Luis Enrique

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He does some things right. Dropped Pique for a while, tried Masch as dm, left out Iniesta beyond his injury...
Idea behind a diamond midfield is good too as it creates space for Messi and forwards.
But these are the strategical things everyone can tick in football manager. It's the tactical piece that's missing. Day to day training stuff.
Where's the fluidity and pressing?

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
ssdas.jpg

Average positions.

Suarez the true number nine, two CMs close to each other.

quoted myself so that it's here

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
Every game even when we win I'm left feeling like meh. Maybe I'm just spoiled by our Golden age but there's nothing extraordinary in our play except for the occasional individual brilliance from our forwards, no fluidity players look static. Don Andres added a bit of fluidity to our play for a while when he came in then the game died down too much. Hopefully we get to see more of that against PSG. I sympathize with others I don't really get the feeling we're going to win anything this season. Team still needs to click.

Alik

Interesting how the thread just goes quiet when we don't lose the game.

Not saying that Lucho is a good coach, but that the forum loves calling for him to be sacked without considering who out there is available and probable to improve the team.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
The tactics in this game (the 2nd half mainly) mirrored those against APOEL and Sevilla. A lot less rigidity than before. The midfielders actually move from left to right depending on which side the ball is in which is 100000x better for lateral transition than Iniesta almost exclusively staying on the left and Rakitic doing the same on the right. Quicker ball movement makes us more deadly in attack and leads to Messi having the perfect platform for GOAT performances. We have more control of the field, not just possession.

If Lucho can keep this momentum against PSG we'll dominate the match with much more ease, though I suspect that we'll still struggle with counters as we did today. He's still doing poorly in terms of substitute decisions and having random shit-for-brain days like against Valencia, but this particular system I feel is on its way to success.

Devils

I'm still Lucho out, I don't care what the result was.

To give him credit for the result is a joke, this is Messi's team.

khaled_a_d

It is a stubborn reaction tbh,Messi is the team best player and when he is on the pitch I won't blame the coach that our best player won us the game ,the 1st half was fucked up but we returned and we had much better 2nd half

The tactics in this game (the 2nd half mainly) mirrored those against APOEL and Sevilla. A lot less rigidity than before. The midfielders actually move from left to right depending on which side the ball is in which is 100000x better for lateral transition than Iniesta almost exclusively staying on the left and Rakitic doing the same on the right. Quicker ball movement makes us more deadly in attack and leads to Messi having the perfect platform for GOAT performances. We have more control of the field, not just possession.

If Lucho can keep this momentum against PSG we'll dominate the match with much more ease, though I suspect that we'll still struggle with counters as we did today. He's still doing poorly in terms of substitute decisions and having random shit-for-brain days like against Valencia, but this particular system I feel is on its way to success.

This.

JamDav1982

Thats not the case.

IT cant be that its Messis team when they win and Luchos team when they lose.

If thats the case you better blame Messi every time the team fails..... which is totally wrong to do.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Anyway, even though he makes some head-scratching decisions still, it's early days. And we aren't doing terribly.

DinhoR10

Believe it or not, improvements have been coming, slowly but surely. Messi back to his best, defense has been on point (aside from today). Alves has stopped destroying the midfield. Alba is on some godlike form.

The things that are missing right now are consistency in movement from the team, Suarez's lack of goal scoring form and making Iniesta-Rakitic into a fullfleged midfield partnership. The last two things can only come with time played together. The movement of the team needs to be consistent though, sometimes its great its 2011 again but other times its back to 2013.

Home of Barca Fans