User Tag List

Page 63 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
Results 931 to 945 of 1101

Thread: Luka Modric

  1. #931
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    8,376
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ursegor View Post
    Sure, doesn't make him "best midfielder of all time" though. He's not in that tier just like Ramos is not in the tier for best defenders of all time despite being clutch for you and having won everything there is to win.
    I dont think he is quite there either, but is also a bit subjective, isnt it?
    Like, so many rate Xavi as the undisputable best of his generation(if not of all time), but personally, i dont see why Iniesta isnt in the same tier, and i always found him more impressive for the national side than Xavi. So, some think Xavi is untouchable, yet i think he is slightly overrated, much like you think Modric is slightly overrated, and i think he is properly rated overall(despite the hype train this tournament).

    People just have different opinions.
    Last edited by Morten; 12th July 2018 at 09:59 AM.

  2. #932
    Senior Member
    serghei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Bucharest
    Posts
    14,146
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ursegor View Post
    He has been mediocre and about as good as Rakitic overall. Insane hype machine all of a sudden. "Same level as Xavi or higher". LMAO

    This forum has lost it completely after Madrid's 3rd CL in a row.
    This. It's hilarious.

  3. #933
    Senior Member
    serghei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Bucharest
    Posts
    14,146
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morten View Post
    I dont think he is quite there either, but is also a bit subjective, isnt it?
    Like, so many rate Xavi as the undisputable best of his generation(if not of all time), but personally, i dont see why Iniesta isnt in the same tier, and i always found him more impressive for the national side than Xavi. So, some think Xavi is untouchable, yet i think he is slightly overrated, much like you think Modric is slightly overrated, and i think he is properly rated overall(despite the hype train this tournament).

    People just have different opinions.
    Iniesta isn't better than Xavi in central midfield, because Xavi was simply superior in more aspects associated with the CM position.

  4. #934
    Senior Member
    Catta's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    798
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No one is near Xavi. Iniesta and Modric combined are not better than him.

  5. #935
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    8,376
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Catta View Post
    No one is near Xavi. Iniesta and Modric combined are not better than him.
    Exactly what i was talking about, Xavi is actually becoming overrated at this point, in my opinion.

  6. #936
    Senior Member
    Catta's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    798
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morten View Post
    Exactly what i was talking about, Xavi is actually becoming overrated at this point, in my opinion.
    If anybody is becoming overrated, it's Modric. He never dominated a game like Xavi did. Without Xavi, Iniesta with both Barca and Spain has done nothing. No Xavi, no party for Barca and Spain.

  7. #937
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    8,376
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Catta View Post
    If anybody is becoming overrated, it's Modric. He never dominated a game like Xavi did. Without Xavi, Iniesta with both Barca and Spain has done nothing. No Xavi, no party for Barca and Spain.
    I have said that Modric this tournament hasnt been as good as some people think, dont think he is overrated in general.
    Xavi is an all time great, but at the same time he is becoming overrated imo, nothing he ever did on a football pitch can be questioned it seems, according to you.
    Iniesta ran away with motm in so many big games, but for some reason, he doesnt even compare to Xavi either....

  8. #938
    Member
    Science Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    273
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Catta View Post
    If anybody is becoming overrated, it's Modric. He never dominated a game like Xavi did. Without Xavi, Iniesta with both Barca and Spain has done nothing. No Xavi, no party for Barca and Spain.
    What a bunch of nonsense.

    Xavi did nothing in 2006 and 2014, yet he won the champions league all the same. Iniesta was a starter and a had a terrific season in 2014.

    Spain's team from 2008-2012 had the best goalkeeper in the world, the best defense in the world with prime Puyol, Pique and Ramos, the best midfield in the world with Iniesta, Xabi Alonso and Busquets and prime Villa who score 59 goals for Spain. But, yes, let's give Xavi all the credit.

    The fact that people think Rakitic has had as good of a tournament as Modric should end all discussion about any kind of objectivity on this forum. We should just closed these Real Madrid threads and be done with it. Thank goodness my fellow Barca fans in nonvirtual life are not as insufferably smug and biased when Barca players are concerned. I love Barca but i love good discussion and reason more. XaVi Is Da GrEAteSt, hE Is The BeSteSt, aNd aLsO THe GreAtEst, is not a discussion.

  9. #939
    President of FC Barcelona
    DonAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    27,462
    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rakitic is not the Xavi to Modric's Iniesta. He's more like the Xabi Alonso of Croatia. The engine that keep running and covering space all over the pitch.

    Modric's second half last night was freaking amazing. How does this guy run back to defend and make those tackles all game long I cannot understand, especially at this age. I don't think Modric would surpass Xavi even if he wins the WC, but he's definitely mighty close.

    People saying Modric has been mediocre and then complaining about the people thinking otherwise(those that are going OTT with the praise) obviously have no middle ground here and should look at themselves first as a part of the two extremes here.
    Last edited by DonAK; 12th July 2018 at 05:14 PM.


  10. #940
    Lifestealer
    Icarium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    7,192
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Recency bias is strong in this thread. Also people discrediting Iniesta by saying he is nothing without Xavi. Smh. Oh man this forum took a huge dive down in the last year. Modric is good but he is not the best player at the world cup imo. His legacy won't be as big as Iniesta nor is his overall level. Iniesta has many more trophies under his belt and he gave some critical motm performances in the finals. But it is not some travesty to comapare them, he is good enough to be mentioned in the same sentence. Just don't think they are equal. But he is very close.
    Last edited by Icarium; 12th July 2018 at 05:26 PM.

  11. #941
    Senior Member
    vlad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2,839
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Icarium View Post
    Recency bias is strong in this thread. Also people discrediting Iniesta by saying he is nothing without Xavi. Smh. Oh man this forum took a huge dive down in the last year. Modric is good but he is not the best player at the world cup imo. His legacy won't be as big as Iniesta nor is his overall level. Iniesta has many more trophies under his belt and he gave some critical motm performances in the finals. But it is not some travesty to comapare them, he is good enough to be mentioned in the same sentence. Just don't think they are equal. But he is very close.
    Who is the best player on this WC for you?

    Iniesta and xavi had better players around in NT, put modric in that spain team instead xavi, and things would be exactly the same

  12. #942
    Lifestealer
    Icarium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    7,192
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vlad View Post
    Who is the best player on this WC for you?
    Kante or Pogba. They have been immense every match. But modric impact is slightly higher than Pogba considering the squad but quality wise Pogba looked better. It all depends on who wins in Sunday. I think Kante or Pogba are better because they faced tougher opponents. But when they finally face each other we will know who played better.
    Last edited by Icarium; 12th July 2018 at 06:04 PM.

  13. #943
    Villarato!
    Wolfe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,115
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vlad View Post
    Who is the best player on this WC for you?
    Not directed at me, but consistently good and on the up through the knockouts has to go to Varane or Pogba. Kante shout is good too. Modrić is close and will deserve every recognition possible for his individual quality. Don't think anybody would describe a potential WC Golden Ball to Modrić as undeserving.
    People are boring.

  14. #944
    Lifestealer
    Icarium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    7,192
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Varane is also good shout. Defender of the tournament easily.

  15. #945
    Senior Member
    Joan Laporta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    5,049
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with users who said he's getting overrated based on this WC. I'm sure Iniesta (leave Xavi alone) will be remembered as a better one between the two. That doesn't take anything away from Modrić, though.

Tags for this Thread