Luis Enrique

hamad138

Banned
Well the line up changes surprised PSG, PSG were confused, so Luchos Idea worked. Only downside was that our Players was confused too, that should be avoided

Kasperroed

I don't get what you guys expect. You want Lucho to play tiki taka while scoring one touch goals. You expect everyone to dribble 3 players? We expect to reincarnate Puyol into Bartra and win every duel while yelling at Pique.

Tito played with all our creative guys got 100 points but got whooped by Real in super copa and copa while Bayern humiliated us.

Tata played the same lineup as Tito but managed to shore up the defense where we lost to Real and Atletico by a single goal only.

Lucho is trying to build of Tata who got some team defense and better marking going. He added some bigger men like Mathieu, Raki and Suarez and is trying to surprise teams with different looks instead of the Xavi Busi Iniesta Pedro Messi Ney weaklings. He tried the same old barca tito tata pep spin off vs Real and got blown. Now it's time to change the comfort level of the players.

I agree with you. However, i believe Lucho made a HUGE mistake not giving Montoya a real chance before now. I still can't get my mind around it. Buying Vermalen was a big mistake too, but we don't know if it was Lucho's decision to sign him.

OAN: Pique has been amazing recently. I really enjoy watching him. Strong defensively, calm on the ball, lovely passes etc. Alba has been amazing offensively too. If we can get Iniesta back to his former level, Suarez scoring goals, Montoya playing more often, and Neymar well back from injury the team actually looks really good!

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
No one expect him to do that, but what people expect is for him to have a clear idea of how he wants Barcelona to play, a clear idea of his Barcelona, a Barcelona which can work, succeed and challenge for all trophies.

What he is doing right now is experimenting all the time and changing his lineups every single game and we're struggling. We're not playing well. We're a not a team, Barcelona right now is 11 players on the field which is carried by a few players every game and we're halfway through the season. Time is running out for him, it's now or never. Lucho need to get his ideas right which can work and build on it instead of doing something different every game because that is never gonna work. You'll just confuse the players and eventually lose the dressing room.

Last edited:

barcanuck

No one expect him to do that, but what people expect is for him to have a clear idea of how he wants Barcelona to play, a clear idea of his Barcelona, a Barcelona which can work, succeed and challenge for all trophies.

What he is doing right now is experimenting all the time and changing his lineups every single game and we're struggling. We're not playing well. We're a not a team, Barcelona right now is 11 players on the field which is carried by a few players every game and we're halfway through the season. Time is running out for him, it's now or never. Lucho need to get his ideas right which can work and build on it instead of doing something different every game because that is never gonna work. You'll just confuse the players and eventually lose the dressing room.

Some players already checked out mentally before Lucho. I love the fact Lucho is trying new things to get them out of the slack mentality. Do you thinking losing the back bone of the team (Valdes and Puyol) and a key mid (Cesc) is easy to replace?

Lucho needs a full season to implement his ideas. Especially after losing the two captains and having Suarez available for only 2 months.

F

Flavia

Barcelona will play a friendly game in Qatar on Tuesday 4 February. Opponent not yet decided. [cope]

Not official yet, and I hope it's not true. It's right before the trip to San Mamés.

F

Flavia

Barcelona will play a friendly game in Qatar on Tuesday 4 February. Opponent not yet decided. [cope]

Not official yet, and I hope it's not true. It's right before the trip to San Mamés.
It's freaking official. What morons we have in this board. Friendly during the season, in qatar. Before facing athletic at San mames... :facepalm:

L

linetty

It's official now but the opponent is still yet to be decided.

Feb 1st -- Villarreal at home
Feb 4th -- friendly in Qatar
Feb 8th -- game at San Mamés

:facepalm:

Last edited:
I

instinct

I wouldn't even be surprised if the game is postponed to the Thursday after the Man City game and 2 days before the Clasico.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
I really hope this decision was made by the board and Lucho had no say in this. Otherwise, my faith in him will be at an absolute minimum.

I

instinct

I really hope this decision was made by the board and Lucho had no say in this. Otherwise, my faith in him will be at an absolute minimum.

As if the coach has any influence in such decisions. It's about money and not about sporting reasons.

Galning

Just send Eusebio and the board and dress them up as our star players. At least they won't be around for a couple of days then.

Home of Barca Fans