Luka Modric

Barcafan 2304

Ok, i'll open this up. Who else here thinks that while he is a good player, all this Modric speculation is over a player who is not as good as the hype suggests?

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
I think Modric was very underrated a year or so ago & then it just exploded and now he is massively overrated :lol:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I wouldn't know about "massively' but I do think he's not worth 35 million euros (price that Chelsea are offering).
But that's not saying much when you look at some other inflated transfers.
Ferguson had him in mind to replace Scholes but Modric shooting skills are very poor and I don't see how that would have worked.

B

barcelonista

First he got schooled by Pirlo. And now he'll meet this guy:

tumblr_lj5bt0WK5t1qfdi96o1_500.jpg

Guess his market value will drop by € 10 million after this tournament. :pep:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
A bit harsh as this Croatia doesn't utilize his strengths but I already noted after the match that Pirlo overshadowed him. It'll do him good to keep his feet on the ground.

Theconomist

Based on Spain's assistant coach Paco Jimenez, a Barcelona scout was present during the Italy vs Croatia game to monitor Modric.

Something tells me he was probably monitoring a italian playing at the back.

Absolutely unfounded rumor. Even if Keita is going to leave JDS will simply fill up that gap. The chance of us buying a midfield player is slim to none. Our midfield is the best in the world and also one of the most saturated.

BarcaGirl

Modric proved yesterday, why even Mourinho wants him (íf the rumours are true)

Considering he had little or no support throughout the game I thought he did very well to pick his moments, create a wonderful chance and showed some neat touches throughout the match. Great players can be quiet in a match and still come up with a match winning pass or goal. That should have happened yesterday, because that cross to Rakitic was world class. There was one brilliant instance in the centre circle where he wriggled through 3 players before laying it off.

Put Xavi with so little support and with defensive work to do I doubt if he would have given one of his better performances, my point is that a midfielder of the like of Modric/Xavi need support to be completely effective and dominate like one sees deep lying midfielders do.

Last edited:

Theconomist

Modric proved yesterday, why even Mourinho wants him (íf the rumours are true)

Considering he had little or no support throughout the game I thought he did very well to pick his moments, create a wonderful chance and showed some neat touches throughout the match. Great players can be quiet in a match and still come up with a match winning pass or goal. That should have happened yesterday, because that cross to Rakitic was world class. There was one brilliant instance in the centre circle where he wriggled through 3 players before laying it off.

Put Xavi with so little support and with defensive work to do I doubt if he would have given one of his better performances, my point is that a midfielder of the like of Modric/Xavi need support to be completely effective and dominate like one sees deep lying midfielders do.

Probably the first time I agree with you.

Home of Barca Fans