Luis Enrique

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
I think Lucho might have amnesia time and time again. He fixes his tactics in the 2nd half of one match then amnesia strikes and he forgets them and he goes back to his boneheaded tactics for another first half. The Lucho Amnesia cycle.

M

Madara Uchiha

I'm far from convinced, but we might as well keep him until the end of the season and then assess the situation then. Not like we can get anyone good mid season. If we get a new coach next season, it'd better not be yet another no name scrub.

Anyway his next big test is coming up in a couple of days. Time to see if he's learned from failing the previous 2.

Last edited:
L

linetty

It's incredible how he analyzes and kills the game during half time break. Although it's time to prepare to a game before it starts and not when it's ongoing because it will not work against big sides.

DinhoR10

Complete opposite of Tata actually, tata could analyze a game before hand but if it doesnt work he was basically fucked. Lucho seems really hit or miss beforehand but makes good tactic calls and subs to turn it around.

Gnidrologist

I haven't read all of this thread and lots of others in this forum, but i have to say something that will seem probably too contrarily to the overwhelming ''LuchoOut'' rhetoric.
It seems that a lot of people here had joined into the festival of orgasmic victories since Pep and Spain won it all since 2008 and expectations thoroughly skewed for this reason. I'm yet to understand if L.E. has any potential to be a great coach, but reactions here are beyond childish most of the time. I started to follow and admire Barca's way of playing about the time when Croiff was gone (the Robson time) and i learned to love this team for it's philosophy, which was never compromised even in the most weak moments in late 90s/early00s, when despite great attacking display, they were always loosing in crucial matches because of non existent defense (Sergi, Abelardo, etc plz) and it was already orgasmic for me to see Rijkard's team to rise above not only the slump that was at the time, but even surpass the dominant way of playing that Croiff implemented.

Now after Pep there is really impossible hurdle to overcome, especially given that the best midfield in work was at his disposition at the time. At this point there is just shambles of that team with ready to retire Xavi and out of his prime Iniesta + Busquets, who seems unconfortable without those two ubermennsches ubermensching, without Puyol, who was an engine and flag bearer of the team for so many years + fact that many of these players, have ''seen it all'' to the point that it's no really a matter of life or death to prove themselves to the world. There have been a lot of coaches, good, proven coaches, who have failed to do anything good with their teams even in most favorable situations (Mou with Real?) so i don't really see Lucho's performance as dramatic as most of you do. He has no leverage, obviously, because he hasn't done much, but the team has set such a high standard from all the previous years that i doubt that even the 'ol dawgs' like Mou or Ancelotti would do better here at this moment.
You have to merit the fact that despite the absence of our incredible midfield duo Xaviesta for most of the recent times, Barca still seems absolutely dominant and in tact with Pep's philosophy even now, even though one could think that it was only a matter of lucky circumstances at the time. For a record, i have watched a lot of recorded matches under the Croiff's reign and the midfield looked much worse than it looks today, even with likes of Rakitic and Rafinha playing. Thinking that Lucho OUGHT to return the fluidity and perfection that was achieved under Pep's best years (which weren't in 2008/09 season btw) with aging players out of their prime form and hunger is ridiculous. I could only blame him for somewhat weird decisions in some lineups and tactics, but i guess it's better to experiment and be wrong than hold on to old and tried formula and fail either way like Tata did anyway.
I hope he has at least an approximate view of what he wants with this team and the endless experimentation is just a trying to see what's best instead of ''lol what if i press diss button'' type stupidity. Until then..

Last edited:

Fibonacci

I haven't read all of this thread and lots of others in this forum, but i have to say something that will seem probably too contrarily to the overwhelming ''LuchoOut'' rhetoric.
It seems that a lot of people here had joined into the festival of orgasmic victories since Pep and Spain won it all since 2008 and expectations thoroughly skewed for this reason. I'm yet to understand if L.E. has any potential to be a great coach, but reactions here are beyond childish most of the time. I started to follow and admire Barca's way of playing about the time when Croiff was gone (the Robson time) and i learned to love this team for it's philosophy, which was never compromised even in the most weak moments in late 90s/early00s, when despite great attacking display, they were always loosing in crucial matches because of non existent defense (Sergi, Abelardo, etc plz) and it was already orgasmic for me to see Rijkard's team to rise above not only the slump that was at the time, but even surpass the dominant way of playing that Croiff implemented.

Now after Pep there is really impossible hurdle to overcome, especially given that the best midfield in work was at his disposition at the time. At this point there is just shambles of that team with ready to retire Xavi and out of his prime Iniesta + Busquets, who seems unconfortable without those two ubermennsches ubermensching, without Puyol, who was an engine and flag bearer of the team for so many years + fact that many of these players, have ''seen it all'' to the point that it's no really a matter of life or death to prove themselves to the world. There have been a lot of coaches, good, proven coaches, who have failed to do anything good with their teams even in most favorable situations (Mou with Real?) so i don't really see Lucho's performance as dramatic as most of you do. He has no leverage, obviously, because he hasn't done much, but the team has set such a high standard from all the previous years that i doubt that even the 'ol dawgs' like Mou or Ancelotti would do better here at this moment.
You have to merit the fact that despite the absence of our incredible midfield duo Xaviesta for most of the recent times, Barca still seems absolutely dominant and in tact with Pep's philosophy even now, even though one could think that it was only a matter of lucky circumstances at the time. For a record, i have watched a lot of recorded matches under the Croiff's reign and the midfield looked much worse than it looks today, even with likes of Rakitic and Rafinha playing. Thinking that Lucho OUGHT to return the fluidity and perfection that was achieved under Pep's best years (which weren't in 2008/09 season btw) with aging players out of their prime form and hunger is ridiculous. I could only blame him for somewhat weird decisions in some lineups and tactics, but i guess it's better to experiment and be wrong than hold on to old and tried formula and fail either way like Tata did anyway.
I hope he has at least an approximate view of what he wants with this team and the endless experimentation is just a trying to see what's best instead of ''lol what if i press diss button'' type stupidity. Until then..

Great post! If only more people could see that this is the case.

I

instinct

Luis Enrique: "Who will play as right-back? It will be a surprise for PSG..."

:lucho3:

Home of Barca Fans