Luka Modric

dakt

No one is accusing him because of communist beliefs and hatred against Croatia. They are accusing him because he did stuff that is against the law.?

You are naive. Do you really believe that all of the sudden justice matters? Why on earth the biggest communists in Croatia are well protected, the likes of Stjepan Mesic ("borrowed" money from his friend no need to justify the source any further, a national traitor) and Josip Perkovic (the killer and chief of Yugoslav secret police) for whom's favor they changed the law in order for him and the likes of him to avoid the justice!?

No one is trying to diminish Modric's responsibilities, but these are a drop in the sea of really important and much bigger issues this country has yet to deal with. Luka is now being used as a puppet to show how "criminal" and unworthy the whole Croatian football is. This is exactly what that reporter Stankovic did on Sunday with his "addressing to the people". Imagine, a serbian reporter, on Sunday shitting on Croatian national football team right on Croatian national TV.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Nah. Mamic is not convicted so he's not a criminal, according to killian.

Being both misinformed about state of affairs in Croatia and displaying flawed logic so there's no point going in circles.

dakt

I don't care who the criminal is as long as the law is being applied to all equally. When it's used to judge one side only, in political or ideological purposes, than it's a weapon. Combined with the media which can literally prosecute and condemn even before the body of justice speaks and so influence society and the judgement itself....can lead to toxic environment for everything, from the society to the economy.

About Modric's case. Personally I don't favor him much as a person , but he's a great footballer for sure. No wrong act can be justified, but I also believe that chance makes a thief...especially when you're young, stupid, coming from the poorer background and the big money comes along. With that said, if he's guilty he should server whatever the punishment is set by the law.

kilian

Nah. Mamic is not convicted so he's not a criminal, according to killian.

Being both misinformed about state of affairs in Croatia and displaying flawed logic so there's no point going in circles.

Lack of good arguments, so again twisting words. The only one misinformed and displaying flawed logic is you, my friend. Believing in some big communist conspiracies to accuse Modric and spread hate against Croatian NT. :lol:

Believe what you want, to be honest, I don`t care. I just reacted because people from other countries could think this is true, if no one said otherwise.

kilian

I don't care who the criminal is as long as the law is being applied to all equally. When it's used to judge one side only, in political or ideological purposes, than it's a weapon. Combined with the media which can literally prosecute and condemn even before the body of justice speaks and so influence society and the judgement itself....can lead to toxic environment for everything, from the society to the economy.

About Modric's case. Personally I don't favor him much as a person , but he's a great footballer for sure. No wrong act can be justified, but I also believe that chance makes a thief...especially when you're young, stupid, coming from the poorer background and the big money comes along. With that said, if he's guilty he should server whatever the punishment is set by the law.

I will reply to this post only. I agree with you in pretty much everything you said. I`m not saying he is the biggest problem in Croatia, far from it. But if he did what the federal investigators say he did (and it seems he did), he deserves to be punished and sent in jail. Nothing else matters here.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Not twisting anything. You basically said Messi is criminal because he is convicted so by your logic Mamic is not because he is not convicted. Simple. You buried yourself there pal.

Have no interest arguing with you over journalism in Croatia as I, as opposed to you, know what I'm talking about as I witnessed it first hand so you might want to cut the act. On another hand, if you are just ignorant you should inform yourself before venturing in debates you have no place being in.

kilian

Not twisting anything. You basically said Messi is criminal because he is convicted so by your logic Mamic is not because he is not convicted. Simple. You buried yourself there pal.

Have no interest arguing with you over journalism in Croatia as I, as opposed to you, know what I'm talking about as I witnessed it first hand so you might want to cut the act. On another hand, if you are just ignorant you should inform yourself before venturing in debates you have no place being in.

Nope. I said he is convicted, as he is. In the next post I said I don`t consider him a criminal because of a tax evasion. He didn`t steal nothing from his club, like Modric did. But even if I said Messi is a criminal it doesn`t have anything to do with this case.

Again throwing words like ignorant, because you don`t have any real arguments. Wow, you studied Political science, so you must be an expert in ideology of every journalist in Croatia and no one else is allowed to comment, if he doesn`t agree with you. Ridiculous.

As I said, I know some of the sports journos that write about Modric, as well as about other stuff, so I reacted to your weird explanations of Modric case. If you want to believe in communist vampires in 2017. , believe in it. I don`t care.
But Modric broke the law and deserves to be punished.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I explained quite well and rationally in previous post who taught and who still teaches at Journalism studies here. It's not a conspiracy that only communist party approved professors could teach and that they carried on their legacy onward and thus kept the entire studies heavily biased and against ideas of Croatian nation. One of which carriers is also Croatian NT. And no, Croatia didn't have Lustration (purge of former Communist officials like many former Communist countries). So again you have no fucking idea what you are talking about

And as dakt explained media have a big influence and very often persecutors and courts act on media/public focus. Here to, logic is simple.

It is also not a conspiracy but a fact that we have Soros funded ngos who have only one purpose and that is to seek and file complaints to UEFA and FIFA for anything they deem is nationalistic. So in order to exist and keep getting funds they have to invent incidents and scandals even when there are none.

So yeah, you have no logic and you are ignorant and insulting when only thing you have is label something a conspiracy.

kilian

I explained quite well and rationally in previous post who taught and who still teaches at Journalism studies here. It's not a conspiracy that only communist party approved professors could teach and that they carried on their legacy onward and thus kept the entire studies heavily biased and against ideas of Croatian nation. One of which carriers is also Croatian NT. And no, Croatia didn't have Lustration (purge of former Communist officials like many former Communist countries). So again you have no fucking idea what you are talking about

And as dakt explained media have a big influence and very often persecutors and courts act on media/public focus. Here to, logic is simple.

It is also not a conspiracy but a fact that we have Soros funded ngos who have only one purpose and that is to seek and file complaints to UEFA and FIFA for anything they deem is nationalistic. So in order to exist and keep getting funds they have to invent incidents and scandals even when there are none.

So yeah, you have no logic and you are ignorant and insulting when only thing you have is label something a conspiracy.

Yep, just as I thought. You are one of those Croatians that believe that communists are trying to destroy Croatian nation in 2017.
I just hope you don`t defend all Croatian criminals like this, but in the end it doesn`t even matter. Believe what you want to believe.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, still being ignorant and with nothing to respond to facts I posted above besides wild accusations and word twisting. That's all that remains when logic fails you.

kilian

Yeah, still being ignorant and with nothing to respond to facts I posted above besides wild accusations and word twisting. That's all that remains when logic fails you.

You didn`t post any facts, just your personal beliefs. Facts are something else. Look it up.
As I said earlier, believe what you want to believe.

Cheers.

JamDav1982

Can see we are all missing arguing about football.

The direction some of these threads have taken in past few weeks is mental. Quite like it though. Fair range of debates cropping up!

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
You didn`t post any facts, just your personal beliefs. Facts are something else. Look it up.
As I said earlier, believe what you want to believe.

Cheers.

No, actually that's what you did. But I am not surprised you are not seeing this after your embarrassing display of "logic".

Home of Barca Fans