User Tag List

Page 64 of 68 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast

Thread: Luka Modric

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iniesta and xavi had better players around in NT, put modric in that spain team instead xavi, and things would be exactly the same

Lifestealer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vlad View Post
    Who is the best player on this WC for you?
    Kante or Pogba. They have been immense every match. But modric impact is slightly higher than Pogba considering the squad but quality wise Pogba looked better. It all depends on who wins in Sunday. I think Kante or Pogba are better because they faced tougher opponents. But when they finally face each other we will know who played better.
    Last edited by Icarium; 12th July 2018 at 05:04 PM.

Villarato!
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who is the best player on this WC for you?
    Not directed at me, but consistently good and on the up through the knockouts has to go to Varane or Pogba. Kante shout is good too. Modrić is close and will deserve every recognition possible for his individual quality. Don't think anybody would describe a potential WC Golden Ball to Modrić as undeserving.
    People are boring.

Lifestealer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Varane is also good shout. Defender of the tournament easily.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with users who said he's getting overrated based on this WC. I'm sure Iniesta (leave Xavi alone) will be remembered as a better one between the two. That doesn't take anything away from Modrić, though.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Xavi is comfortably better than Iniesta.

Both Xavi and Iniesta had a much better peak level than Modric. Modric never played as good as Xaviniesta played from 2008 to 2012.

However Iniesta's weakness is that his peak lasted too short. The last great season from him was in 2013, after that he became completely inconsistent.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Modric is the only midfield player in the last years who come close to Xavi and Iniesta. I would rather put Iniesta over Xavi, Iniesta in top form is just pure magic.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's going on in here & on *********

Modric as been good but not one once better than rakitic, plus he as proven to be choker when it comes to penalties,on the big stage.

********* writing that he deserves the golden ball this year if the world gives that to modric & neither of iniesta or xavi won it, well we will be officially living in the upside down.

There really hasn't been a great stand out player at this world cup, this word cup as just been one where the team as outshown the individual at almost every opportunity, the only player than constantly catches my eye & who does well from minute 1 -90 as been kante, and to a lesser extent rakitic that's it, none of this Pogba & Modric business that's the just easy names to point to ok both teams

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Modric has covered the most distance in the World Cup so far, with 63km.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is on the same level as xavi, iniesta, zidane, he is main engine in real madrid and now croatia, i dont want to repeat real's success in CL, but croatia is going to WC final with modric, thats something special, i dont want to take nothing from xavi and iniesta in NT team, but they had better players around that is not even comparable, if croatia wins WC, he will be greatest midfielder of all time for me, nobody will change my opinion.

I think real madrid fans consider him as a best purchase ever in real history, who else? They never had so much success in CL before, i dont count 50-s
    Xavi and Iniesta made Spain great not the other way around . After their decline spain have done fuck all in international stage despite all the better players you mentioned . Modric was nobody when he played for spurs . Not to forget that only established team that croatia faced till final was England , who was inexperienced . Modric had his worst performance of the world cup against England . Xavi was Motm against Germany in 2010 and Iniesta was Motm against Dutch in final . Your bias for the fellow countryman is unreal . Pavel Nedved should be rated above Zidane , xavi ,iniesta and even Modric as per your logic not to forget Laudrup who was part of Denmark's euro win .

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Morten View Post
    Exactly what i was talking about, Xavi is actually becoming overrated at this point, in my opinion.
    Nop ,he is the greatest player spain has ever produced . He is rated properly . Don't need to look further other than state of Barca and Spain midfield after his departure. Entire system was dependant on xavi . It's not as if croatia hasn't achieved similar heights in the past . They only lost to France in 1998 who had Thuram , blanc , Zidane , barthes , Henry and other greats of their generation . This time Croatia didn't had to face such superior opponents till final . Will see what Modric can do in final against France which will be vital for his legacy .

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot of madrid fans in disguise here

Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Flaco View Post
    Modric has covered the most distance in the World Cup so far, with 63km.

Regarding this stat, it obviously helped that Croatia played 120+120+120 minutes in knockout rounds, so Croatia had more "time" to run.
    In a Croatian team, though, Brozovic and Rakitic cover more.
    But Modric was a starter in all 6 matches, so he had more "time on a pitch" again to cover the longest distance.
    Rakitic was rested vs Iceland in the 3rd group match.
    And Brozovic didn't play as a starter when Croatia played 424 vs Nigeria and Russia. And he was also rested vs Iceland, like Rakitic.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morten View Post
    I have said that Modric this tournament hasnt been as good as some people think, dont think he is overrated in general.
    Xavi is an all time great, but at the same time he is becoming overrated imo, nothing he ever did on a football pitch can be questioned it seems, according to you.
    Iniesta ran away with motm in so many big games, but for some reason, he doesnt even compare to Xavi either....
    Yo morten bro, you are wrong dude. Xavi was chosen as the player of the tournament in 2008 Euro's ..

Let's take a look at 2010 world cup

Vs Honduras -Motm ( Villa )
    Vs chile -Motm -( Iniesta )
    Vs portugal - Motm ( Xavi )
    Vs Paraguay -Motm ( Iniesta)
    vs Germany - Motm ( Xavi )
    Vs Holland - Motm ( Iniesta )

So iniesta wasn't running away with Motm's till 2012 Euro's were age caught up with xavi , still he had his moments . imo he was player of the tournament in 2010 and should have won golden ball and ballon dor
    Last edited by RMU ReBorn; 13th July 2018 at 01:49 PM.