Luka Modric

JerseyAddict

I expect from him greatnes at WC for our NT. If that is not the case then I can't give him credit for being best CRO player ever. What he does in RM he needs to achive at least 50% in Russia.

El Gato

Villarato!
He's 32 years old, when the fuck will start his decline?

He has already to an extent. But like Bojan said, he's in Xavi's mould, he can turn it up for the most important moments even if he will look a bit jagged and sluggish in other games of the season. He's definitely less durable and cannot do 60 minutes of his top performance game-in game-out. To compare it, he definitely doesn't have the same influence Pogba has on United's offense anymore. If you take Luka out Isco, Kroos and Asensio usually pick up the slack. But it's one of the reasons why Kovacić was missed more than people probably felt it this season over these 2-3 months. Vastly different styles, Kova's runs and movement are more like prime-Kaka, but influence and collectedness is very much similar from both.

Basically he's declining, but very slowly.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
He has already to an extent. But like Bojan said, he's in Xavi's mould, he can turn it up for the most important moments even if he will look a bit jagged and sluggish in other games of the season. He's definitely less durable and cannot do 60 minutes of his top performance game-in game-out. To compare it, he definitely doesn't have the same influence Pogba has on United's offense anymore. If you take Luka out Isco, Kroos and Asensio usually pick up the slack. But it's one of the reasons why Kovacić was missed more than people probably felt it this season over these 2-3 months. Vastly different styles, Kova's runs and movement are more like prime-Kaka, but influence and collectedness is very much similar from both.

Basically he's declining, but very slowly.

I second this. Though I think he is more than just very slowly declining.

Windhook

I'm not sure about Modric, for me he is in Croatia all-time Top 3 players, but Zvonimir Boban was something else.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Prosinečki won the CL with Crvena Zvezda. Shame he wasn't motivated enough to show everything he got for Barca.

JerseyAddict

Boban was class in that great AC Milan.

But for the record, Boban was 3rd in WC with CRO. So Modrić, f* off with RM titles, I don't count them. ;) Gimme somethin with CRO :) :) ;)

Home of Barca Fans