User Tag List

Page 61 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Thread: Luka Modric

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just hope his legs are still there for upcoming season....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Givenchy View Post
    if Modric wins Croatia the world cup, imho he'd have to be very close if not level with Iniesta. Xavi is untouchable
    Until he scores the goal that wins his country their very first World Cup, you cannot say he’s at Iniesta’s level.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Flaco View Post
    Croatian posters: Do you genuinely believe that Modric should be considered on the same level as Xavi/Iniesta or perhaps even higher?
    Hi, can't write much right now. Modrić is a brilliant, very complete player, one of the best I've seen - but a level below these two.

You seem to rate him extremely high based on your posts, how would you answer your question?

Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_blaugrana View Post
    Until he scores the goal that wins his country their very first World Cup, you cannot say he’s at Iniesta’s level.
    That won't change his level, but his legacy.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just under the likes of Xavi and Iniesta for me. More like Pirlo level.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Icarium View Post
    Modric is really good, right now he is the best but i don't think he is as good as Xavi or Iniesta. But the gap is not big, very close. Maybe i am just biased but Xavi prime was much longer. Iniesta big match performances are more along with his consistency. It would not be wrong to place modric among such greats. But personally i don't rate him as high as Xavi or Iniesta.
    For me Xavi was way better than Iniesta.
    So, Xavi is the best.

Now, after this world cup and 4 Cls in 5 years for Modric, imo, Modric is in Iniesta's tier or close to it.

One remark about Iniesta: his peak lasted quite short.
    During Pep and shortly after that.

Iniesta is only 1 year older than Modric.
    Modric still plays like in his 20s and runs in the 118th minute of extra time, while Iniesta played like an old man for the last 2-3 years.

RM's guys, CR7 and Modric aged better than our guys, Messi and Iniesta, for example.
    Last edited by BBZ8800; 11th July 2018 at 11:37 PM.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBZ8800 View Post
    So, Xavi is the best.

Now, after this world cup and 4 Cls in 5 years for Modric, imo, Modric is in Iniesta's tier.

Modric still plays like in his 20s and runs in the 118th minute of extra time, while Iniesta played like an old man for the last 2-3 years.

RM's guys, CR7 and Modric aged better than our guys, Messi and Iniesta, for example.
    Dont agree that Modric plays like he is in his twenties.

He has quite clearly slowed down off the ball for me and struggles to get back and defend at times.

Was like that a lot in La Liga last season and has been at world cup.

Can still have moments like tonight when can bust a gut to get to a challenge or chase down a ball but cant do that consistently.

Dont think he has been all that amazing this WC bar the Argentina game.

Best midfielder in the world past 3/4 years though but not on Xavi/Iniesta level for me.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBZ8800 View Post
    So, Xavi is the best.

Now, after this world cup and 4 Cls in 5 years for Modric, imo, Modric is in Iniesta's tier or close to it.

Real Madrid players go to the gym unlike ours.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JamDav1982 View Post

He has quite clearly slowed down off the ball for me and struggles to get back and defend at times.

Can still have moments like tonight when can bust a gut to get to a challenge or chase down a ball but cant do that consistently.

Best midfielder in the world past 3/4 years though but not on Xavi/Iniesta level for me.
    Worth noting that Modric has completed the most tackles/interceptions in this world cup for midfielders, or at least, he did have that statistic before the semi-finals.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morten View Post
    Worth noting that Modric has completed the most tackles/interceptions in this world cup for midfielders, or at least, he did have that statistic before the semi-finals.
    Where you getting that from?

Checked who scored who doesnt have him in top 100 players for average tackles per game.

Edit: Not even in top 150 overall.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where you getting that from?

Checked who scored who doesnt have him in top 100 players for average tackles per game.

Edit: Not even in top 150 overall.
    Clearly some bs statistic i read then, but then again, i said midfielders, so to say that there are 150 midfielders with more interceptions than him is also wrong.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morten View Post
    Clearly some bs statistic i read then, but then again, i said midfielders, so to say that there are 150 midfielders with more interceptions than him is also wrong.
    I never said midfielder so no.

Nowhere close to one of top mids for tackles either.

Yip a made up stat.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never said midfielder so no.

Nowhere close to one of top mids for tackles either.

Yip a made up stat.
    But i said midfielders.
    Anyways, yeah, Modric is getting tired though, he doesnt have the legs to always track back anymore, he is picking his moment, thought it was a weird stat too, though he do put in some good defensive work at times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If he doesn't get the ballon dor it's a travesty. I don't care if he wins the final or not. He deserves that ballon dor

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ok. But.. for example, people will say that Modric and Rakitic were average tonight, yet, in the 2nd half and in extra time, England disappeared.
    Mostly because Modric and Rakitic.
    Yet, they played 120+120 minutes before these two games against England: who played less minutes and have young players who are fast and supposedly posses a huge stamina.
    Yet, grannies Raki and Modric dominated them with their tired legs.

Imo, Modric and Rakitic are doing a lot of positional dirty work which can't be measured in stats.
    Their work can be measured only when they are not on a field and you suddenly feel a giant hole in your midfield and opponents doing whatever they want through the middle.
    You just get the: wait, something is wrong... when they are not on a field.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its going to sound weird, but i dont think Modric has been as good as many people think.
    One of the better players in the tournament, surely, and it wouldnt be absurd if he got the player of the tournament award, but i think that it also goes to show that there hasnt been many standout players this tournament. There has been many good performances, but i dont think there has been a single player who has dominated the tournament, really. Its the WC of setpieces, after all.