Are Barcelona Messi-Dependant?

Hey.

During some talks to people, I've figured out that the majority are simply thinking that Barcelona are a Messi-Dependant team.

I myself do believe that nowadays in soccer, great players are playing significant roles and it's not fair to think that without Messi or for instance Xavi, we'll be the same team again, but anyways, it could be an interesting topic.

Discuss and Enjoy!

JCCR_FCB

Barcelona, a Cidade Condal
At first view, it seems so... but in the end, I think Barça is more "Xavi-dependant"... he's our brain and without him, the rest of team don't work...

F

Flavia

At first view, it seems so... but in the end, I think Barça is more "Xavi-dependant"... he's our brain and without him, the rest of team don't work...
I agree. And today, against Copenhagen, he didn't have a good game. And neither did the team.
We've had some nice displays and wins without Messi.

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
we are split between messi dependent and xavi dependent but i believe it is the tactics to utilize 2 of the best players in the world. if they were out we would change our tactics to something different to utilize our other players

Ticoaj

I think were gonna make it
If only Xavi and valdes could switch ages Without xavi The team could very well have not had such massive success

I suppose since messi is soo big with Advertisers Many players go ignored like xavi and dani Alves

M

Miss Kris

I think it's an easy misconception that the team is entirely dependent on Messi for all its successes. He's high profile, and his story is so well known, that at this point, his name is practically synonymous with Barca.

El Gato

Villarato!
Barca isn't Messi dependent unless he delivers his best game from the wing which ATM he doesn't do. Barca is Xavi-dependent which is the major concern for them in this and upcoming season.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
When Messi is on the pitch, we sort of are.

When Messi is not on the pitch, we are not.

Pepe Silvia

Messi eats up the entire offensive side of the pitch, meaning when the ball is near goal or Xaviesta are stewing up a slicing through ball, he is keen to it and knows when and how to pounce. It is not so much dependency as it is giving an intelligent person his due. No other player in the world is more alert to goal as Messi is. Perhaps an argument can be made for CR7 or Drogba, but that is the dependency you see. Messi has a predatory position and none of his other teammates have ever stood a chance of contesting that. It is not Messi's fault. His teammates need to grow into predators of their own and stop relying on being spoon-fed their goals.

To answer the question, I'd say yes. Our team is Messi dependent for the goals his teammates have squandered.

Home of Barca Fans