Luka Modric

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Croatians are very proud of Modrić. Drago Čosić, the legendary commentator on HRT2, despite being a Barca fan, always praises Luka's performance.

Proud to a limit!
Just today I played a little football with 6 y.o. boy where we pick up milk for our kid. He said he likes Modric and Messi and I didn't miss an opportunity to tell him Messi is better :)

El Flaco

[tw]872918105667899393[/tw]

Croatians on BarcaForum; Where would you rate Modric among all-time great legends in Croatia football history?

Gaudi

[tw]872918105667899393[/tw]

Croatians on BarcaForum; Where would you rate Modric among all

Yes, maybe the best ever, becaouse I don't look just stats. That beeing said I hate little rat. He is criminal with Mamic and RM ugly rat!

dakt

Croatians on BarcaForum; Where would you rate Modric among all-time great legends in Croatia football history?

Obviously works really good in RM, but his NT games are not that brilliant.
He's up there with Boban and Prosinecki, probably even better. Personally he never amazed me as much as Xavi and Iniesta.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I rate that I would have slapped him in Lake City on those nights I happened to see him there (disco he and Dinamo players used to go out in Zagreb) had I known he'd play for Madrid.

On a serious note, Boban and Prodinecki did more for our NT and that's crucial for me.

JerseyAddict

He's up there with Boban and Prosinecki, probably even better. Personally, he never amazed me as much as Xavi and Iniesta.

He is up there with Boban and Prosinečki with club titles and stuff, but what makes me hesitate to put him above them is 1998. and that charisma Boban had or magic that Prosinečki had. About comparison to Xavi or Iniesta, sorry but no way near them. Needs much more "žganci" to eat to come there.

But Modrić is WC and really exceptional player. At this moment best we have.

JerseyAddict

Just today I played a little football with 6 y.o. boy where we pick up milk for our kid. He said he likes Modric and Messi and I didn't miss an opportunity to tell him Messi is better :)

LOL
A few days ago my wife&kid and I went for an ice cream and bumped on a neighbor with 6 y.o. kid that plays in the local club. I had BVB shorts so he told he knows that club etc. Mentioned he supports RM. I paid for his ice cream too but he had to listen why Messi is better.

Raketa10

I would also put him bellow Prosinecki and Boban...but he is getting vey close. All in all Robi was more spectacular player and Boban had bigger charisma than Luka not to mention they had better results with our national team. WC in Russia is the last chance for this generation to do something significant.

Regarding comparison to Xavi and Iniesta he is not even close. They were different level.

Last edited:

JerseyAddict

Modrić blew NT medal chances twice... Turkey and Portugal will hount him for life if he doesn't create a miracle in Russia. Well, we have to go there first but today is the day we can make a big step there.

So Modrić, hats down, but you aren't either Boban or Prosinečki. Sory kid ;)

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Take NT out of the equation;

Surely then Modric is the best Croatian player to have played the game?

JerseyAddict

Can't be sure. Technically Prosinečki invented the game for him. Tactics base I can't decide Modrić or Boban. Since I watched Boban dozens of times in Milan and Prosinecki live in Dinamo... I can't be sure to tell Modrić is better.

Look today. Croatia vs Iceland. Slow. Unimaginative. Toothless.

EDIT: After sleeping it over, NO, Modirć is not the best we had. Boban was better overall and Prosinečki technically. Sorry Luka.

Last edited:

Raketa10

Disastrous performance today by our entire team together with that clown of a coach. They were basically walking on the pitch for 90 min.

Home of Barca Fans