 seasons) then I think the 'distance' will reduce because he'll be trusted more and looked towards by the players for answers. It's easier to build comfort with players as a coach when you have merit and I think Lucho is slowly acquiring that. It's unlike Tata who left himself vulnerable to a lack of response from the players because they didn't take him as seriously and work with the same level of focus or professionalism. More results=more coaching merit=more trust=better relationship with players=better response=more results. An awesome positive cycle can be built from this and Lucho seems to have figured that out.

:goodpost:

serghei

The idea with Alves in the center was frequently used by Pep. Alves' movement when one of the midfielder went up the pitch to create superiority was to drift centrally. That's not something Lucho discovered. And Messi playing right is also not something he discovered. In fact, at first, Lucho was using Alves more as a winger on our possession play.

JamDav1982

The idea with Alves in the center was frequently used by Pep. Alves' movement when one of the midfielder went up the pitch to create superiority was to drift centrally. That's not something Lucho discovered. And Messi playing right is also not something he discovered. In fact, at first, Lucho was using Alves more as a winger on our possession play.

You are still not getting the point whatsoever.

No one is trying to say Lucho is a tactical revolutionary.

Barely any managers ever are but he has changed things.

Home of Barca Fans