Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Miroslav Klose

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other(Who?)

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters

gingerless

Agreed. Except the Zlatan good part.

Messi's failure with Argentina is the exact opposite, namely the failure of Argentina with Messi. It just goes on to show what a horrible team they have been under Maradonna.

It is quite funny, we get people often say that Barca are a one-man-team, then we get the mostly the same people say that Messi is not so good at NT level because he really is not that great himself, and that is it Xaviesta that make him good.

These people have to choose.

i remember watching messi's goal on youtube vs getafe where he anihilates the whole team then sticks the ball in the net . a comment saying "what a pass from xavi!" because everyone was saying messi only scores because of xavi :p

it's funnier because it actually was xavi that made a 1 meter pass to messi from midfield xD

Interista

It is quite funny, we get people often say that Barca are a one-man-team, then we get the mostly the same people say that Messi is not so good at NT level because he really is not that great himself, and that is it Xaviesta that make him good.

These people have to choose.

I fail to see what that has to do with my post. I've never said anything of the sort.

Obviously Barcelona could never be a one man team at the moment. In fact it's the complete opposite of a one man team. You have many of the best midfielders in the World, and more importantly play the most sophisticated system. Whether or not Messi plays, you still manage to play a high level of football, outposses any team, and achieve winning results against great teams.

As for Messi, obviously he is great. He's not gonna be as good a goalsorer in Argentina as he is in Barcelona. No one could expect him to be either. Huge reason why he scores so many goals, is because everything centers around him at Barca, and the players all look to him to get them goals.

The other reason is because he's just that good at finishing, and has incredible ability to get past players and get a shot off. Why he didn't deliver in the World Cup, I don't know. It's just 4 matches. Probably a combination of bad luck, great goalkeeping, pressure, fatigue, and of course the fact Argentina isn't Barcelona which means he won't have as many chances to score, or with the ball at his feet.

But like I said, no one expects him to score as much for Argentina as he does for Barcelona, and that will never happen. However, what could happen with age, is that Messi learns to impose himself individually on any given match more consistently, he's still young afterall. When he learns that, maybe he'll manage to do what Maradona did. Then he'll be Godlike in the NT as well and not just at Barcelona.

Home of Barca Fans