Luis Enrique

raskolnikov

Cause we have a possesion based style, Klopp or Simeone would not be the right choice.
Not many in general would, yeah, Pep or Wenger perhaps and amybe De Boer in the future.

Its not easy to find people that suit Barca's style, whether its players or trainers.

Antimadridista1

Cause we have a possesion based style, Klopp or Simeone would not be the right choice.
Not many in general would, yeah, Pep or Wenger perhaps and amybe De Boer in the future.

Its not easy to find people that suit Barca's style, whether its players or trainers.

Coaches can adapt themselves to our style and we can also adapt ourselves to their style. I'm sure that with a "defensive" coach , our team would learn how to defend and then we'd be more solid.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He played for Madrid and joined us instead of renewing with them. Dont see the point of bringing his Madrid past then ;)

Andrew M

Coaches can adapt themselves to our style and we can also adapt ourselves to their style. I'm sure that with a "defensive" coach , our team would learn how to defend and then we'd be more solid.

It's not as simple as learning how to defend. We play with one DM, which is almost unheard of these days. All our defenders would be fine in a back four with midfield bodyguards.

Godin and Miranda would get terrorised for us

spark

I really don't know if I should be happy about this guy coming (back) in Barcelona. Can't forget the fact that he played for Madrid and also that he failed miserably at ASRoma… Big risk taken by Zubi and his staff once again. Why aren't they trying to bring a big name like Madrid did will Ancelotti ?
Klopp, Capello, De Boer ??

:facepalm:

That enhances his legend

mazp

I want to see how he does in the big games. Beating the canon fodder of La Liga won't be enough. Big CL matches what counts for me. I don't think he can handle it or has the tactical knowledge.

raskolnikov

I want to see how he does in the big games. Beating the canon fodder of La Liga won't be enough. Big CL matches what counts for me. I don't think he can handle it or has the tactical knowledge.
By that logic we should keep Tata

ebieymjunior

Tried that more than once. This season itself should show you it doesn't work. I think Lorenzo Serra Ferrer in 2001 was also sacked because of that.
Martino got the squad firing up pretty well in the beginning of the year, but the player that it benefited most was Fabregas, cause he plays better without possession and with a lot of space, while Iniesta wasn't at all comfortable playing that way, as can be seen in his performance then. Add to that the fact that we almost always won because of Valdes, and against 10 men in big games.

Barcelona have been playing possession based football for such a very, very long time and that it's become their identity. Take it away and you lose the essence of the team. As Xavi and Iniesta said, the style is really non-negotiable, but there needs to be coaches that can coach a team like Barca.

The idea with Tata was to try to add certain elements to the playing style, but what happened was that he completely changed the style, and when he had to play the way it suites them, unfortunately he couldn't do it well enough.

Last edited:

serghei

I really don't know if I should be happy about this guy coming (back) in Barcelona. Can't forget the fact that he played for Madrid and also that he failed miserably at ASRoma… Big risk taken by Zubi and his staff once again. Why aren't they trying to bring a big name like Madrid did will Ancelotti ?
Klopp, Capello, De Boer ??

Because they are stupid. And, please, drop De Boer from that list...

Capitan Puyol

Well, Guardiola also wasn't tactical genious. ;)

Home of Barca Fans