Luis Enrique

Andrew M

This =>

During Rijkaards time, Barca passed the ball to one another for an incredible amount of time just to waste time, especially in extra time, not exactly so different.
Not saying possession for possession sake is OK, cause it's not, and that's exactly why Xavi is annoying nowadays.
But they were losing too much possession (lost the ball too much) against weak teams in the beginning of the season.

Statistically, though, I don't think we would have regularly had 60% plus

V

voodoomaster

Lacks authority. Is this the guy that is going to bench or Get rid of xavi and kick messi in the ass? Sorry, dont think so, but let us pray

serghei

But one gets the impression that Rijkaard would have preferred to have more possession if possible.

It was not as though ceding possession was some sort of master plan.

Barca will always have the ball more than the vast majority of our opponents. That's not the issue. The issue is that being the slave of possesion is not something to be desired. If possesion doesn't bring you many goal scoring chances (and ultimately goals) it is useless. We need someone that will think outside the box from time to time, because every game we play is a version of the same scenario.

It's not a problem that teams choose to defend against Barcelona, the problem is that they seem to very comfortable doing that.

We create very few chances for how long we keep the ball, that's because there is no sense of urgency in our game. It's like the players think having possesion means winning the game in advance. Wrong.

JamDav1982

Lacks authority. Is this the guy that is going to bench or Get rid of xavi and kick messi in the ass? Sorry, dont think so, but let us pray

100% agree that is the biggest issue any manager has to face.

Messi and Xavi have too much power and leave little room for an alternative to how they want to play.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
100% agree that is the biggest issue any manager has to face.

Messi and Xavi have too much power and leave little room for an alternative to how they want to play.

I agree, this seems just like any other panic move by the board... They are shitting their pants and instead of doing their job, they are taking the desicion that will take heat off them, instead of doing what's needed...

Egert

Estonian Culé
Barcelona meets with Luis Enrique
ouo2yo.jpg

My man :zubi: in the car chilling around with his dudes.

Anyone noticed this? Zubi met Lucho today.

Cule4life

The Culest
I agree, this seems just like any other panic move by the board... They are shitting their pants and instead of doing their job, they are taking the desicion that will take heat off them, instead of doing what's needed...

And why should this take the heat off them. Is this an indictment of the socis that they are so clueless that appointing a former player irrespective their suitability is always a right move in their eyes. If this is true, i pity our club and they deserve better, more knowledgeable and pragmatic members

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

If it's something he doesn't lack then it's authority :lol: He WILL make the team listen and respect him and the team WILL do that.

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
If it's something he doesn't lack then it's authority :lol: He WILL make the team listen and respect him and the team WILL do that.

Plus he is a huge fitness freak. There will be immense physical training same like Pep's time. Team will atleast have intensity,tempo and will use every inch of that field.

Team really needs those two things at the moment, most essential : Leadership & fitness.

Tomchin

Plus he is a huge fitness freak. There will be immense physical training same like Pep's time. Team will atleast have intensity,tempo and will use every inch of that field.

Team really needs those two things at the moment, most essential : Leadership & fitness.
To be fair, Tata also was going to bring back the pressing (at least that's what he said at the beginning of the season). We all see how that ended up.

Antimadridista1

The board is taking the easiest solution by hiring Luis Enrique. I'm not ok with this decision.

I wonder what Laporta would've done in this situation ; which coach would he choose.

Home of Barca Fans