Luka Modric

messi2140

6racies Xavi
I have never seen someone who flips from trolling to taking the high ground as fast as you do. All thats left for you to do is ssue an apology and how you are leaving the forum to complete the cycle only for it to start again.

gasgas

nothing less than what you gain from trolling. :lol:

Yeah i don't gain anything. It's not about the gains for me.
It's somehow fun studying how people respond to undesirable comments/information

I have never seen someone who flips from trolling to taking the high ground as fast as you do. All thats left for you to do is ssue an apology and how you are leaving the forum to complete the cycle only for it to start again.

now you have seen such a person :D

El Trencaxarxes

Well as you can see, the decent set of eyes that were entrusted to pick the winner saw it differently and plenty other people agree with them.

May be your set of eyes is not as decent as you may think :thinking:

Well, as you can see, a pair of those "entrusted, decent eyes" chose Benzema as the one worthy of this year's Ballon d'Or. Being a "journalist" doesn't make you right. Or clever for that matter.

gasgas

Well, as you can see, a pair of those "entrusted, decent eyes" chose Benzema as the one worthy of this year's Ballon d'Or. Being a "journalist" doesn't make you right. Or clever for that matter.

but the majority picked modric. the one that picked benzema didn't change the course, just a tiny fraction.

in any populayion there will always be outliers, but 95% fall not far from the average, and that's the population that determines the winner

KingLeo10

but the majority picked modric. the one that picked benzema didn't change the course, just a tiny fraction.

in any populayion there will always be outliers, but 95% fall not far from the average, and that's the population that determines the winner

There is ABSOLUTELY NO RELEVANCE FOR average, outliers, or 95% intervals here as we are not estimating a single continuous parameter such as population height or population weight. What you have is a pie chart, with different proportions of the votes going to different players. That sort of information doesn't support any statistical inference.

So, just because you came across these terms in an intro medical stats course, don't mean you get to throw them misguidedly while writing with an impression that you know what you are talking about.

gasgas

There is ABSOLUTELY NO RELEVANCE FOR average, outliers, or 95% intervals here as we are not estimating a single continuous parameter such as population height or population weight. What you have is a pie chart, with different proportions of the votes going to different players. That sort of information doesn't support any statistical inference.

So, just because you came across these terms in an intro medical stats course, don't mean you get to throw them misguidedly while writing with an impression that you know what you are talking about.

just so you know i wasnt applying that literally. all i was implying is that in any population there will always be extremes, but those are few and somehow most tend to meet somewhere in the middle.

Those who voted for Benzema, strange as it is, are few and an insignificant proportion.

Not direct relevance as you thought i meant.
And no i did not just come across these terms i have used them, in my own studies as well

KingLeo10

just so you know i wasnt applying that literally. all i was implying is that in any population there will always be extremes, but those are few and somehow most tend to meet somewhere in the middle.

Those who voted for Benzema, strange as it is, are few and an insignificant proportion.

Not direct relevance as you thought i meant.
And no i did not just come across these terms i have used them, in my own studies as well

Dude, this is literally just a ranked list based on who got what proportion of vote points. There is no need for populations, extremes, 95% intervals, or any of the stats jargon that you threw in to make your point seem more authoritative.

Because if we follow your word soup, even meant informally, this is what happens...

Modric being the justified winner because 'most tend to meet somewhere in the middle'...when 1st place is just as much of an outlier from this 'middle' as the last places like where Benzema ended up. :lol:

HINT: you can't use extremes or averages or any continuous distribution measures with proportions.

Last edited:

gasgas

Dude, this is literally just a ranked list based on who got what proportion of vote points. There is no need for populations, extremes, 95% intervals, or any of the stats jargon that you threw in to make your point seem more authoritative.

Because if we follow your word soup, even meant informally, this is what happens...

Modric being the justified winner because 'most tend to meet somewhere in the middle'...when 1st place is just as much of an outlier from this 'middle' as the last places like where Benzema ended up. :lol:

HINT: you can't use extremes or averages or any continuous distribution measures with proportions.

i know all that.
i decided to twist the terms to fit my narrative.

Morten

An award is okay, i guess, but this was a clean sweep in all awards this year, wasnt it?
I mean, what can i say....

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Making great use of the "Best Player In The World" tag I see - Just can't seem to get a card no matter what

Home of Barca Fans