• Fontas

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Other (please name)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Apparently Pep is going to promote one of the B team players in January.
So who will it be, who deserves it?

For me it's a tossup between Nolito and Fontas. Nolito for being Barca B best player and Fontas because he is the best defender and we are looking a bit thin with Milito being possibly suspect to injuries again.

Tomchin

It seems 100% sure that Thiago will be promoted. Neither Nolito or Fontas have been training with the team for the last month (like Thiago did), so it'd be very surprised if one of them got promoted.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I do know Thiago is the one being called up most of the times but I'd seriously consider promoting Fontas because Pique is being forced to play a lot and I'm really worried about him wearing out. Also Pique has this tendency to play crap at times just because of that. He did that during both of the last 2 seasons and also during Confed. Cup. So I'd like him to be as fresh as he can be all the time.

But due to Thiago's clause in his contract(minimum number of appearances before the end of season in order for him not to become free agent) I will be forced to promote him.

Regarding Nolito, he's been really impressive playing along with the youngsters but I'm not too sure he was very good during those limited minutes he played with the main team... true he played only very less with the main team but first it needs to be confirmed if he's not a Big Fish-Small pond. So bring him to all the copas, to all the remaining appearances he can have with main team in the Liga while still being eligible for B team and to some of the CL matches if possible. On a whole just limit him with the B team for this season and the promotion can be looked upon during next season. Just my thoughts

Last edited:

XaviMessiGirl

I'm guessing it will be Thiago, I think he's ready and he's been training with first team more than the others. Fontas would be a great choice too though.

Nolito as we saw last time he played, he still tries too hard when he knows he's out to impress (he played well the match before that and tried too hard to repeat that.) JDS can be said to be guilty of the same thing, he's on and off a lot too. And Muniesa has not been seen enough this season to be considered really.

JCCR_FCB

Barcelona, a Cidade Condal
Muniesa... at the moment, he's one of the best in "B" team... (of course, also Thiago and Jonathan...)

Koma

I would really like to see Muniesa in the first team, even tho i do not think that will happen. Guardiola has already said that he will promote Thiago and it think that is a good choise because he is really showing great advancement in the trainings and i think that first team spell will strenghten him even more.
Anyway, the reasons behind my wish to see Muniesa in the first team action are simple:
1. He is from Catalonia and we all now that is a HUGE + for a talented player.
2. He is a natural fighter, he never gives up and he loves Barcelona more then anyone else.
3. I think he is showing exceptional maturity for his age and good skill for defender even tho he is still very young.
4. HE IS FROM CATALONIA!
:)

Well, i gave my vote to Muniesa, but, whoever gets promotion it does not matter, all that maters is that La Masia is still producing world class players. :)

D

dikton

i think 3 of them: Thiago, Nolito and Muniesa bcz we can use Thiago as midfielder nolito as forward and muniesa as Defender.

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
I heard its guarenteed Thiago is going to be promoted, so maybe Fontas aswell.

Koma

Can't wait for those promotions to happen, it's always a nice and proud moment for the fans when some of our homegrown talents gets the promotion. I hope we will continue with this trend in the future and i hope that january promotions will do good for our cause.

Home of Barca Fans