Luka Modric

FCBfan22

I know that's why i said he is second only to penaldo in dodging tax in that Madrid team . It can't be more than 14 m though

Uh, his memory is very blurred.

It baffles me how he can be such an amazing midfielder with such bad memory...

(He lied in court.)

Na , he was stand out against Russia and Nigeria too . Those who don't appreciate his performance in this world cup are the same set of people who said Messi didn't do anything against Swz and Belgium in 2014 .

sorry but you cant compare Messis performances with Modric who was miles better. Modric Performance against Argentinia was the second best in this torunament ImO

Morten

Poor first half, good 2nd half, but it wasnt his game, really, dead tired in extra time.
Todays victory was a team effort through and through, but im happy Modric will be playing a WC final :)

El Flaco

Modric was pretty underwhelming during 1st half, but he grew and grew as the game went on.

Overall, it's a very good performance from him tonight.

The guy has been nothing short but amazing for the past 5 seasons for Real Madrid, probably the best midfielder in the world.

And now Croatia will play in the 1st ever World Cup final. Should win Ballon d'Or if they win it.

Croatian posters: Do you genuinely believe that Modric should be considered on the same level as Xavi/Iniesta or perhaps even higher?

[MENTION=19742]vlad[/MENTION] [MENTION=2]Barcaman[/MENTION] [MENTION=16775]dakt[/MENTION] [MENTION=6033]BarcaGirl[/MENTION] [MENTION=22463]Joan Laporta[/MENTION] [MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION] [MENTION=21233]JerseyAddict[/MENTION] [MENTION=20770]Raketa10[/MENTION] [MENTION=14062]Gaudi[/MENTION]

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
When he pushes for the ball or keeps running to provide a pass outlet - it feels like a squirrel is running here & there :lol:

Modric was pretty underwhelming during 1st half, but he grew and grew as the game went on.

Overall, it's a very good performance from him tonight.

The guy has been nothing short but amazing for the past 5 seasons for Real Madrid, probably the best midfielder in the world.

And now Croatia will play in the 1st ever World Cup final. Should win Ballon d'Or if they win it.

Croatian posters: Do you genuinely believe that Modric should be considered on the same level as Xavi/Iniesta or perhaps even higher?

[MENTION=19742]vlad[/MENTION] [MENTION=2]Barcaman[/MENTION] [MENTION=16775]dakt[/MENTION] [MENTION=6033]BarcaGirl[/MENTION] [MENTION=22463]Joan Laporta[/MENTION] [MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION] [MENTION=20180]Dado[/MENTION] [MENTION=20770]Raketa10[/MENTION] [MENTION=14062]Gaudi[/MENTION]

He's definitely as good as they were - Our 4-3-3 with Modric-Busi-Xavi in the middle and Don on the LW would have just been unreal! Opposition just would never ever have got the ball!!

Stupid board

JamDav1982

Neither him or Rakitic had a good game.

Perisic and to lesser extent Mandzukic were the reasons they went through.

To be fair Lovren was good for ET and latter stages of game as well and Vrsaljko never stopped running.

He's definitely as good as they were - Our 4-3-3 with Modric-Busi-Xavi in the middle and Don on the LW would have just been unreal! Opposition just would never ever have got the ball!!

Stupid board

You expect Barca to try and sign him in 2012 when had Iniesta and Xavi as starters and Fabregas/Thiago trying to get minutes as well?

Folk rewrite history to suit.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Modric is really good, right now he is the best but i don't think he is as good as Xavi or Iniesta. But the gap is not big, very close. Maybe i am just biased but Xavi prime was much longer. Iniesta big match performances are more along with his consistency. It would not be wrong to place modric among such greats. But personally i don't rate him as high as Xavi or Iniesta.

Last edited:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
You expect Barca to try and sign him in 2012 when had Iniesta and Xavi as starters and Fabregas/Thiago trying to get minutes as well?

Folk rewrite history to suit.

What rewrite history - he definitely was scouted by Barca and there was a lot of movement before we signed Cesc Fabregas. He himself was a Barca supporter as a child.

But at the end of the day, the political mindset prevailed over common sense and the board signed Fabregas with Modric eventually signing for Real

JamDav1982

What rewrite history - he definitely was scouted by Barca and there was a lot of movement before we signed Cesc Fabregas. He himself was a Barca supporter as a child.

But at the end of the day, the political mindset prevailed over common sense and the board signed Fabregas with Modric eventually signing for Real

Well Pep didnt want him and there was no way Barca were in for another midfielder by that point.

Pep wanted Fabregas but try to shift blame if it suits.

Barca had he chance to sign him for peanuts under previous board as well turned him down before Pep even there.

Givenchy

Modric is really good, right now he is the best but i don't think he is as good as Xavi or Iniesta. But the gap is not big, very close. Maybe i am just biased but Xavi prime was much longer. Iniesta big match performances are more along with his consistency. It would not be wrong to place modric among such greats. But personally i don't rate him as high as Xavi or Iniesta.

if Modric wins Croatia the world cup, imho he'd have to be very close if not level with Iniesta. Xavi is untouchable

Home of Barca Fans