Luis Enrique

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Hmm... what? If there were tactical variations, anyone would be able to see them. That's the worst argument I've ever seen. Invisible variations... ok.

That's what Lucho is saying. Found that comment from him very strange.

F

Flavia

That's what Lucho is saying. Found that comment from him very strange.

Which comment? He didn't said that on his pressy today. Or I missed it.

I saw this: "Admite que "quizás se podría jugar de otra manera, desde luego", pero se muestra inflexible: "Yo he elegido una y no la cambiaré por un mal resultado"."

Lucho saying he won't change the tactics.

DonAK

Which comment? He didn't said that on his pressy today. Or I missed it.

I saw this: "Admite que "quizás se podría jugar de otra manera, desde luego", pero se muestra inflexible: "Yo he elegido una y no la cambiaré por un mal resultado"."

Lucho saying he won't change the tactics.

Don't know if this is legit or not since I didn't follow the press conference myself, but found this on barcastuff: Luis Enrique: "There are always tactical variants. That you don't see them doesn't mean they're not there."

serghei

Lucho needs to fix these 3 problems.

1. Set pieces.
2. Interplay between CMs + Messi (Iniesta-Busi-Rakitic-Messi), less balls directed towards Alves/Alba, more balls towards the center area of the midfield. Less wing play, he's becoming obsessed with playing on the wings.
3. Stop this nonsense with both fullbacks very high up the pitch. You can't have a 2 men defence. Either he switches to a 3-4-3 or one of the fullbacks stays back more often.

I'm not even gonna count motivation. That's a must in any team that wants to win smth.

If he fixes these problems we can have a shot at titles this season, including CL. Other than Chelsea, no big team looks menacing now. Bayern, Real and us, all have issues we need to deal with.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
So, individual errors are the reason to loss vs. PSG according to Lucho.
Let's not concede fk's anymore and get Mascherano taller.

F

Flavia

Don't know if this is legit or not since I didn't follow the press conference myself, but found this on barcastuff: Luis Enrique: "There are always tactical variants. That you don't see them doesn't mean they're not there."

I'm watching it now. Sport quoted that, I really want to hear the question, because that is a lame excuse. No one saw them yet, because there have been none so far.

Lucho needs to fix these 3 problems.

1. Set pieces.
2. Interplay between CMs + Messi (Iniesta-Busi-Rakitic-Messi), less balls directed towards Alves/Alba, more balls towards the center area of the midfield. Less wing play, he's becoming obsessed with playing on the wings.
3. Stop this nonsense with both fullbacks very high up the pitch. You can't have a 2 men defence. Either he switches to a 3-4-3 or one of the fullbacks stays back more often.

I'm not even gonna count motivation. That's a must in any team that wants to win smth.

If he fixes these problems we can have a shot at titles this season, including CL. Other than Chelsea, no big team looks menacing now. Bayern, Real and us, all have issues we need to deal with.

From his presser today, he isn't going to change anything, yet. I think Rayo will be a good test, with the way they play.

xavi_the_Boss

So, individual errors are the reason to loss vs. PSG according to Lucho.
Let's not concede fk's anymore and get Mascherano taller.

Yeah stupid fks or Corners that were easily avoideable and not lose the ball all the time.

Last edited:

DonAK

Ball lost by Barcelona in the match against PSG:

By-tBXoIYAAAwA2.jpg:large

MagIX

more balls towards the center area of the midfield. Less wing play, he's becoming obsessed with playing on the wings.

It is not a new tactic playing on the wings, we are forced by our opponent.
They close the middle with almost 11 players, they know that we are too dangerous if they let us space in the middle, therefore they let us space on the wings and cross....who cares ? we are 1.70m.

serghei

It is not a new tactic playing on the wings, we are forced by our opponent.
They close the middle with almost 11 players, they know that we are too dangerous if they let us space in the middle, therefore they let us space on the wings and cross....who cares ? we are 1.70m.

It's more crowded in the middle (not 11 players, PSG didn't really park the bus for 65-70 min. of the game), but you can't chicken out and don't play there anymore because the opponent tries to block it. They try to block it, we try to un-block it. OK, I can understand exploiting the wings, but there was a stat saying 90% of Iniesta's and Rakitic's balls went to the fullbacks. That is one fucked up stat let me tell you that.

DonAK

It is not a new tactic enforced by the opponents, but it is certainly something different when the manager himself want his CMs to play out wider so they can cover up for the FBs staying high up to provide width. That way neither Rakitic or Iniesta can play it through the middle and express themselves even if they want to which makes all our play rely on Messi.

MagIX

Javi Gracia (coach Malaga): "We were strong in the middle and left the wings open. It worked well, especially in defense"

It is a way to stop us and not even a new one.

DinhoR10

I don't see the fixation with FB play when as shown during the PSG game Iniesta/Neymar/Messi can tear apart a defense in seconds if they want to. FB play should be incorporated but not as the crux of the attack but as a extra that keeps defenders on their toes and opens up more space. Hopefully with suarez in the mix he'll command more attention from Rakitic than Pedro does and the passes will naturally become more central.

L

linetty

Hmm... what? If there were tactical variations, anyone would be able to see them. That's the worst argument I've ever seen. Invisible variations... ok.
We created a lot of chances against PSG and lost because of minor defensive errors. We are dangerous, the ball should still be passed around faster but we are in good shape. Suarez coming in will only make us stronger, much stronger.

The only concern for me is still defence. PSG is known of well taking set pieces but it's not acceptable to lose 2 goals like that in 1 game.

L

linetty

Javi Gracia (coach Malaga): "We were strong in the middle and left the wings open. It worked well, especially in defense"

It is a way to stop us and not even a new one.
Of course this works when you face wings like Alves-Pedro.

Home of Barca Fans