Luka Modric

Dado

If he stays healthy he could play on for another 3-4 years, but Zidane will have to rest him.

Total-Football

He was ranked 6 which is slighly better than recent years when voters were completely blind and ignorant. To me, since the winner has to have won tites, Modric should be the ballon d'or because he is the best player in his team, by some distance.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I'd prefer Modric than Zidane in my midfield if I was to compare them both

Was just scruffy little hobbit from Dinamo who I used to see in Lake City (disco in Zagreb). Kid with a dream of wearing number 14 in Barcelona. Now he is best midfielder in the world playing for our rivals. Should have always been him instead of Cesc but I'm not gonna pretend that we weren't all wrong.

ManusXavi

I think I remember something like this being desired a few years ago.
Neymar~Messi~Alves
~Iniesta~
Modric ~ Xavi
~Busquets~
Hummels ~ Pique ~ Mascherano

KingLeo10

always belonged at barca. we could have the midfield real has in modric and kroos. add busquets to that instead of the donkey casemiro. :(

dostoevskij

always belonged at barca. we could have the midfield real has in modric and kroos. add busquets to that instead of the donkey casemiro. :(

but back then it was 2012. xavi 32, iniesta 28, busquets 24. so still two or even three years nobody comes close in the starting line up to those three.(so would he sit on the bench for 2 years in the important games and as a super sub or what for an long injury or what???) and unlike cesc modric couldnot play in attack, as a false 9 or false winger etc. so the choice is not cesc or modric!

so yeah he would fitted perfectly in our midfield and post-xavi we desparetely need someone like him or kroos. but it was just not the timing for it. thats life!

gasgas

I think I remember something like this being desired a few years ago.
Neymar~Messi~Alves
~Iniesta~
Modric ~ Xavi
~Busquets~
Hummels ~ Pique ~ Mascherano

That slow 3 man defence would neutralize all the midfield and attacking superiority

Xaviniesta

This man is a midfield god. Every time I watch him play it’s amazing to see the things he does..

Been the best midfielder since 2013

Home of Barca Fans