Luka Modric

MVBarcaFan

Boy, oh boy, did I think this guy was overrated before this tournament. He has been absolute master-class all around. When he has possession of the ball, it just gives me this calm...the same as when Xavi would have it. His runs past the players reminded me of Iniesta's. I am not saying he's better than them, but he's made me a believer of his world class ability.

Vilarrubi

Boy, oh boy, did I think this guy was overrated before this tournament. He has been absolute master-class all around. When he has possession of the ball, it just gives me this calm...the same as when Xavi would have it. His runs past the players reminded me of Iniesta's. I am not saying he's better than them, but he's made me a believer of his world class ability.

You don’t ever watch Madrid then?

Vilarrubi

Only in the Clasico's, Madrid derby, or the CL. Maybe because Real is too star studded, I just never noticed it.

Fair enough, he's the 2nd best player for Madrid by far.

Tbh he doesn't really show up in Clasico's either so maybe that's why lol

dakt

Ufff, he's far from overrated. I don't know how you could even believe that.
However, I was watching some Xavi highlights yesterday....I don't think anyone comes close. The calmness and elegance of Xavi is just unmatched.

RMU ReBorn

saw this in a forum . Felt like ditto of what i saw . sharing this here

Initially when the game started he played as a DLP laying off those long balls to Mandzukic or releasing the full backs to advance further.
Then all of a sudden you see him down the right hand side along with Vrsjalko playing literally like a right winger putting in those crosses and when possession was lost he ran back and made interceptions and tackles to win the ball back.
Later in the game you see him playing right behind the striker playing those delightful through balls,nutmegging players or just doing a 360 to get past a few.
The man is an absolute genius.
I saw a midfield general(DLP),workhorse(DM),magician(AM) and a relentless soldier down the wings(RM).
He literally did what 4 footballers could have done on that fucking pitch.

serghei

People are overreacting. He was very good but only in the Argentina game he has a standout performance.

RMU ReBorn

People are overreacting. He was very good but only in the Argentina game he has a standout performance.
Na , he was stand out against Russia and Nigeria too . Those who don't appreciate his performance in this world cup are the same set of people who said Messi didn't do anything against Swz and Belgium in 2014 .

Home of Barca Fans