Luka Modric

Stoichkov1

He goes under the radar but is there a better midfielder in the world?

Last season Modric and Kroos were the best midfielders in the world, this year it's shocking how poor Madrid's midfield is despite the CL win.

Madrid finished 17 points behind us in the league and got dominated by Juve at home, by Bayern and by Liverpool when Salah was on the pitch. This season Rakitic and Busquets have performed much better than Madrid's midfielders but the fact that Madrid won the CL will make people think that all Madrid players are the best in their positions.

Morten

Last season Modric and Kroos were the best midfielders in the world, this year it's shocking how poor Madrid's midfield is despite the CL win.

Madrid finished 17 points behind us in the league and got dominated by Juve at home, by Bayern and by Liverpool when Salah was on the pitch. This season Rakitic and Busquets have performed much better than Madrid's midfielders but the fact that Madrid won the CL will make people think that all Madrid players are the best in their positions.

Modric is getting older, so perhaps he cant do it 2 to 3 times a week like he used to do, but still an absolute boss on his day.
I think...he just might be my favorite player in this squad, and at his peak, probably the best midfielder i have seen wearing our shirt.

Andrew M

That Real midfield destroyed Juve and Bayern AWAY FROM HOME. Busi and Raki barely got to grips with Roma at the Camp Nou. Our midfield is useless away from in the Champions League.

The Champions League will always be the metric by which the best players are measured.

serghei

Yep, he's not that consistent anymore, due to his age, but when he's on he's amazing. Only active CM who comes close to Xavi in terms of reading of the game.

vlad

What a player.

If someone would say he is best midfielder of all time, wouldnt be much wrong.

El Gato

Villarato!
On par with Xavi.

Sadly (for madridistas that is), if they get past Denmark, they'll get Portugal/Spain-Russia/Uruguay.

PS Poor Kovacić.

vlad

He would be wrong.

4CLs in 5 years, dont remember key match in.CL where he was underperforming, he also delivers in NT, makes teammates better then they are

I would put him in one of the best, but surely he is up there with zidane, xavi, iniesta

KingLeo10

On par with Xavi.

Sadly (for madridistas that is), if they get past Denmark, they'll get Portugal/Spain-Russia/Uruguay.

PS Poor Kovacić.

portugal and uruguay are beatable. russia too but this is putin's backyard :lol:

spain, croatia have an uphill battle against.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
4CLs in 5 years, dont remember key match in.CL where he was underperforming, he also delivers in NT, makes teammates better then they are

I would put him in one of the best, but surely he is up there with zidane, xavi, iniesta

Wouldn't say he's the best, but one of the best definitely.

serghei

Not with Xavi. I'd say as far as midfielders are concerned, he's in the same bracket with the likes of Pirlo, Zidane, Iniesta.

beck123

Banned
Not with Xavi. I'd say as far as midfielders are concerned, he's in the same bracket with the likes of Pirlo, Zidane, Iniesta.

Different players IMO.

Xavi's vision was the best, but you can't deny that Modric is better in defending and carrying the ball forward.

Also, Xavi was a better passer too.

Home of Barca Fans