Luis Enrique

F

Flavia

I'm more worried about the decrease in goals scored. With Messi, Neymar and Suarez, these numbers better go up.

Kohe321

Considering we mainly improved our attack this summer, it's indeed pretty sad to see that stat lower than before. Lucho needs to fix that, among many other things... :unsure:

SeloBarca

Its becouse we didnt strenghten our midfield enough.
Basicly we only brought in Raki, and hes been very inconsistant, and not to good against stronger oponents.

We dont really have any balldistributor from midfield to attackers without Xavi. And now when Iniesta has been gone its even worse.
First we shoulda bought someone like Gundogan, Kroos, Koke that are good at distributing balls, then someone faster and stronger to take the lead, like Pjanic.

Also, the tactics Lucho are using, with the midfielders only beeing able to see eachother with binoculars doesnt make things better.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Its becouse we didnt strenghten our midfield enough.
Basicly we only brought in Raki, and hes been very inconsistant, and not to good against stronger oponents.

We dont really have any balldistributor from midfield to attackers without Xavi. And now when Iniesta has been gone its even worse.
First we shoulda bought someone like Gundogan, Kroos, Koke that are good at distributing balls, then someone faster and stronger to take the lead, like Pjanic.

Also, the tactics Lucho are using, with the midfielders only beeing able to see eachother with binoculars doesnt make things better.

+1

Jadentheman

Just remind everyone that Kroos was very close to coming, but then board decides and got Rafiki instead. We missed that chance But it's the board's fault for failing to negotiate with Bayern in a reasonable way. The board is awful at transfer deals with big clubs

Devils

This guy is a such a tool.

His stubbornness is going to cost us the only RB in the first team that has any sort of potential for the future.

khaled_a_d

Considering we mainly improved our attack this summer, it's indeed pretty sad to see that stat lower than before. Lucho needs to fix that, among many other things... :unsure:

We have bought 7 new players and brought Rafinha back from loan ,2 GKs,3 Defenders,1 in midfield and 1 in attack .we also sold Alexis loaned Tello and Pedro is declining
so the only is Suarez over Alexis .but we have less depth(and we didn't have much last year actually) in attack .it is the MSN and just it,Munir isn't the saviour either .We might have spent most money on attack but I don't think we mainly improved it

Zebulun

I'm more worried about the decrease in goals scored. With Messi, Neymar and Suarez, these numbers better go up.

I'm worried about it too but i dont think it will be fixed. Lucho so far has shown 0 tactical ability and the fact that we basically play without a midfield and depend on messi/suarez/neymar to create is a problem. yes the attackers can from time to time drop and create thats fine, but they are supposed to also be on the receiving end of midfield combination plays. but when you have a midfield baby sitting fullbacks, attackers deep in midfield, messi by half line. At the moment its chaos, its only because at la masia the players learnt to be respectful that this isnt an all out fiasco.

Gaudi

Scholes:

For much of the game I felt they were a ghost of the side they had once been," the former England international wrote in The Independent.

"They still pass the ball relentlessly, but that old drive and tempo are not nearly as urgent. The breathtaking speed and penetration have gone...

"When I try to find a way of summarising the attitude of the team, and of some longer-serving individuals, I keep alighting on the word "bored".

"It is not meant to sound flippant, but it just seems the most accurate way to describe the way the team seem to treat the style of football that once made them the best side on the planet...

"As for Messi, his achievements put him in a different category to the rest of us who played the game. But even so, in him, as much as anyone, I detected that mood of boredom.

"He has never been a player given to chasing the full-back when his team lose the ball, but now, more than ever, he keeps his movement to an absolute minimum."

raskolnikov

It feels like people have only seen that cl game against Atletico and keep basing their opinion on Barca and their players on it.
Look at his comment on Messi, just wrong, but many non fans feel this way and its way he is rated as a lesser player.
I dont see the players as bored as last season, they just struggle because of tactics and poor defenders due to the board.

B

beautifulgame

Except it's quite obvious how much he has seen of barca to say Messi hasn't been the type of player to chase the opposing full back lol

And words like drive and tempo are vague and useless, leave that for journalists.

What they stopped doing offensively and defensively is rotating properly

BerkeleyBernie

Here is the whole column:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...e-a-ghost-of-their-former-selves-9904796.html

And, FYI, he was talking about the Valencia game. While some of the comments may be applicable to Barça under Lucho, I consider that game, with its experimental midfield, to be an aberration.

Scholes:

For much of the game I felt they were a ghost of the side they had once been," the former England international wrote in The Independent.

"They still pass the ball relentlessly, but that old drive and tempo are not nearly as urgent. The breathtaking speed and penetration have gone...

"When I try to find a way of summarising the attitude of the team, and of some longer-serving individuals, I keep alighting on the word "bored".

"It is not meant to sound flippant, but it just seems the most accurate way to describe the way the team seem to treat the style of football that once made them the best side on the planet...

"As for Messi, his achievements put him in a different category to the rest of us who played the game. But even so, in him, as much as anyone, I detected that mood of boredom.

"He has never been a player given to chasing the full-back when his team lose the ball, but now, more than ever, he keeps his movement to an absolute minimum."

F

Flavia

I think some players(Messi included) are more frustrated than bored. I am, witnessing it all from outside... imagine them, from the front row. All the crap that has been going on for so long.
Also, a suitable coach is yet to be found. I knew it'd be hard to find a replacement after Pep left, and lucho is not the one.

Home of Barca Fans