Manuel Neuer

R

Ryu Hayabusa

It was just a sample. I found more footage, with more comedic value.

Well, guess what. You will also find quite a bit more footage showing his heroics.

You also might want to check how many of said "fails" have been commited during the past two seasons...

zanela

Well, guess what. You will also find quite a bit more footage showing his heroics.

You also might want to check how many of said "fails" have been commited during the past two seasons...

Sweeper-keeping and some good shot-stopping is not unprecedented. I'm just genuinely surprised at the amount of fails authored by someone who's spoken in superlatives, and touted as someone kind of goalkeeping phenomenon.

Babylonian

Valdes was a sweeper keeper way before neuer ever started being one.. Somehow ppl suffer from a short-term memory loss..

Last edited:
R

Ryu Hayabusa

Valdes was nowhere near Neuer of 2013 onwards in terms of sweeping, not to mention as a whole package of classical goalkeeping, throws, kick-offs and sweeping. In fact, nobody was close in the quality of the overall-package. Hate all you want, I don't care.

btw, Yashin was sweeping way before Valdes started doing so. People seem to suffer from long-term memory loss...

btw2, if you really think Valdes started sweeping WAY BEFORE Neuer did, you simply didn't watch a lot of Neuer when he was at Schalke.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Valdes was nowhere near Neuer of 2013 onwards in terms of sweeping, not to mention as a whole package of classical goalkeeping, throws, kick-offs and sweeping. In fact, nobody was close in the quality of the overall-package. Hate all you want, I don't care.

btw, Yashin was sweeping way before Valdes started doing so. People seem to suffer from long-term memory loss...

btw2, if you really think Valdes started sweeping WAY BEFORE Neuer did, you simply didn't watch a lot of Neuer when he was at Schalke.

Because everyone here remembers watching Yashin :alveshat:

R

Ryu Hayabusa

I was merely using his own shitty argument against him ;) More or less... :p

Hummelsbauer

Does that include the Stankovic long range goal as a blunder? Because I don't see how it's a blunder. Looked like Neuer prevented a potential 1 on 1 situation or the last defender having to foul, and then just got very unlucky with it falling right to Stankovic who hits it perfectly.

Manuel Neuer has a very, very risky playstyle. He's become so good at it that he prevents FAR more high quality chances than he causes goals by it. He makes it look easy too but it takes a very high level of precision and to do it without second thought. Be committed.

About him making it look easy I want to refer to the chance Argentina might have had after Germany scored in extra time. The one where comes out a bit and hits the ball over the Argentinian's head and then catches it (looks like he's trolling a bit). No second thoughts. He saw what was about to happen. Made a quick and accurate decision and made it just in time to prevent the chance from happening in the first place. He does that stuff so well you barely notice how difficult it actually is. If that was Iker Casillas (no matter what version) I dare say that could've been a very good chance for Argentina.

He just does it on such a consistent basis it's unbelievable. I already have him above Oliver Kahn in my greatest German goal keeper of all time list.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Does that include the Stankovic long range goal as a blunder?

Yes, because some random guy on the internet put said it was and put it in a video on youtube. And youtube is ALWAYS right and a 100% reflection of reality, especially when it comes to football players ;)

footyfan

Calma, calma
Bumping his thread up in anticipation of his UEFA Best Player award win. You can put this post in Tricky's thread.

Home of Barca Fans