Luka Modric

Chainsaw

Killahead
[tw]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Inter offering €40M (15 loan, 25 option) for Luka Modric, Madrid want 60. Thiago Alcantara is Mr. X? <a href="https://t.co/DpAYqL8Sl1">https://t.co/DpAYqL8Sl1</a></p>— FedeNerazzurra (@_FedeNerazzurra) <a href="https://twitter.com/_FedeNerazzurra/status/1025658244931436545?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 4, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/tw]

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If there's just a 20m difference between Real Madrid and Inter then Inter should just pay up. With the right conditions, Modric can play at a World Class level for another 2-3 seasons and that might just be what Inter need to get back again.

Chainsaw

Killahead
If there's just a 20m difference between Real Madrid and Inter then Inter should just pay up. With the right conditions, Modric can play at a World Class level for another 2-3 seasons and that might just be what Inter need to get back again.

That depends on if Inter can sell Joao Mario and Vecino for a reasonable price. Failing to sale could jeopardize the Modric deal.

Yannik

Madrid giving away their aging stars, but I think it could be worthwile on long term. They might harm their chances for another CL this year, but they have crazy backup options already in the squad. Asensio and Vinicius for Ronaldo. Kovacic, Isco and Ceballos for Modric, Hernandez for Marcelo etc. They don't necessarily have to buy replacements, they can just promote their bench players and buy a new one for the bench. All they really need is a striker.

Vilarrubi

Madrid giving away their aging stars, but I think it could be worthwile on long term. They might harm their chances for another CL this year, but they have crazy backup options already in the squad. Asensio and Vinicius for Ronaldo. Kovacic, Isco and Ceballos for Modric, Hernandez for Marcelo etc. They don't necessarily have to buy replacements, they can just promote their bench players and buy a new one for the bench. All they really need is a striker.

Lopetegui has stated they are not getting a striker. Benzema first choice with Mayoral for backup.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
People that watched Madrid’s league campaign saw that modric was already showing signs of decline. That might sound funny because he turned up in the big games in cup tournaments but the signs have started to appear.

El Gato

Villarato!
Lopetegui has stated they are not getting a striker. Benzema first choice with Mayoral for backup.

Don’t think he has. Last I’ve seen for a direct quote was that he’d be happy if nobody came or left the team. The Mayoral as backup was an AS headline.

Vilarrubi

Don’t think he has. Last I’ve seen for a direct quote was that he’d be happy if nobody came or left the team. The Mayoral as backup was an AS headline.

Yeah I was going off that article tbh.. but it doesn’t seem like something they would lie about. Now the Cavani rumours have settled it doesn’t look like you’ll get a striker.

ronniecro

every couple of months i read how inter has problems reagarding FFP and how they need to seel everything they got in order to avoid sanctions and now all of a sudden they want to bid for modrić?it's ridiculous to even think about it,all their deals are loans+option to buy,and we saw how that ended with rafinha

Stoichkov1

Asensio and Vinicius are nowhere near Ronaldo's level. Vinicius has the potential to be one of the best players in the world but it's too early to tell while Asensio will be a decent/good squad player but he won't be BO material.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Asensio and Vinicius are nowhere near Ronaldo's level. Vinicius has the potential to be one of the best players in the world but it's too early to tell while Asensio will be a decent/good squad player but he won't be BO material.

Yep they will be eaten alive if that happens.

Home of Barca Fans