Luis Enrique

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Which club should we loan Montoya to? I think Liverpool or Inter are best options. There have been multiple rumors that club trusts in montoya for next season. So loaning him would be the best move.

He apparently want a permanent solution. I think he'll go to Inter.

F

Flavia

I still haven't watched the sevilla and apoel games.
Did Lucho ditched the fbs attacking setup, with the cms covering them?

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
I still haven't watched the sevilla and apoel games.
Did Lucho ditched the fbs attacking setup, with the cms covering them?

Both games show a slight change in approach. Fullbacks are more reserved in their positioning, specially Dani Alves, though Messi playing more in the wing might have a lot to do with this. Midfielders look more centrally and even if they still lack the creative and build-up play of years past, what I've noticed is they are being used now more as link-up partners with the forwards. The amount of quick returns and one-twos I saw in the last 2 games between both attacking mids and the forwards could quite easily be more than the entire season to date combined.

On a sidenote, I envy you now Flavia. When I went on vacation I missed the Clasico and Celta games and had to re-watch both those train-wrecks after the fact. You go and miss two games, and they're quite possibly the two best played games by Barca this season. So unfair :( :(

Last edited:
M

Madara Uchiha

The Valencia and PSG games will be Lucho's big tests next month. They'll be the games where we see whether Lucho has learned from his mistakes. And give us an indication about whether or not he is fit to coach a team like Barca.

Last edited:

BerkeleyBernie

Luis Suarez: "The coach said this was a game to play with a striker, to force their centre backs back. We played the way we had planned."

Pretty much what Barça has been needing the past few years, someone dangerous with back to goal who also makes space for Messi. Finally a player who can fill that role.

F

Flavia

Looked like he found a better way to play, against sevilla and apoel. Why throw it all away, against valencia at mestalla? Experimenting again. Busi is no cm, neither is masch.

blaugrana1987

Absolute idiot. No matter how this game finishes, he is absolutely clueless. 5 changes from last game where we started to gel...all that against Valencia away.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
I lost all hope, even if we will play the next match better than we ever played in pep's era I wont be happy nor hopeful. Becuase I know he will change it next game. Im done with this guy , just when we had 2 good consecutive games , he changes it against freaking Valencia. Ill just set my expectations so low so that I wont be disappointed again.

DinhoR10

He had the formula, fucked it up. Team immediately played better when He got rid of the double pivot and the attack got even better when he threw rafinha on. Stick to your formula Lucho.

Kerrybai

To be fair to Lucho he cant make Suarez score and he doesn't control the linesman with the wrong call...but Messi had 1 shot all game. Any system that limits Messi should not be used. Never again with these tactics.

Home of Barca Fans